Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 01:43 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,532,758 times

Advertisements

I guess "Stormfront" has taken over CD now with all of these "race based" threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 01:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPrevails View Post
You're pulling things out of the air. I don't know what you mean but please don't explain. I have said nothing that should get your underwear in a bunch. I said my opinion, and you don't like my answer. I see the school situation offended you. I am hope you feel better. My comments were based on my personal experience and how I understood the meeting. Personally, I don't feel comfortable talking about racism with other groups on the job or at school so many things could be misconstrued and hurt me. When I talk about racism with my people, it is to learn how to overcome racism and build a strong Black community. I love my people, but most of all I'm proud to be human. We all are human. We should love one another like we love ourselves.
As long as some are excluded it seems.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:02 AM

38,619 posts, read 26,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPrevails View Post
The "Staff, Faculty and Administrators of Color" encouraged employees to reply to the invitation to find out the confidential date and time of what was being called a "happy hour" to "build support and community" for people of color.

She said it could have been worded differently, but she maintains the staff members of color would have a more honest discussion about race without white employees.

Hmm, you did not understand my post. The meeting was for people of color to freely express their experiences with racism and learn how to deal with it without someone interjecting that their experience was not racism. The meeting organizer offered an alternative for Whites.

An "alternative for whites" is called segregation.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:05 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,829,396 times
Let us be thankful that us white people had a pretty good 500 year run.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:55 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,193,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Good luck on that recovery.

thanks cause it is coming up on 16 years~~

Old 03-16-2014, 08:08 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,193,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
This rant makes no sense.

You admit that it's a small number who do this, but claim that Obama is making this number grow larger.

You claim not to be a racist, yet you use demeaning terms to describe Obama and his family, and have no problem emphasizing his race. I have a hard time believing this.

This original incident didn't even involve a black person, which makes your rant ridiculous. There have always been crazies who get a little too wrapped up in their activism to recognize that it's not a zero sum game. It didn't start with Obama.

I could care less to be called something I am not~
that might shut some folks up, but it does not work with me
I said Obama because he IS a racist and since he has been in office it has gotten worse
good lord every frigging thing is about race
in case you have not noticed
some hot dog called the NFL RACISIT because a "bunch of white folks" want to band the N word from the NFL
listen to HIS rant if you want to hear a rant
and what I am saying is I am sick of it so wow the nerve of me to say something on a public forum
how dare I
you do not know me nor do you know anything about me yet you think it is alright to call me a name that is supposed to send fear in my heart
well that is one of the ways we got here
the left scared white folks about race
hell they even played the "race card" on Bill Clinton
who I voted for twice AND supported his wife
this is not news Obama is a huge race baiter he brings it up every chance he gets
good grief
I am saying I am sick to death about it

Old 03-16-2014, 08:08 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,019,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I guess "Stormfront" has taken over CD now with all of these "race based" threads.
Yes, we should pretend this never happened

Old 03-16-2014, 08:10 AM

16,871 posts, read 10,523,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
An "alternative for whites" is called segregation.
It's a separate but equal forum.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:10 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,953,815 times
When liberals start screaming "stormfront" they are toast. I've never been to that site but it appears they do often. Liberals are all about racism anymore........just leave folks alone.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:57 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,061,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I could care less to be called something I am not~
that might shut some folks up, but it does not work with me
I said Obama because he IS a racist and since he has been in office it has gotten worse
good lord every frigging thing is about race
in case you have not noticed
some hot dog called the NFL RACISIT because a "bunch of white folks" want to band the N word from the NFL
listen to HIS rant if you want to hear a rant
and what I am saying is I am sick of it so wow the nerve of me to say something on a public forum
how dare I
you do not know me nor do you know anything about me yet you think it is alright to call me a name that is supposed to send fear in my heart
well that is one of the ways we got here
the left scared white folks about race
hell they even played the "race card" on Bill Clinton
who I voted for twice AND supported his wife
this is not news Obama is a huge race baiter he brings it up every chance he gets
good grief
I am saying I am sick to death about it
I didn't even bring up Obama in the first place. All I said was that some left wing wacko person (who happens to be Native American, not black by the way) was being all left wing wacky. It happens at times in the intellectualized diversity community when they forget what diversity really means. From my experience, I don't think her views represent minorities very well, just as "racist" views don't represent white people very well either (yourself included.) I think that Obama is wholly irrelevant in this discussion.

Basically, I was calling out those who made generalizations about all minorities in the U.S. based on the actions that took place at this one community college. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies