Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 10:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,068,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
My son is out of college and looking for work. Thus, he doesn't have HC on his own.

Insurance companies that provide employer health coverage aren't bothered with keeping offspring on the plan. So why do you?

Your post is a prime example of how conservatives have devolved morally. If you are temporarily unemployed, you are a leach, not worthy of coverage.
I asked you how its being paid for if not by raising premiums on others. because YOU are the one who runs around telling others their lying when they said their premiums went up..

I didnt ask you to tell me how the economy is in the ****hole, and your son cant find a job. We're well aware of the current state of the economy. YOU are the one who continues to argue how wonderful it is...

Last edited by pghquest; 03-16-2014 at 11:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 11:12 AM

279 posts, read 183,124 times
When your car insurance pays for fixing your car do you go around thanking all other insured drivers for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I asked you how its being paid for if not by raising premiums on others. because YOU are the one who runs around telling others their lying when they said their premiums went up..

I didnt ask you to tell me how the economy is in the ****hole, and your son cant find a job. We're well aware of the current state of the economy. YOU are the one who continues to argue how wonderful it is...

Old 03-16-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
LIE, and the fact that you continue to repeat that lie is utterly astouding that anyone can be that ignorant.

Healthcare Law Will Not Reduce The Deficit - Forbes

Old 03-16-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
When your car insurance pays for fixing your car do you go around thanking all other insured drivers for that?
I have no idea what point you are tying to make, especially considering my car insurance, wont fix my car if I'm in an accident..

But even if they did, wouldnt this cause premiums to rise? yes, yes it would, but MTA runs around telling others that their premiums didnt rise...

By your own example, you're calling him a liar because premiums of course would increase.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:17 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,139,311 times
Fox news, Koch brothers, tea party, etc etc.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The poster is insured by his employer's large group healthcare plan. Pre ACA eligibility of adult children was determined at the state level. Eligibility at the state level ranged from 19 to 31. That a federal law created a baseline age leveled the playing field.

Some employers choose to subsidies the cost of insuring qualified adult children of their employees. Most do not. Employees pay their employers large group healthcare rates. I am sorry you don't approve.
So you're admitting i'm correct, that the cost gets paid by others, which would cause premiums to rise, while arguing with me.

its beyond stupid...

Old 03-16-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Isn't the president's popularity rating higher than that of congress, across party lines. Seems to me the people are tired of the toddlers in the sandbox throwing sand at each other while crying " you are a stinky poo" 24/7.
um, yeah.. it usually is.. Individual ratings are more than often higher than group ratings no matter whats being discussed..

Old 03-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 14 days ago)

29,535 posts, read 16,518,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
LIE, and the fact that you continue to repeat that lie is utterly astouding that anyone can be that ignorant.

Healthcare Law Will Not Reduce The Deficit - Forbes
Your article is from Forbes and Forbes is using an opinion piece as the basis for it reasoning, before you say someone is lying, read your own source material

Old 03-16-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
If you have employer-based healthcare you should be thanking the rest of us for YOUR subsidized healthcare all these years.
Arent you tired of being embarrased by posting this same crap over and over again?

once again, an employer expense is NOT a subsidy. how old are you?
Quote:
What was and remains missing is a comparison of costs on a level playing field, in terms of benefits, 50 unique state laws and markets within states.

My state has 13 unique individual plan markets and costs are not constant amongst markets. Those who live in highly competitive healthcare markets pay less than those in less competitive markets.

Back when, during the Hillarycare debates, the plan was for regional, cross state markets. Republicans went nuts and insisted that their state appointed insurance commissions and laws be protected. To avoid a repeat, ACA did not attempt to cross the protected state rights issue.

There is no federal law that precludes insurance from being sold across state lines. That's a state issue, as determined by politically appointed insurance commissions. If insurance is sold across a state line, benefits are governed by the insurer's state, regardless of the laws within the insured's state.

The irony that some Republicans and conservative think tanks now recommend the federal government allow insurers to write plans across states seems to ignore there is no federal law that prevents this and that no 2 states have the same laws, let alone very different individual plan markets.

Imagine how much cheaper insurance could be if it were unnecessary for the people to pay the incremental costs of sustaining 50 different appointed insurance commissions and laws/ regulations and compliance.
So you're admitting Obama lied when he said premiums would fall $2500 per family?

Old 03-16-2014, 11:24 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
In the long run with the proper information I think that it will. You have to admit even if it is not to everyone's liking it is a start. My probelm with certain factions is that instead of fixing what is wrong they want to dismantle it altogether just for personal and political gains and the hell with the people who really need healthcare
How long is it going to take to get that information out? Jeez, I would have started with that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies