Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:53 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times

Advertisements

god bless america!!
this sob should be deported
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 11:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
this idiot is suing because the rescue took too long? because supposedly the rescuers didnt know he was still in the truck? i say he should be grateful they found him still alive and he should move on.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:40 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Man rescued during September floods facing backlash for potential lawsuit - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

When interviewed, the host asked the lawyer if Ortiz was illegal. The lawyer kept saying, "That has no bearing on the case...."

The host then stated that the lawyer told her that Ortiz was undocumented, and the lawyer continued to non answer.

Why is he suing instead of being put on a bus and sent back to his own country?

And for those who will say, "Where does it say he's undocumented? Where does it say that?" The interview was just on the news, so give it a minute to show up in print or video, kay?
Arrest him and put him in prison as a criminal alien first. Then fine him the cost of his rescue. Useless scumbag put the rescuer's lives at risk, both by his criminal act (had his sorry azz stayed in his own country, our heros wouldn't have had to risk their lives to save him) and for his stupidity.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
You can still sue someone even if you're in another country.
Yes, it would be in federal court under the rules of diversity jurisdiction.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:56 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times
Put him on a plane and push him out with out any chute at 5000 feet over his home country. Your welcome idiot.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:29 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We do allow tourist, right?
Was he employed by someone in Colorado?
Who is employing him? That would be the million dollar question and the person to really go after.
All assets seized.
Really? A tourist? No, he's not a tourist. He's here illegally, and has been for 17 years.

Man trapped in Colorado floods sues rescuers for $500,000 - Washington Times

Quote:
“I don’t have the money to pay,” he said. “People react like I am a bad man for filing this. It’s not like that. I just tried to defend my rights. My name is being defamed; I’ve been working for the same company for 17 years, I’m co-pastor of a church in Aurora. People know me. I’ve never caused trouble.”
What rights? Never caused trouble? He's not here legally. And yes, he is an azz for suing the people who risked their own lives to save his. Pastor of a church...that's rich.

And why is he doing it?

Rescued from historic flood, Bloomfield, Colo. man Roy Ortiz may sue "heroes" - CBS News

Quote:
Now, six months after he was rescued from the rushing waters, Oritz tells the station he has reluctantly filed a notice of intent to sue his rescuers and other authorities. He says he needs help paying medical bills.
That's not the rescuers fault that he doesn't have any money to pay.

By the way, this is the video of his rescue:

Roy Ortiz's Harrowing Story of Survival in the Flood Zone | Video - ABC News

Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiBelle View Post
They could put an end to frivolous lawsuits by making the loser pay all court costs and fees.
It sounds like this guy has no money and if they made him pay he would just go about his normal business as usual routine and not pay his new debts like his old debts.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:37 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
They should have just popped his air bubble and moved on.
You don't think that is a bit extreme?

Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
He can sue whoever he wants, illegal or not, now if anything actually comes from it should be the important thing. I hate the way that lawyers have created this type of culture in this country that you can think to lash out against the people that saved you (even if it is to get money to pay for medical bills)
Yep these lawyers are nothing but crooks anymore.........just like cops. Suing folks who saved you........just pathetic. Next guy they will let die so as not to be sued. Only so many can cry wolf.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
The attorney's web site claims his practice is criminal defense and DUI. Sounds like he branched out into liability and maybe immigration.

Roy Ortiz has no skin in the game. The attorney is working on commission.

If Roy is an undocumented worker, who has employed him for the past 17 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies