Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:58 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,028,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Does she live in a bubble? Has she not seen any poll on the ACA?
You're talking about a woman who said "unemployment is the best job creator we have"

She has a brick missing from the chimney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 10:00 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,028,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I happen to agree with you here. Since ACA hasnt affected most of the public yet, (i.e. the employer mandate has continued to be delayed), I think overplaying the damage it'll cause pre damage, wont be understood until after it kicks in fully and people will get tired of hearing about it and tune it out.
I give more credit to the average Joe on either side. I think intelligent people have the ability to forward look and see the train wreck is coming.

Now if we are talking about ideologues, no, there's no hope.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:01 AM

7,442 posts, read 6,972,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Although I despise Ms. Pelosi, I think the GOP should NOT overestimate the usefulness of using ACA as a campaign issue. Just because polls show that most Americans don't like the ACA today doesn't mean that will drive their vote this fall. Obama isn't running again. So each candidate has to decide if the ACA is a useful campaign issue against his/her opponent.
With all due respect, I don't think the GOP COULD overestimate the usefulness of using the ACA as a campaign issue. Jolly beating Sink is Exhibit A.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 AM

7,442 posts, read 6,972,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Personally, I hope you guys keep it up because it belly flopped in the most recent special election. Now Republicans still won in a heavily Republican district but only barely so, no, it isn't a very strong issue for you guys.
Sink outspent Jolly and was leading in the polls just prior to the election.

Please tell me you are a DNC campaign strategist.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Status: "On the road with Kid Charlamagne" (set 2 days ago)

8,018 posts, read 5,790,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then why all the delays? Do Democrats hate americans and want to delay the wonderful benefits which exist for them?
THIS^ is the kind of ad I would be running.

Simply put, WHY have there been so many delays in this wonderful piece of legislation?

All you need to do is to plant the seeds of doubt. I think enough voters can connect the dots from there. Of course, the Republicans would be wise to come up with "the fix" for the abortion named after the most corrupt/inept president in US history.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 AM

4,558 posts, read 3,377,220 times
Pelosi is correct in one respect: It is fine and dandy to be against the ACA, but it is not the end all of the campaign, you have to BE for something. And with a written GOP platform that is in opposition of it's biggest party contributors, it is very hard to campaign seriously on those planks.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:30 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,333,914 times
Quote:
Personally, I hope you guys keep it up because it belly flopped in the most recent special election. Now Republicans still won in a heavily Republican district but only barely so, no, it isn't a very strong issue for you guys.
Would that be the special election where the democrap LOST and yet they're still trying to spin it as a GOP weakness? Orwell has nothing on 2014 liberal doublespeak.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:44 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,408,397 times
Quote:
A "heavily Republican" district that Obama won twice and where the Democrat was leading in the polls by a solid margin.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:46 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,408,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Although I despise Ms. Pelosi, I think the GOP should NOT overestimate the usefulness of using ACA as a campaign issue. Just because polls show that most Americans don't like the ACA today doesn't mean that will drive their vote this fall. Obama isn't running again. So each candidate has to decide if the ACA is a useful campaign issue against his/her opponent.
Midterm elections are often about the president even with the president not being on the ballot.

Remember also that Democrats in Congress voted for the ACA. It's not just Obama's baby, but the Democrats' baby.

I do agree that the GOP needs to be careful about how effective of an issue it will be in the election by itself. Opposition to Obamacare seems to be the main thing they're running on and they do need more.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:54 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,765,253 times
I'll say this about Ms. Pelosi because some words are now banned, she is straight up cray-cray. She moved for the bill to go forward without having the public decide it was good policy, then she has complained about anytime republicans in the house after 2011 have tried to vote the law out (wasted efforts if you as me but let's remember it got passed without a public conservation on how public healthcare should work) and now is saying it shouldn't be used for a talking point.

I agree it shouldn't but iff your district is hurting from the law, it is an issue for the elections and will be until it is replaced by something else that both sides can agree on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies