Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 05:48 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Dad claims the boy moved when he told him not to move and then the dad reacted to the situation.
I'd find it more remarkable if the shooter hadn't said "He reached for something".

Old 03-15-2014, 06:18 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Only boys who were not getting any action during their late teen years were kids who were either extremely awkward, very underweight or very overweight, basically the same dorks you see at comic book/video game fests.

Sneaking in for some action is not that unusual, kinda common actually, but don't tell that to the people who were left out.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:44 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Only boys who were not getting any action during their late teen years were kids who were either extremely awkward, very underweight or very overweight, basically the same dorks you see at comic book/video game fests.

Sneaking in for some action is not that unusual, kinda common actually, but don't tell that to the people who were left out.
True, but you did have to use common sense. I started sneaking out to see my girlfriend when I was 14. She usually came over to my house or we would go hang out somewhere. She would ask me to come to her place, but I never did unless her parents were out of town. While I wasn't worried that her dad would shoot me if I was caught there, I don't doubt that he would have beat the living crap out of me if he did.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
When teenagers open their mouths they are lying.......just like congress. Why can't you get that? Unelss you don't have kids I guess you never will. Scream on.............
when you've been told theres an intruder in your daughters bedroom in the middle of the night you're not going to stop and put your hands on your hips and say "now Lucy, you're just a horny teenager who's lying aren't you?:...

Why don't you get that? Carry on with your delusions.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No all men are pigs.......boys too. No gentlemen.........if they find one then praise God...

I have a girl and she despises me right now..........but I know what boys are looking for. These folks that let their kids sleep together........what is going on. Just insanity I guess.
I guess we agree on something. It's the new thing to treat children like they are mature adults. These parents are "enlightened" don't ya know? Liberalism at it's finest.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But his daughter knew or otherwise she would have screamed when he came through the window, that is the first thing that should have gave him a clue that she was lying in the first place.

How would you know how someone might react? Is there some rule written down somewhere that says someone will absolutely scream if an intruder breaks in? Maybe the girl was sleeping and the boy snuck in and put a knife to her neck and told her not to make a sound. Nobody knows and the father only had mere seconds to figure it out. The daughter lied, the boy supposedly reached, and that is why he is now pushing daisy's.

Quote:
Do you see how "big" the kid was? he could have easily beat him down with very little effort
How many times does it need to be explained to you.... the father didn't know if the kid had a gun or not in the five or ten seconds he had to evaluate the situation. A 100 pound man with a gun can take the biggest and strongest men down. If the father would have known he had no weapons, he may well have just beat him instead of shooting him.
Quote:

, unless he was a coward behind a gun and wanted to make sure that he did go to jail. That was the most available "excuse" for him shooting that kid.
Just admit it, you believe this man is guilty for no other reason than he had a gun. Your bias agaionst guns has clouded your judgement. End of story.

....this is why I pray I never have tio defend my home with a gun. Too many anti-gun nut balls out there that might wind up on my jury.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
He was invited in by the daughter, who is a resident of the house. The dad didn't tell him "no" when he came in, so he had no reasonable idea that he'd get shot for being there. The castle doctrine doesn't count when you were invited in.
Oh yeah right. Let's not pretend he thought he was an invited guest. He knew to expect trouble if he was caught,, otherwise he wouldn't have snuck in through the window, he'd have walked through the front door.

Dream on.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think the girl AND the dad should get charged with murder. The boy's death didn't need to happen.
I guess you need to go and look up the definition of murder then, because you obviously have no idea what it is.

I would agree the daughter should be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The boy is guilty of poor judgment. He didn't deserve to be killed for it.

I agree, he didn't deserve to die, but the father is not guilty either. He was justified in percieving this boy as a legit threat given the information he had, in the little bit of time he had to get it....

The entire lot is guilty of poor judgement. However, the only one imo who is criminaly responsible, is the daughter.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
True, but you did have to use common sense. I started sneaking out to see my girlfriend when I was 14. She usually came over to my house or we would go hang out somewhere. She would ask me to come to her place, but I never did unless her parents were out of town. While I wasn't worried that her dad would shoot me if I was caught there, I don't doubt that he would have beat the living crap out of me if he did.
Exactly. You understood that some things are likely to end bad if caught and getting caught is always a possibility. Like you most young boys have a healthy fear of the girl's dad's wrath. I know that I did.
I don't know anyone who would assume that the dad would be even a little cool about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies