Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 08:42 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,419,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No absolutely not. Have you flown lately--alcohol is the only thing that makes flying tolerable and keeps people from killing each other.
That is true, especially if you are doing an intercontinental flight, there is only so many made for TV movies that one can stand to watch while sober.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
never drink on planes might have to swim
Absent some sort of miracle like flight 1549 you are probably going to want to be drunk if water is involved.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
That is true, especially if you are doing an intercontinental flight, there is only so many made for TV movies that one can stand to watch while sober.
smoke some sativa before flying, you'll sleep the whole way through and not bother anyone even the obnoxious drunk next to you

Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times
I thought it might be a story about Mitt Romney wanting to visit his money.

Turns out it was less funny.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
smoke some sativa before flying, you'll sleep the whole way through and not bother anyone even the obnoxious drunk next to you
Sounds like a plan, except if I am flying into Singapore. They would probably imprison me if I even seemed like I had used in the last month.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 PM

392 posts, read 352,167 times
Years back I was on a plane that lost an engine. We landed and they put us on another craft. They let it be known that we could drink till our hearts content...Well I drank and drank...then asked for more. They said NO.....not because I was drunk....but because I had depleted their supply of alcohol. It was amusing. I just don't understand people who go nuts when they drink. People fail to realize these days that a great percentage of people these days are also on pharma product...In most of these cases you hear about...You will find there is a combination of pills and booze that cause the problem.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:51 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
The charged when I was in coach lol, even so again there is a disincentive to **** off people flying first class since they tend to be wealthy and or more frequent travelers. Also I don't know that serving alcohol to a 18-19 year old is necessarily illegal especially if you leave US airspace. Lots of places say 18 is acceptable and again there is a desire not to upset the paying adult figure. I feel like this is the way it is with a lot of international/touristy activities, I recall when I went to Mexico at 14 I could get booze anytime I wanted it was obvious I was young but it was more trouble to deny me.
This flight was domestic and a US airline. Clearly not allowed if the girl was under 21.

Both American and Delta serve free beer and wine in coach now on flights to Europe, Asia, etc. The charges on domestic flights in coach are ridiculous for the quality you're getting. I still buy a drink though sometimes.

I am a bit of a nervous flyer and, ironically, a frequent flyer (frequency hasn't helped...lol). A drink helps. I think people may actually drink more on planes for this reason and there's also a not insignificant percentage of people mixing alcohol with anti-anxiety medications like Xanax.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This flight was domestic and a US airline. Clearly not allowed if the girl was under 21.

Both American and Delta serve free beer and wine in coach now on flights to Europe, Asia, etc. The charges on domestic flights in coach are ridiculous for the quality you're getting. I still buy a drink though sometimes.

I am a bit of a nervous flyer and, ironically, a frequent flyer (frequency hasn't helped...lol). A drink helps. I think people may actually drink more on planes for this reason and there's also a not insignificant percentage of people mixing alcohol with anti-anxiety medications like Xanax.
I never fly American or Delta so that is probably why. Though I agree about drinking on plane I am not so much a nervous flyer, but I dislike sitting in a cramped place for hours with hardly anything to do and tend to like things that make the experience go more quickly.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:57 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Sounds like a plan, except if I am flying into Singapore. They would probably imprison me if I even seemed like I had used in the last month.

I hear they beat drunks in Singapore with a big whipp if caught driving!!! serious: saw a vid of them lashing a drunk driver blood flowing from his back side..

Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I hear they beat drunks in Singapore with a big whipp if caught driving!!! serious: saw a vid of them lashing a drunk driver blood flowing from his back side..
A Rattan cane, and they beat lots of people for lots of things. Though for anything besides a small amount of pot they can execute you. On the bright side you can walk the streets at 3:00 AM and no one will bother you.

Last edited by Egbert; 03-13-2014 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Rattan not bamboo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies