Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 01:39 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times

Advertisements

Transsexual pallbearers in the middle of a gay pride parade as his funeral procession! Finally, a good purpose for such a gathering. Featured speakers delivering eulogies will be the Village People and Richard Simmons. Can this be held before he's actually dead? Prop his ass up in the coffin and let him enjoy the festivities taking place in his name!

Old 03-16-2014, 01:57 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I wonder if someone will carry on the family tradition.

There are families who take an idea to the extreme and indoctrinate their offspring into it, those who have no choice. Usually thinking they are the ONLY ones who have it right. I'm always hopeful that these cycles can be broken with the death of the one who starts it all but I don't know..
His children and grandchildren have carrying on his "holy" work for some time now. Because it's so lucrative.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:03 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
His children and grandchildren have carrying on his "holy" work for some time now. Because it's so lucrative.
Since the source of the family's money came from suing those who acted aggressively toward the Phelpses during their appearances, I wonder how many of their lawsuits have been successful since the 'angel walls' have come to be the way of blocking them. All those people who stand shoulder to shoulder as a shield for the sorrowing families don't give Shirley Phelps, his layer daughter, any grounds for lawsuits.

It's possible Shirley may be making some money as a lawyer, but who would hire her? It can't be very much. I'll bet there is a good possibility that ol' Fred's kids are going broke and may have to disband eventually.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:19 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
His family needs to insure a strong A/C unit is buried with him.
Wouldn't do much good.

Remember the one guy who asked Abraham to send Lazurus with some water to cool his tongue because he was tormented in the flame?

Even if Abraham had granted(or could grant) the request, it would have only been temporarily relief from the fire of Hades.

Even an industrial size air conditioner wouldn't do much good.

Anyways, it is highly presumptuous and rather offensive to be discussing the man's afterlife destination.

None of us knows - that is between Phelps and God.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:23 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
I would prefer that his passing receive no notice. Why justify his existence to any remaining followers by an out pouring of rage and indignation. Why empower them?

Old 03-16-2014, 03:31 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Wouldn't do much good.

Remember the one guy who asked Abraham to send Lazurus with some water to cool his tongue because he was tormented in the flame?

Even if Abraham had granted(or could grant) the request, it would have only been temporarily relief from the fire of Hades.

Even an industrial size air conditioner wouldn't do much good.

Anyways, it is highly presumptuous and rather offensive to be discussing the man's afterlife destination.

Abraham was born about 2000 years before Lazarus. How did that happen?

Old 03-16-2014, 03:37 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Quote:
The Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus
…23"In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. 24"And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.' 25"But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony.…

Old 03-16-2014, 03:37 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

A consideration Phelps never afforded to anyone else.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:40 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
LGBT people should give his funeral the dignity and respect that he so vehemently denied them just to show his followers who the real righteous ones are. It would be a fitting way to discount his entire life and he would only be remembered for his funeral; a few hours of a given day.
They should but will they take the high road and do that? I doubt it. You know the liberals at CD won't, and so far aren't.

"Do as I say, not as I do" that's their motto.

If he died and no one reported on it who would notice he was even gone? Very few people, but some will jump up and down with glee about it and make sure he continues his 15 minutes of fame even at deaths door.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Abraham was born about 2000 years before Lazarus. How did that happen?
msina gave the passage from scripture in post #18.

Abraham was separated from the man by a chasm.

- "And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross from over there to us".

- Luke 16:26
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies