Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 10:47 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Who`s incinerating books and violently policing independent thought? Surely you can`t be talking about those nutjobs pacing the streets with their six shooters while their elected officials hold town hall meetings about healthcare. Absolutely nothing in your post rings a bell.
Is this the best you can do? Did I say anyone was burning books here? Is your cognitive ability so poor?

Why is it that everything has to be spelled out as though we are talking to a third grade class?

Do you know what "political correctness" is. We have "thought police" right here. Certain things are not allowed to be said, and if they are they are deemed "hate speech."

Information is "filtered" or not even provided by the Leftist media. For weeks, it was only Fox that was providing information about the Benghazi attack. We knew within hours that it was a planned attack by al Qaeda. Yet the leftist media kept reporting to their sycophants that it was because of a video!

But, I think you know very well what I was talking about. Your tactic is typical. It was an attempt to paint the "messenger" as some kind of nut case and an idiot. Nice try. I'm not stupid. I can spot the diversions, and I know what the "Progressives" are about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 10:52 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Therich need to pay their fair share - Barack Obama
What was that 99% he kept spouting? The 1% are evil....

Obama cannot control the Federal Reserve.... Yes, the rich will always getricher. That is the Feds motto.(it is made up of bankers that can create theirown wealth) Think about that for a minute.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
He hasdirected the DOJ to go after any display of religion on public owned property,the same property that had religious symbols for a 150 years.
The attack on Christmas....
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
I'mnot saying it happened over night, the DOE has been around for sometime now.Look at the DOE attack on Homeschooling. That says it all.
The states ran education before the DOE set an agenda. The DOE sets thecurriculum nation wide. They set the standards. (Have you noticed the kidstoday are complete idiots)
Tell me where there is a conservative run school district? Look at all thepolitical PC BS that is being enforced in our public schools.
No child left behind... Bush's grand idea that made our kids lower them selvesto the weakest denominator
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Theyhave been around for sometime. They have even been used before to go afterpolitical opponents.(more reason to get rid of them all)
Today it has been well documented that this administration has used them to godirectly after his political opponents.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Responses above in red
1. Saying the rich need to pay their "fair share" is not akin to them being rounded up and put into camps, made slaves, tortured, and murdered (lol at that comment by you). You associated the "rich" here in America with the "top 10% of Jews" in Germany. The Jews in Germany had all their assets taken and a large percentage of them were killed - all who couldn't escape were enslaved and tortured via concentration camps. As stated FAIL!!! Obama is doing NOTHING to the rich except going with the status quo in this country which enables them to get richer. Those "bankers" you mention at the Fed. Do you not realize that THEY ARE "the rich!!" Think about that.

2. On Christmas - there is no "attack" on it. I am an atheist and I celebrate Christmas lol (you know toys and crap, gotta support the economy, plus it is fun and FWIW, my kids even know the story of Christ's birth just because I like them to know the historical contexts for all celebrations we partake in)

On the DOJ, there has been no "order" for them to remove all religious symbols. There have been lawsuits and challenges brought up by American citizens against the display of religious symbols on public property. This has been going on for decades as well. The ACLU and their lawsuits are not the Obama administration.

3. Homeschooling is not "under attack" either. I live in Georgia, which has very liberal laws regarding homeschooling. I am from Ohio, which is more strict but people freely homeschool. I am thinking you are referring to homeschooled students in some areas now having to take standardized test to ensure they are learning. That is not an attack. It is ensuring kids know how to read and do math effectively. FWIW, I am a homeschool supporting parent myself and I have 2 kids, both of whom are not dumb. They are very bright. I have many friends who homeschool, we have an active homeschool community here in Atlanta. And you should be happy that those families are now participating in standardized test since preliminary results show that homeschooling families are really doing a great job educating their kids. Many times home schooled kids score better on those test versus private and public school kids. If anything, this will make home schooling more accessible to Americans.

As a parent and someone who is passionate about education, I am all for ensuring that all children have basic skills. ETA: My kids go to a public charter schools but I am all for choice in education, including homeschooling.

4. You agreed with what I said about those agencies. They are doing no more or less than they have always been doing. Is it your opinion that all presidents are tyrannical Nazis then in that capacity?

And FWIW, I personally feel that largest gross abuse of the FBI and CIA was the COINTELPRO organization that destroyed the black power movement in the 1960s and other movements by organizations considered "radical." Long time ago I did an in depth report on their involvement in the death of Fred Hampton of the Black Panther Party in Chicago that was eye opening for me (he was assassinated under Pres. Nixon - a republican so party affiliation doesn't matter). So I am well aware of the full extent of the reach of our secrete organizations and even though I don't agree with them in all aspects, they are a part of all "first" world governments. All countries have similar organizations.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:01 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Just because someone compares the current political climate in America to Nazi Germany does not mean they are calling Obama Hiltler or the IRS the Gestapo.
What he is saying is that many of the same things that were part of Nazi Germany, the stifling of voices of opposition by the power of government for example, are comparable to what's going on here now.
There is NO STIFLING of voices lol! If that were the case you would not be posting this. You do know "the gubmint" can track you through your IP address and ISP don't you??? If we were in any way comparable to Nazi Germany, you would not be continually posting things that are anti-leftist/liberal or whatever you call it, on "the internets." LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Is this the best you can do? Did I say anyone was burning books here? Is your cognitive ability so poor?

Why is it that everything has to be spelled out as though we are talking to a third grade class?

Do you know what "political correctness" is. We have "thought police" right here. Certain things are not allowed to be said, and if they are they are deemed "hate speech."

Information is "filtered" or not even provided by the Leftist media. For weeks, it was only Fox that was providing information about the Benghazi attack. We knew within hours that it was a planned attack by al Qaeda. Yet the leftist media kept reporting to their sycophants that it was because of a video!

But, I think you know very well what I was talking about. Your tactic is typical. It was an attempt to paint the "messenger" as some kind of nut case and an idiot. Nice try. I'm not stupid. I can spot the diversions, and I know what the "Progressives" are about.
You can say whatever hate speech you want to say in this country. No one is putting you in jail for calling black n*ggers or homosexuals "f*gg*ts."

You may be shamed by the general public, but you will more than likely find many others who agree and support whatever crap you want to say. There are always those with common ground.

We have freedom of speech. Just because someone on Twitter or Facebook calls you racist or homophobic doesn't mean you can't say whatever racist or homophobic thing you want to say.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-14-2014 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post and reply

Old 03-14-2014, 11:05 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

I don`t have to do any better. Someone talks about book burnings and violently policing thought, I`ll call them on it every time. Why do they even try to run away from their own words?
Those that complain about political correctness are those that don`t have the guts to say what they want to say. No one is being forced to act in a civil manner. If you feel like calling a black person a ni*ger nobody is going to arrest you.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Once you`ve compared our govt. to Nazi Germany you`ve gone beyond being a loud mouth. You`re now a looney tune deserving of all the ridicule you receive. Does the doctor want to be the black Donald Trump?
Here's the problem:

A comparison was made, and it was perfectly valid. We have an entire political class whose agenda it is to silence free speech. Thought police. Some things cannot be said, or they will be ridiculed as "hate speech."

What is happening in this country, via the Left (the "Progressives") is very much like what was going on in Hitler's Germany. Progressives are engaged in a war against the free speech of those who don't agree with them. Opposition to the Progressive agenda must be silenced. To do this, they have even begun to use the IRS to intimidate conservative organizations. Where does this stop?

We aren't burning books ... yet. But our schools and universities might as well be, because history isn't taught (except for what they want you to believe about our history), and independent thought is suppressed. There is no academic freedom.

And you people claim you don't see it. You claim none of it "sounds familiar."

That is complete and utter denial of reality, and reveals either willful ignorance or very real stupidity.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
But, these groups such as the Brown shirts were used to intimate and carry out violence against any one who spoke against Heir Hitler. If had not direct or indirect allegiance to the Nazi Party. You did not get a fire arm!
These people are incapable of understanding that kind of logical comparison.

But criticism of Dear Leader, Barack Obama, and the "Progressives," is being met with the same kind of intimidation and other silencing tactics.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Gun sales are at record highs, only paranoid lunatics rant about their gunz being taken away.

As someone who carries a gun everyday, I resent these lunatics who are hoarding all the bullets and driving up the costs
What's driving up the costs is not people hoarding bullets, but the government. And adding to this is the fact that the only remaining primary lead smelter in the U.S. has been closed down, as of the end of last year, because it is too costly to meet the new higher EPA standards that have been set. That directly affects the price of anything that requires lead.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:20 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've been audited before. Big deal. Maybe it was just his time
YEAH RIGHT. ROFLMAO

If you really believe that than I have several bridges I'd like to sell you.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I didn't say Ben Carson was a loudmouth. I said he was pandering to them for some reason. As stated I like Dr. Carson but I do think his comment were unwarranted.

I would like for you to back up your silliness below too because it is ridicouls.

Responses above in bold. Obama is nowhere near a tyrant. He has not bearing on how I live my life.
I think you must be blind. Brainwashing does work. You are the living proof.

And he is not entertaining, nor is he silly or ridiculous.

Truth is the weapon of giants. That is how Reagan defeated the Soviet Union.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:14 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
May be using the term "Nazi Germany " was a little over board.
Ya think?

Quote:
All Guns were confiscated because of perceived or made internal threats?
Not in Germany, they weren't. Well, not until the Allies occupied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies