Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 11:16 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

I will say that I am more open to an immigration deal than other conservatives. I just don't like it when presidents lie about their records by cooking the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 11:20 AM

679 posts, read 614,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That simply allows someone else in charge outside of a judge to make the determination after the paperwork has been filled out.
Yes, but it is still a deportation. And that is what seems to be the process that is being taken.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:33 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
The article that the OP presented states:

That doesn't sound like they were refused entrance, because if you haven't entered then you're not a new arrival. If what you are saying is true then I would agree, if a person has never entered the country then they can't be removed/deported from it and that wouldn't count as a "deportation". My reading from the article was that this was not the scenario being described
No, it sounds like border patrol agents apprehended them on or near the US border and sent them back home. Border agents are not immigration officials who can assess a person's immigration status and "deport" them for overstaying their Visa, or committing crimes that result in their deportation. Border agents work the border, not the interior of the US. They are not an arm of the immigration court system like ICE.

All About the Deportation Process

this is a senseless argument, apprehension at the border is not the same as deportation thru our immigration courts.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Yes, but it is still a deportation. And that is what seems to be the process that is being taken.
Nothing says it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies