Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 08:50 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Which part is not believable?

If the daughter is clearly stating she doesn't know him and the boy obviously knows she does and he starts arguing and the Dad says I'm calling the cops, and proceeds to call 911. The boy yells "don't call the cops wtf she knows me, lkjfasdjf f this I'll show you" and then proceeds to reach down to reach for his cell phone to show pictures and video that he has of the two of them together to PROVE that she knows him. The father who has been arguing to be quiet and whatever sees this as a possible move for a weapon given the language used in the heated moment and shoots the boy believing him to be reaching for a gun.

Is that the scenario that happened, I doubt it. But it is a scenario that fits the situation from the very few details given on what actually did occur.

The justified violence isn't believable.

You can believe whatever you want.

I know the kid was not armed. Did not attack the dad. Wasn't a threat to anyone wasn't doing anything at all really. And he was shot dead.

Now you ignore reality to believe the dad's reality challenged story.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 PM

Quote:

If the daughter is clearly stating she doesn't know him and the boy obviously knows she does and he starts arguing and the Dad says I'm calling the cops, and proceeds to call 911. The boy yells "don't call the cops wtf she knows me, lkjfasdjf f this I'll show you" and then proceeds to reach down to reach for his cell phone to show pictures and video that he has of the two of them together to PROVE that she knows him. The father who has been arguing to be quiet and whatever sees this as a possible move for a weapon given the language used in the heated moment and shoots the boy believing him to be reaching for a gun.

Is that the scenario that happened, I doubt it. But it is a scenario that fits the situation from the very few details given on what actually did occur.

The justified violence isn't believable.

You can believe whatever you want.

I know the kid was not armed. Did not attack the dad. Wasn't a threat to anyone and wasn't doing anything at all really. And he was shot dead.

Now you ignore reality to believe the dad's reality challenged story.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:

The justified violence is not believable.

Given an unarmed teen, didn't attack the dad, wasn't doing anything wrong.

Yet you ignore those facts to go with the dad's fact challenged story to justify shooting an unarmed teen.

This is very weird thinking

Old 03-18-2014, 09:01 PM

679 posts, read 614,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The justified violence is not believable.

Given an unarmed teen, didn't attack the dad, wasn't doing anything wrong.

Yet you ignore those facts to go with the dad's fact challenged story to justify shooting an unarmed teen.

This is very weird thinking
You also are making assumptions that the Dad knew the kid was unarmed and that he knew that the kid's actions were in no way threatening to his family.

Maybe the father did create a story to justify his shooting, maybe he didn't and there were elements that aren't entirely known yet. Making blanket assumptions like you are doing are asinine.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:47 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
You also are making assumptions that the Dad knew the kid was unarmed and that he knew that the kid's actions were in no way threatening to his family.

Maybe the father did create a story to justify his shooting, maybe he didn't and there were elements that aren't entirely known yet. Making blanket assumptions like you are doing are asinine.
Yes. Based on what we know now, there is minimally crystal clear reasonable doubt.

However, as I've said, I think the girl should be prosecuted, particularly if she saw her father with the gun.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:18 PM

279 posts, read 183,239 times
There is no law against lying, there is no legal basis to charge the girl with anything - she didn't pull the trigger, her dad did. He should have thought about all the possibilities, including that his own daughter caught bringing a boy home would lie to save her own skin.

The shooter was taken to the hospital following the shootings for an anxiety attack, I am pretty sure he has some mental health issues that might have impaired his judgement, maybe he shot the boy because he simply panicked?

Mental issues and guns should not mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yes. Based on what we know now, there is minimally crystal clear reasonable doubt.

However, as I've said, I think the girl should be prosecuted, particularly if she saw her father with the gun.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:26 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
There is no law against lying, there is no legal basis to charge the girl with anything - she didn't pull the trigger, her dad did. He should have thought about all the possibilities, including that his own daughter caught bringing a boy home would lie to save her own skin.
It is a crime under Texas law to recklessly cause the death of someone else.

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 19. CRIMINAL HOMICIDE

At least one conviction for manslaughter has been won in TX based on someone telling a lie that led to a death. I posted this link before:

Arlington mom who cried rape gets five years in slaying | Top Stories | News from Fort W...

There's also the lesser offense of criminally negligent homicide (see the first link I posted). Minimally it seems that could apply.

If you think someone had broken into your home and may be raping your daughter, it's not at all unreasonable to not spend time "thinking about all the possibilities."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
The shooter was taken to the hospital following the shootings for an anxiety attack, I am pretty sure he has some mental health issues that might have impaired his judgement, maybe he shot the boy because he simply panicked?

Mental issues and guns should not mix.
I would bet that a lot of people who kill others in self-defense or defending others have anxiety attacks. It's quite healthy for that to have an impact on someone. Anxiety is quite common and is something experienced by most people at some point in their lives.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:29 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I can state this as a matter of fact, having raised 2 daughters.

If I heard noises in my daughter's room, and found a boy in there, and my daughter claimed she didn't know who he was, I would probably shoot as well.

As for the parents wanting the fther charged with murder, technically, they are an accessory, since he was their son, 16 years old, and they SHOULD know where he is at that time of night.

Mother of Houston teen allegedly shot by girlfriend
If you did that then you should be brought up on murder charges just like that clown should spend the rest of his life in prison for murder.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:42 PM

279 posts, read 183,239 times
Quote:
It is a crime under Texas law to recklessly cause the death of someone else.

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 19. CRIMINAL HOMICIDE

At least one conviction for manslaughter has been won in TX based on someone telling a lie that led to a death. I posted this link before:

Arlington mom who cried rape gets five years in slaying | Top Stories | News from Fort W...
I applaud this ruling but shouting "rape" and a 16 yo minor lying to her dad are two different issues.

Quote:

There's also the lesser offense of criminally negligent homicide (see the first link I posted). Minimally it seems that could apply.

If you think someone had broken into your home and may be raping your daughter, it's not at all unreasonable to not spend time "thinking about all the possibilities."
No, even thinking that your daughter is murdered doesn't allow you to stop analyzing the situation and for instance cause harm to bystanders and other people. Panic is not an excuse for anything.

Quote:
I would bet that a lot of people who kill others in self-defense or defending others have anxiety attacks. It's quite healthy for that to have an impact on someone. Anxiety is quite common and is something experienced by most people at some point in their lives.
I would bet that someone experiencing an anxiety attack afterwards, so severe that it required stretchers and hospitalization / medication, experienced a similar reaction during the shooting, which might have impaired his assessment of the situation. He simply panicked and shot the boy, that's my opinion.

Me thinks Crazy people with guns is a bad idea. There is one where I live and all us neighbors think he's an accident waiting to happen but we can't do anything about it until then. Unfortunately.

Last edited by Rasputin2014; 03-18-2014 at 10:54 PM..

Old 03-18-2014, 10:49 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Your scenario is idiotic and unnecessary. If you are physically attacked no one is going to say the police shouldn't arrest the people who attacked you. Period end of story.

Again, teens sneak into the parent's homes of their friends. This is not some rare thing that never happens, and guess what nearly 100% of the time no one is beaten up or shot.

The world you want to live in is defined by violence and fear. No thanks.

Don't go to that house? Why?

Cause you'll get killed or beaten and the person who shoots or beats you will be justified. Why?

Well because I decided that is how the world ought to be.

Very, very weird thinking on your part.
Funny that the victim's Father said they had specifically warned him on may occasions not to go into some girl's house where the family didn't know him. That's what the Dad warned him about. Specifically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies