Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 09:17 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Oh your daughter just brings in her lovers into your home with your stamp of approval. Do you leave a box of condoms out so the young men can be prepared too?
That's a good idea, now that you mention it. Thanks!

Old 03-14-2014, 09:19 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The situation wouldn't arise, since my daughter would not have to sneak around.
I didn't imply any sneaking in that scenario. Let's say she just chose to have a stranger (again, to you) visit at 2:20am to screw her brains out. Ok by you? Would you further be ok if he stayed for breakfast the following morning?

Old 03-14-2014, 09:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
This argument will hold no legal water. If this were true then I must have committed breaking and entering hundreds of times as a kid, as I went over might friends houses all the time without explicit written consent of their parents. I'm just glad one of their parents never came home and shot me in the head at the very moment they spotted me.
Obviously your friend's parents' were a little smarter and not gun-waving morons such as the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I see the anti gun nuts are out in force here.

1) Daughter lied about not knowing intruder (similar to cases where daughter has sex with man, is found out and later claims rape) - I personally think she should be charged with something here

2) Father @ 2am witnesses stranger in daughters bed who does or does not move - In Texas the self defense laws are much more lenient and I am pretty sure the grand jury will not indict

3) Personal civil liability - if any exists here it lies squarely on the daughter
Well, this is Texas. IF the man does not face criminal charges, which I believe he will, he will certainly have his pants sued off. Since the daughter is still a minor and residing with him, he can be held civilly liable for her actions. Hope he don't have a lot of personal assets. They be gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So you're ok with some stranger (to you) showing up at your house at 2:20am to bone your 16 year old daughter? And if in the course of events, say you wander down to the bathroom and see what's going on, you encounter them and she says she really doesn't even know him. You're ok with that? What, as long as he's wearing a condom?

Breakfast conversation at your house must be absolutely surreal.
What will breakfast conversation be like at your house? The floor just littered with dead boyfriends? Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
There is a thin line between radical Muslims and radical Christians. They share a lot of social views.
Specially in Texas.

Quote:
Prime example of how the little games girls like to play can lead to disastrous consequences for boys. Father will not face any charges.
I think the girl was horribly wrong and her words played a role in this death. I think he will face charges, though he might beat them.

Quote:
Oh your daughter just brings in her lovers into your home with your stamp of approval. Do you leave a box of condoms out so the young men can be prepared too?
You know, in reality, there is a LOT of room between killing a young man and offering him a condom to bonk your daughter. Must human's would choose the middle ground. It's this completely black and white thinking that leads Conservatives to the hyperbolic conclusion every time. AND leads them to reach for a gun in every situation.

Texting in a theatre anyone?

Old 03-14-2014, 09:20 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
This is the appropriate way to handle some kid sneaking in to bang your daughter, but in right wing world this is too limp wristed and touchy feely

The Sopranos - Tony's pimp hand is strong - Part 3 - YouTube
Instead of beating the young man. How about beating your ***** of a daughter for sneaking boys in her room.

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
I didn't imply any sneaking in that scenario. Let's say she just chose to have a stranger (again, to you) visit at 2:20am to screw her brains out. Ok by you? Would you further be ok if he stayed for breakfast the following morning?
I think a good belting would suffice, but no, you righties gotta kill everyone who pisses you off.

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Well, knowing little brothers, one possible scenario is that the little brother knew his big sister was boning some guy and being a little brother decided to get her in trouble and so he "innocently" went to wish her a goodnight and oh no what a surprise there's a person here DAD! THERE'S A PERSON HERE
Very likely.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:21 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
This is just sickening. People just have no logic these days. People getting shot over loud music, knocking on doors, simply going outside to empty the trash or walking to the store for skittles and juice. smh
Or even something as innocent as sneaking into a 16 y.o. girl's room for some friendly sex while Dad's sleeping nearby. What is our world coming to?

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
To me this is a less of a gun issue and more of an issue of stupidity. Besides the fact that the boy was probably reaching for his pants (if anything), putting all the spin on the story aside, is there really an adult in this thread who would walk in on their kid in bed with someone and instantly believe them when they said 'I don't know him/her?'

Come on now. Saying he was a stranger and he could have been raping her sounds more like a way to bolster defense of Dad than the truth. Seriously? You'd honestly believe it? And if some of you really would believe it I feel for humanity, I really do. And no, I don't think you should own a gun anymore than this man should.

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
If the daughter had told her father that she knew the boy, there may have been a different outcome.

The daughter inadvertently escalated the whole situation.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:23 AM

679 posts, read 614,565 times
Quote:
Or even something as innocent as sneaking into a 16 y.o. girl's room for some friendly sex while Dad's sleeping nearby. What is our world coming to?
There is a long, long, loooooooong history of boys sneaking into girl's bedrooms for some friendly sex while Dad's sleeping nearby. That history though seems to have the Dad chasing the boy off, not killing him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies