Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 04:30 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,998,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You are being breathtakingly obtuse. This is exactly what doesn't happen. People do not "obviously" go out and do anything. That is what Republicans are counting on, otherwise their attempt at voter suppression would be unsuccessful.

It is now clear that you don't even know what a Voter ID law is. Certainly, you have never actually seen, read or understood any of them.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. Voter ID laws depend on already existing IDs, like drivers licenses. No slates are cleared.
I'm talking about proposed voter ID laws which people like you oppose, not existing laws which don't work. I'm talking about the laws which would actually prevent voter fraud, the stuff you clearly support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 04:33 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,822,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm talking about proposed voter ID laws which people like you oppose, not existing laws which don't work. I'm talking about the laws which would actually prevent voter fraud, the stuff you clearly support.
You are arguing with someone who uses Big sounding words but fails in his attempts to understand voting laws!

(Big words sound authoritative)<--(Did I use one here?)

Old 03-13-2014, 04:34 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,044,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Sad.

Here .. allow Jesse Jackson explain it to you?

JESSE JACKSON: Put the Right to Vote Into the Constitution

JESSE JACKSON: Put the Right to Vote Into the Constitution | Washington Informer | African American newspaper, Washington D.C.

Kapeesh
It's spelled, "capisce."

And yes, capisco. Ma tu? No.

Ignoring that I do not give a hoot in hell what Jesse Jackson says about anything, the Constitution itself calls it a right. It is funny to watch you whistle past that particular graveyard.

Your confusion seems to come from the goofy belief that there are any rights at all that are completely unqualified. In point of fact, there are none. Every right we have is limited. every single one. Even our right to life.

Capital punishment anyone?

Capisce?

Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It's spelled, "capisce."

And yes, capisco. Ma tu? No.

Ignoring that I do not give a hoot in hell what Jesse Jackson says about anything, the Constitution itself calls it a right. It is funny to watch you whistle past that particular graveyard.

Your confusion seems to come from the goofy belief that there are any rights at all that are completely unqualified. In point for fact, there are none. Every right we have is limited. every single one.

Capisce?
You want to show us all where the Constitution backs up your fantasy?

Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm talking about proposed voter ID laws which people like you oppose, not existing laws which don't work.
You are inventing nonsensical gibberish that have nothing to do with actual Voter ID laws.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
You are arguing with someone who uses Big sounding words but fails in his attempts to understand voting laws!
Sorry, MrClose. I'll try to use smaller words from here on out. Just for you.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:40 PM

U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Madison, proposed to amend the Constitution to ...

Guarantee the right to vote.

Quote:
The right to vote "is so fundamental that most Americans, understandably, assume it is already enshrined in the Constitution" -- but "most Americans would be wrong."

"While the right to vote is inherent throughout our founding document, and there are amendments prohibiting discrimination, nothing in the Constitution explicitly guarantees our right to vote. We, as Americans, possess no affirmative right to vote."
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...te-wisconsin-/

Old 03-13-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
You want to show us all where the Constitution backs up your fantasy?
Again?

Okay.

Quote:
The 15th Amendment:

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
Quote:
The 19th Amendment:

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
Quote:
The 26th Amendment:

The right of citizens of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older, to vote, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state on account of age.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
U.S. Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Madison, proposed to amend the Constitution to ...

Guarantee the right to vote.
Yawn.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:53 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,998,573 times
Quote:

(Big words sound authoritative)<--(Did I use one here?)
I'm aware of this but it's fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies