Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you prefer as your President, Obama or Putin?
Putin 22 15.83%
Obama 64 46.04%
Neither 53 38.13%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:33 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
I have no words for why this vote even exists...

Because this is a forum for politics and controversy and the poll is a question that is both political and controversial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 11:39 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,260,156 times
People who crave macho "leaders" were responsible for folks like Hitler and Mussolini making it into power. Putin is a former spy and a possible murderer. Obama is seriously flawed, but, come on, folks.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:51 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Do we know if Putin can throw a baseball? Because that's how I pick my President. That and which cool Hollywood celebrities tell me which one is better.

I'd also like to point out that Putin is a white guy and next time I have to vote in some other type of person like a disabled Hispanic gay woman that was born in Saudi Arabia to feel good about myself.

I'd talk about any Russian deficit but I don't know rubles from shinola.

How does Vladimirovich compare with Hussein as a middle name?

They both can sing.

Which has state run media? Okay, that's a wash...

Which one actually goes to church, wears a cross around his neck, is popular in the Jewish community, provides parents with a choice for their children to learn the basics of one of the traditional religions or secular ethics in school?

Who passed a flat income tax, reduced the corporate tax and during his eight years in office, saw industry grow substantially, as well as production, construction, real incomes, credit, and the middle class?

Which one of them can build a border fence?

Which one is married to a food dictator?

Who came to office with leadership experience? Who treats the military better?

Which one would support the XL pipeline and energy independence? Which one would decide quickly?

If we wanted to annex Mexico, who would actually do it? Okay, just kidding about that one.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:12 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Oh look a number of the rightie Putin fanboys seemed to vote. Should have made it show who voted so we can know for sure who the hypocrite traitors are.
They're same people who not so long ago were whining about Obama being without a tie in the Oval Office who now swoon over the often shirtless Putin.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:21 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,465,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
Putin stands for white christian values. Obama hangs out with rappers.
So what you`re looking for in a president is one who hates gays and pretends to love fetuses.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:05 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,260,156 times
If the US becomes centered on "White Christian values" there'll be another revolution, and the White Christians will probably lose. We have freedom of (and from) religion in the US, and the great majority wants it to stay that way. If you want a government based on a particular religion, move somewhere else. Iran? Iraq? Saudi Arabia?

Old 03-20-2014, 07:09 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
I suggest there are 17 people that should move to Russia, Vladimir will welcome them, I'm certain. You won't be missed either.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:12 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
How does the right wing on this forum condemn Obama for abusing executive privilege, then say Putin is a better choice for president?!

Wtf?!
He's white so he's right...

Old 03-20-2014, 07:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarisch View Post
If the US becomes centered on "White Christian values" there'll be another revolution, and the White Christians will probably lose. We have freedom of (and from) religion in the US, and the great majority wants it to stay that way. If you want a government based on a particular religion, move somewhere else. Iran? Iraq? Saudi Arabia?

As a person of faith I would agree with you. I have my own beliefs, and do not want a state mandated religion. Because, what if it conflicts with my beliefs?

Old 03-20-2014, 07:29 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,196 times
Thomas Jefferson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies