Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 10:56 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
And ChrisFromChicago is a prime example of what you never hear about them. We've got powerful people in this country who would love nothing more than an unarmed, vulnerable populous and unfortunately we have tons and tons of ignorant people who help them by spreading lies and pushing fear in the hopes that this agenda will be successful.
Can you name just a few of these bogeymen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 11:01 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Sure , Dianne Feinstein . Most Blue liberal states

Old 03-17-2014, 11:03 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Well crap...that was easy....

Quote:
If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . ‘Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in,’ I would have done it.”

Gun Control Misses Mark: Sen. Feinstein Shoots-off Mouth, Hits Foot - Forbes

You don't think what she says gets around? That was just her tought and never expressed it to anyone else...and that is ONLY her thought? LOL...

Old 03-17-2014, 11:11 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,531 times
Quote:
And ChrisFromChicago is a prime example of what you never hear about them. We've got powerful people in this country who would love nothing more than an unarmed, vulnerable populous and unfortunately we have tons and tons of ignorant people who help them by spreading lies and pushing fear in the hopes that this agenda will be successful.
lies and spreading fear

the work of scientists and data.

it shouldn't take a little bit of logic to understand the fact that your chance of being killed by homicide in the US is 4.7 in 100k and 90% of that are criminals shooting criminals

its no conspiracy. God you only have to look at trial runs of gun control like places in Australia. . .its just facts. Your arguing the sky is green, when we all can look up at it being blue

and no, its not blue because of some broad conspiracy against you

its just BLUE

Guns in the Home and Risk of a Violent Death in the Home: Findings from a National Study

Guns in home increase suicide, homicide risk – The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

and by the way. If the US govt decided to turn against you and become a Nazi era level dictatorship, your holding onto a few guns wouldn't sway anyone from anything. Most people would take the patriotic banner and sell you out as traitors. Those who fight would be dealt with. Your not holding onto guns to protect from some boogeyman. . . .thats just stupid. (God Afghans have lots of guns, and it never stopped them from being invaded)

Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well crap...that was easy....

Gun Control Misses Mark: Sen. Feinstein Shoots-off Mouth, Hits Foot - Forbes

You don't think what she says gets around? That was just her tought and never expressed it to anyone else...and that is ONLY her thought? LOL...
1 boogeyman isn't a few

plus his removal of guns isn't for some nefarious plan to take over your house by UN troops directed by stickers on stop signs and black helicopters

he just doesn't want people to get shot

Old 03-17-2014, 11:25 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
1 boogeyman isn't a few

plus his removal of guns isn't for some nefarious plan to take over your house by UN troops directed by stickers on stop signs and black helicopters

That's the problem, some people should be shot. The underlying problem here is that people like you don't think anyone should ever be shot for any reason and I greatly disagree for good reason. There are plenty people in this country who do things that warrant a gun shot wound, I don't live in some fairy tale world where we all just call the police and everything is ok.

If someone kicks in my front door they will get shot, they should get shot and they made a choice that ultimately lead to them getting shot. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, some people should get shot.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:28 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Your point?
My point was explicitly stated in my post. If you need help discerning it, please consult an elementary school teacher.

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:
God you only have to look at trial runs of gun control like places in Australia. . .its just facts. Your arguing the sky is green, when we all can look up at it being blue
I would rather look at gun control places like Chicago, where gun control has done nothing whatsoever to stop gun violence but it sure has prevented a lot of good people from defending themselves and their homes. The facts simply don't support your rants, neither does the Constitution.

7,846 posts, read 6,403,541 times
Quote:
That's the problem, some people should be shot. The underlying problem here is that people like you don't think anyone should ever be shot for any reason and I greatly disagree for good reason. There are plenty people in this country who do things that warrant a gun shot wound, I don't live in some fairy tale world where we all just call the police and everything is ok.

If someone kicks in my front door they will get shot, they should get shot and they made a choice that ultimately lead to them getting shot. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, some people should get shot.
What if that person at your front door was just knocking frantically, seeking help after a car accident because they have a dead phone? Do you blow their brains out?

Old 03-17-2014, 11:29 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,342 times
Quote:
1 boogeyman isn't a few

Let me ask you this , why are career criminals and gang members always back on the streets? Its a revolving door for criminals.

Also when is the last time a criminal has followed any rules ?

Last but not least, have you ever been robbed , shot at , held at gun point , or have your house broken into?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies