Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 08:54 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,680,070 times

Advertisements

is it time to ban alcohol on planes???

if this passenger had been on weed their would be a thread about it with over 1000 comments by now

not a peep when it's a drunk!!!

Drunk Groom Forces Emergency Plane Landing By Fighting With Bride - Business Insider

Drunk female passengers force British Airways flight down - Worldnews.com

Unruly Passenger Forces Plane To Land: American Airlines Flight Bound For London Diverted To Canada - eWallstreeter

SXSW accident: Drunk driver rams crowd at SXSW festival, kills two, injures 23 - Long Island Top News | Examiner.com
recent news^^^^^ drunk driver kills two injures 28!!! not a peep!!! now just imagine if he had be on pot?? all the prohibitionist types would be all over it like fleas on a mangy dog!!!

Last edited by cruxan; 03-13-2014 at 09:35 PM..

Old 03-13-2014, 09:03 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,412,243 times
If the passenger was on weed they would probably be raiding the snack cart rather then bothering the pilot.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
If the passenger was on weed they would probably be raiding the snack cart rather then bothering the pilot.
you think??

hay I guess a barber shop owner that boots people for smelling like pot is bigger news than a drunk forcing a plane to land prematurely, or a drunk mowing down people like bowling pins

Old 03-13-2014, 09:29 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,390,481 times
They are not supposed to be allowing drunk people to board planes nor are flight attendants supposed to continue serving to drunks. No, alcohol shouldn't be banned on planes. But gate agents and flight attendants should have some training in identifying the intoxicated.

In my experience, they are often far too generous with the alcohol.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
They are not supposed to be allowing drunk people to board planes nor are flight attendants supposed to continue serving to drunks. No, alcohol shouldn't be banned on planes. But gate agents and flight attendants should have some training in identifying the intoxicated.

In my experience, they are often far too generous with the alcohol.
Considering the mark up on alcohol on planes and the amount of profits that must generate for airlines, I suspect there are incentives at work to not address the issue.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:36 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,390,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Considering the mark up on alcohol on planes and the amount of profits that must generate for airlines, I suspect there are incentives at work to not address the issue.
Yes, but it's free in a lot of cases, like in first class or even in coach on some airlines in other countries and most US airlines on intercontinental flights.

I was on a flight in first class a few months ago where a likely underage girl was served repeated drinks for hours. She was traveling with a man who I assumed to be her father who said something like "go ahead, it's ok." She looked 18 or 19 to me and wasn't asked for ID and was served champagne before takeoff, multiple glasses of red wine with her meal, and Bailey's with her dessert. She spent the rest of the flight with her head face down on her tray table.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,148,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
is it time to ban alcohol on planes???
No absolutely not. Have you flown lately--alcohol is the only thing that makes flying tolerable and keeps people from killing each other.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Yes, but it's free in a lot of cases, like in first class or even in coach on some airlines in other countries and most US airlines on intercontinental flights.

I was on a flight in first class a few months ago where a likely underage girl was served repeated drinks for hours. She was traveling with a man who I assumed to be her father who said something like "go ahead, it's ok." She looked 18 or 19 to me and wasn't asked for ID and was served champagne before takeoff, multiple glasses of red wine with her meal, and Bailey's with her dessert. She spent the rest of the flight with her head face down on her tray table.

I guess its all right for drunk passengers to endanger people on planes and not make the news, but pot heads stinking up the barber shops is top gun

Old 03-13-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:

The charged when I was in coach lol, even so again there is a disincentive to **** off people flying first class since they tend to be wealthy and or more frequent travelers. Also I don't know that serving alcohol to a 18-19 year old is necessarily illegal especially if you leave US airspace. Lots of places say 18 is acceptable and again there is a desire not to upset the paying adult figure. I feel like this is the way it is with a lot of international/touristy activities, I recall when I went to Mexico at 14 I could get booze anytime I wanted it was obvious I was young but it was more trouble to deny me.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No absolutely not. Have you flown lately--alcohol is the only thing that makes flying tolerable and keeps people from killing each other.
never drink on planes might have to swim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies