Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 09:27 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,118,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
No, she saved her own skin.

She obviously feared her father so much that she was willing to throw her boyfriend under the bus.
The father is probably abusive. The fact that he shot this young man says a lot.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,646,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
To me this is a less of a gun issue and more of an issue of stupidity. Besides the fact that the boy was probably reaching for his pants (if anything), putting all the spin on the story aside, is there really an adult in this thread who would walk in on their kid in bed with someone and instantly believe them when they said 'I don't know him/her?'

Come on now. Saying he was a stranger and he could have been raping her sounds more like a way to bolster defense of Dad than the truth. Seriously? You'd honestly believe it? And if some of you really would believe it I feel for humanity, I really do. And no, I don't think you should own a gun anymore than this man should.
It does strain credulity.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:29 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,453,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I didn't imply any sneaking in that scenario. Let's say she just chose to have a stranger (again, to you) visit at 2:20am to screw her brains out. Ok by you? Would you further be ok if he stayed for breakfast the following morning?
I would not like that, as I would prefer to know who is coming and going in my home; but that would perhaps result in dd being grounded, not her guest being shot dead.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:31 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,375,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
My daughter is not going to be allowed to bring boys home, if she does I'll probably whoop his ass and hers, but I'm not going to resort to killing someone, that's too extreme.
I do agree somewhat with you, I'd rather he not have killed him because at the end of the day this is just teenage stuff. Ending a life is serious business. I just don't think the dad should be charged based on what we know now.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:31 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,200,283 times
I'd be curious to find out how righties react when they realize that the father/shooter was Black.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:33 AM

29,156 posts, read 14,444,481 times
Quote:
Perfectly justifiable, particularly if the girl said even once she didn't know who the boy was and it was 2:20am. Good job, Dad!

Houston dad shoots, kills boy found inside daughter

I just saw how my iPad copied the story title above. LOL!
Wow, you are WAY off target on this. I agree with many of the other posters..this was not a justified shooting.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:33 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,375,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It does strain credulity.
This is where moms come in they are better seeing through the tricks daughters play than fathers. A lot of dads think their daughters are virtuous princesses when in reality they are anything but.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:34 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,118,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I do agree somewhat with you, I'd rather he not have killed him because at the end of the day this is just teenage stuff. Ending a life is serious business. I just don't think the dad should be charged based on what we know now.
You really believe that mess that the girl said she didn't know him???? Sounds like a bunch of bull to me and even if it is true, no one needed to be shot.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,449,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
To me this is a less of a gun issue and more of an issue of stupidity. Besides the fact that the boy was probably reaching for his pants (if anything), putting all the spin on the story aside, is there really an adult in this thread who would walk in on their kid in bed with someone and instantly believe them when they said 'I don't know him/her?'

Come on now. Saying he was a stranger and he could have been raping her sounds more like a way to bolster defense of Dad than the truth. Seriously? You'd honestly believe it? And if some of you really would believe it I feel for humanity, I really do. And no, I don't think you should own a gun anymore than this man should.
This is so true. I would love to see any rational gun owner come on here and condemn this man's actions. There is no need to defend every shooting (even the movie theatre texting) ~ just to prove guns are peachy.

I have far more respect for those gun owners who can say - this was wrong. This person should not own a gun if they cannot control themselves any better than that.

They ARE out there because I walk amongst them. Not a lot of them on CD however.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:35 AM

21,413 posts, read 10,499,608 times
Quote:
Having started this thread and read through most of the messages, I'll chime in here. First, I am 100% on the Dad's side and see nothing wrong in what he did. He was awakened at 2:00am and told there's a stranger in the house. He grabs his gun - a reasonable act when possibly confronting an intruder within your house at that hour. He proceeds to his daughter's room and finds an unknown person in there with her. The daughter claims not to know the intruder. The intruder is told to hold still but reaches for something, and a reasonable assumption by the father is that this stranger may be reaching for a weapon. The father shoots the intruder, which is the most effective way of stopping him. The intruder is stopped from any further agressive action.

It turns out after the shooting that the daughter knew the intruder and may have actually invited him in. This is now irrelevant as she initially claimed to not know him when her father discovered them.

The dead kid was too stupid to live, entering another man's house stealthily at that hour. The daughter was stupid for inviting him in at that hour and holds no ability to do so, being a minor acting in clear violation of house rules established by her parents, the legle owners and supreme authority of the house with a duty to protect the occupants. Darwin's rules play out. 1 dead stupid and horny kid.

As for being armed, the father took proper precautions to deal with an unknown threat. When something goes bump in the night at my house, the first thing I do is to grab my loaded gun and chamber a round. I establish the location of my wife next to me in bed, then creep stealthily down the hall to my daughter's room. Once I know where they are, I head downstairs, gun in one hand and turned-off flashlight in the other hand to see where any sounds may be coming from and see if anyone else is in my home. The flashlight is used only to disorient and illuminate anyone I encounter, but there will be a double-tap to start that conversation. I'll find out afterwards who has just been killed. Likewise, under such circumstances, when entering my daughter's room I'm going to open up on anyone I see who is not my daughter, not waiting to issue an order to hold still. And I don't call 911 before taking action. This is what a man does to protect his family.

Anyone I find in my house, without immediate evidence present that they were invited in, is subject to being shot. Last year there was an attempted break in at my home. My wife called 911 as I went downstairs in the dark, gun in hand. The dispatcher indicated that I should secure my weapon, I refused. It was said that no officers would come in with me armed. I said to recall the officers and send a coroner instead as I plan on killing anyone I find. Within moments, armed officers were swarming my house. I was asked to lower my gun but at no time did they make any move to disarm me nor ask me to surrender my weapon. Aftewards, I was congratulated on being prepared and ready to take needed action should it be needed prior to their arrival. I was told that if I shoot anyone, be sure to do it inside the house.
One would hope that a man might stop to ascertain that anyone inyour daughter's room was known to your daughter. What if you shot her best friend? What if you shot her accidentally? It's not very smart to shoot first and ask questions later. That's as stupid as that cop whl shot a kid answering his own door with a game controller in his hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies