Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 02:51 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrels View Post
Legally speaking, can a minor give permission for a person to enter a house? I personally don't know, but my first instinct is No since the title or lease will not have the minor's name on it. If not, it seems to me that all other facts aside, it would still not be murder since Texas law allows for deadly force to be used against an intruder in a house without provocation.
Yes, a minor can give permission. Any representative of the owner or tenant can. Of course if the owner or tenant had specifically banned them that's different.

Also, you can't use deadly force against a mere trespasser anyway. You can though against someone you think has broken in and may be raping your daughter.

The only person who, IMO, has broken the law here is the girl.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:53 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,320,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Odd, with so many real thugs in the world, why do people praise the death of a kid who was guilty of having sex???
PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD: Point out where it says these teens were having sex!

Old 03-18-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
For those who keep bringing up statutory rape, could you explain why you keep bringing it up?
It's not under Texas law.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
People here keep wanting to project onto this girl that she's some type of lying monster who's responsible for this whole thing, but the reality is probably far from that. My kids come up with "I don't know" all the time in less stressful situations that hers. The adrenaline, the fear, the embarrassment that she must have felt from her Dad barging in on them is faaaaaaar more likely the culprit of not being able to think fast, than the evil intentions people are trying to project onto her. She's guilty of nothing but being a teenaged idiot, like most of us were.

It sucks that in today's world of lawsuits that the first thing people do in a tragedy is try to assign blame & figure out who to take down. It happened. Lot's of bad decisions were made leading up to the shooting. Really no one without blame. It sucks, it's a tragedy, time to move on.
The boy was an idiotic teenager too.

The girl lied out of fear alright...the fear of getting in trouble. If she saw her father's gun, she should absolutely be prosecuted. If she didn't, it's a little less black and white.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:03 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,293,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
So there is a guy roughly your daughters age, in your daughters bedroom, you didn't hear any screams and no loud noises, there are no sign of struggle and you would just assume that there is something sinister going on in there and shoot the guy with cold blood? You have a young daughter and you don't know why girls bring boys home at night?

Some people should not have guns.
So many gun owners are genuinely troubled people or have messed up thinking. It is not just gun owners who suffer from these problems, but guns take situations that really aren't dangerous and introduces danger.

Sadly, we seem to be leaning towards a shoot first then lie later kind of society.

Basically if you murder someone you get to tell a story about how afraid you were, even though the dead person didn't have a gun, and didn't attack you, and people seem to be ok with that.

The basic justification story seems to be sorry an unarmed teen is dead for no reason, but I understand and I might have pulled the trigger and killed him myself it was 2 am, and the daughter lied.

To people with warped minds those two facts justify everything. They don't need any other facts. They start telling the story themselves of how the man was justified in killing an unarmed teen.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:06 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,104 times
The entire thread bend about was he invited, was he not invited, is so silly. We all know that he shouldn't have been in that house at 2:30am. It doesn't mean he should have been killed, but everyone knows he shouldn't have been there in the first place. Even his parents knew it was dangerous.

Below is a quote from the victim's Father...

"Every day one of us would tell him, 'Don't go by no little girl's house if her parents don't know you,' " Curley said.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
So many gun owners are genuinely troubled people or have messed up thinking. It is not just gun owners who suffer from these problems, but guns take situations that really aren't dangerous and introduces danger.

Sadly, we seem to be leaning towards a shoot first then lie later kind of society.

Basically if you murder someone you get to tell a story about how afraid you were, even though the dead person didn't have a gun, and didn't attack you, and people seem to be ok with that.

The basic justification story seems to be sorry an unarmed teen is dead for no reason, but I understand and I might have pulled the trigger and killed him myself it was 2 am, and the daughter lied.

To people with warped minds those two facts justify everything. They don't need any other facts. They start telling the story themselves of how the man was justified in killing an unarmed teen.
What you say here is a blatant lie. You have absolutely no facts to back up this nonsense. People don't own guns because they're troubled people or have messed up thinking, anymore than others who want guns taken away are troubled and have messed up thinking.

The reason the kid's dead is not because there was a gun in the house, but because he was in the house. If he's not in the house, he's still alive today.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
And your reply shows you dont know anything about the case... The father did call 911 and asked the boy questions... He fired the gun when there was some sort of altercation.

Please feel free to read the story before you reply
Still waiting for that link.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Um if you kill someone that was invited into your house without a crime being committed.....Yeah shoot your wife's lover and you'll be in court defending yourself.

Did someone let him in or did he let himself in?

If you lie and someone gets killed directly because of it, whose to blame? Someone is obivously guilty even though it is a tragedy. You don't get to "accidentally" kill someone.
My point was and is, there is the law and then there is reality.
If I walk through a very bad neighborhood in Chicago wearing a T-shirt with racial slurs I own a good part of what will likely happen.
The law says I can wear those clothes regardless of how tacky they are. It says that no one has the right to harm me for my choice of clothes.
The reality is that I can pretty much expect a hard time for doing it. Bad neighborhood, maybe even expect getting shot.
This kid entered a home behind the fathers back. No one with an IQ above 50 would ever believe that would end well if they are caught.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The entire thread bend about was he invited, was he not invited, is so silly. We all know that he shouldn't have been in that house at 2:30am. It doesn't mean he should have been killed, but everyone knows he shouldn't have been there in the first place. Even his parents knew it was dangerous.

Below is a quote from the victim's Father...

"Every day one of us would tell him, 'Don't go by no little girl's house if her parents don't know you,' " Curley said.
Thank you for posting what should be obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.