Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 06:39 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But the daughter told the father she didn't know him.

She told the truth after the father shot him.
I don't believe anything the dad says.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Like I said, the father was woken up in the middle of the night by another child saying someone was in his daughter's room, so he went in the room with a gun. If he had gone to the bathroom and heard noises and walked in on his daughter with the boy, I'm sure the outcome would have been entirely different. If his daughter had said, "Daddy, don't shoot Jared!" the outcome would have been entirely different. Instead, she said she didn't know the guy. I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
The poster is pro gun control so any gun incident is fodder to promote stronger gun control laws regardless of the situation.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:40 PM

46,280 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
THe daughter told the dad.....

Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Only the opinion of the Grand Jury really matters at this point. You are just running with assumptions.

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
It was the police that said the daughter told the truth after.
I believe what the police say.

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
EXCEPT he was invited there by the girl's own admission.

\
Did the dad know he was invited? I don't know he did, i wasn't there were you? I'm not defending anyone I'm just not judging without knowing what really happened. The only true fact is he had no business being in someone else s house unless the parents knew he was there.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course you have ZERO to back this up, except leftist BS.....but continue to show stupidity of leftist blindness....
This incident is proof to me. My kids come to me and say my daughter has a boy in her room, who grabs a gun?

Evidently this stupid man and who then shots an unarmed teen.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
I don't care about what you think about the teen's behavior.

No, it is not a good bet that you might get beat. What world do you live in? Do teenagers have sex? Yes, Do teenagers have sex in their parents homes? Yes, Do most of those incidents even when found out end in violence? Uhm NO, it is flat out illegal.

I am a dad and I would convict because it is illegal what are gonna say you can break the law if I think you have a good reason?

Who cares what you did?

The dad was violent and probably a coward, but sadly he got to act out his issues with some unarmed teen.
Well no one cares what you think. You post what you did. Who cares? maybe you were raised to act like a dog in heat? Maybe you were just too ignorant to respect another person's home. I don't know nor do I care in the least.

2 am in another man's home without his knowledge. Daughter denies knowing you. What father in his right mind will say "Hey I did it too ?" No not every American behaves as the teen did. In fact some may claim to have done this, and some may have, but not most or all.

You were the one who claimed you did this and that. I simply responded although more politely.
The kid was an idiot and complete fool. The kid was in another man's house at 2 am......
I know where I live the odds are a good beating unless you out run the homeowner. In my house? You don't need to out run me, it's the dog you better worry about.
Yes teens have sex. Most have the sense to be some what discrete. Most have the sense to avoid the activity when the girl's dad is in the house. Most have the sense not to sneak into peoples homes at 2 am.
The girl may have invited him, but the dad didn't.
Darwin wins. 1 less idiot spreading the idiot genes. If the Dad is convicted one less trigger happy idiot on the streets and society wins.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It was the police that said the daughter told the truth after.
I believe what the police say.
I don't believe anything the daughter tells the police about the incident not with a father like hers who so quickly pulls out guns.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:43 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I added the other points from the story.

It's 2:00 AM and dad has a gun and his 17 year old daughter lies, and in doing so set him up.
Dad does not sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer but then again, it's 2:00AM and none of us were there.
It said this:

Quote:
The father, who was not identified, was notified by one of his children that there was someone in his 16-year-old daughter's room, the report said. He reportedly found his daughter in bed with the teen.

The confrontation occurred around 2:20 a.m. The father had a gun and asked the teen to identify himself, police said, according to the report. His daughter reportedly told her father that she did not know the teen and that the two were not in bed.
So which was it? Were they, or were they not, in bed? She told her father that she did not know him, and that they were not in bed.

You don't know what he meant by "in bed", especially when she says they were not...TO HER DAD. Think about that for a minute.

All we know is that the other kids told the dad that there was someone in the daughter's room, and she denied knowing who it was. As far as the dad knows, that is an intruder. He has the right to protect his family and home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies