Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 01:52 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
Excellent points on human nature... I usually encountered that kind of insights from LEOs with years of experience. Are you a one?
Nope....just a guy who's been around a long time and who has always tried to learn and benefit from experience. After a while, that kind of insight is just letting common sense take its course.

I've said it before here many times and I'll say it again....gun advocacy is the ultimate tail chase. The boogeyman they fear is the boogeyman they create.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:53 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
My kids rooms have the doorknobs removed........always have. There is no reason to have a lock on either side IMO.
In some schools, I've heard that they remove the doors from all the bathroom stalls.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:53 PM

288 posts, read 350,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
And? That changes nothing of what I wrote. Changes nothing of what actually occurred.

And people are justifying this killing on the flimsy incredibly weird fear perceptions of the father while ignoring what is known.

A teen visits the home of friend and is let in by that friend. The parents don't know that the teen is in the home visiting his friend in the friends room and it is later in the night.

At this point in the story it is just two friends in a room together late at night. There is no violence going on, no threat of violence. Nothing like that. This is known objective reality.

Now at some point the friend's father becomes aware that someone is in his teen daughter's room.

At this point, the dad get's a gun(introducing the violence that will later occur) and goes to his daughter's room.

From there since the dad killed the teen the story gets very vague, but what is known is that the teen is unarmed and doesn't attack the dad and isn't a threat to anyone. These are all known facts about the reality of that situation.

Now instead of weighing that known reality in judgment of the dad's believability, people like you instead ignore what is known and get into the dad's warped mind or his fantasy story about his fear or whatever he is claiming to justify killing a teen who wasn't armed, and didn't attack him, wasn't hurting or threatening anyone.

Based on what you 'know' you should get down there and charge that dad, it appears Texas and the actual investigators are thumbing their nose at you.

Tb

Old 03-19-2014, 01:55 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
If you are in somebody elses house uninvited and get shot guess what happens..........nothing. Simple stuff.
Again, this is all very weird thinking, and you also want to live in a world ruled by fear and violence.

He was invited in by the daughter who is a resident of that home. So he wasn't uninvited. Stop lying.

Again if a person isn't being violent and doesn't have a weapon and isn't threatening anyone, it is absolutely insane to say that because that person's physical being is in a place at a time that you don't like that violence should be expected. No, that is deeply weird thinking.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
In some schools, I've heard that they remove the doors from all the bathroom stalls.
I bet you've heard a lot of things.........

Old 03-19-2014, 01:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Again, this is all very weird thinking, and you also want to live in a world ruled by fear and violence.

He was invited in by the daughter who is a resident of that home. So he wasn't uninvited. Stop lying.

Again if a person isn't being violent and doesn't have a weapon and isn't threatening anyone, it is absolutely insane to say that because that person's physical being is in a place at a time that you don't like that violence should be expected. No, that is deeply weird thinking.
Apparently you don't understand the law.............it appears the local officials do...........so pappy is watching the tourney tomorrow. You think somebody in YOUR home has to act violent for you to take action? LOL..........hey just call 911...........they will come scrape you up by the time they get there.

Nothing weird about my thinking unless your a liberal.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:00 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
Quote:
When my daughter gets a boyfriend he will be assured I will shoot him if he doesn't treat her right. I guess in your opinion it is just fine to sneak some clown into your daughters bedroom in the middle of the night? So go liberals. Hey you can always abort.........your battle cry.

Heh, if they don't agree it must be a liberal. Life is too complicated for such labels. I'm conservative and data driven, and have enough data and information that puts guns into the camp of "stuff idiots have to make them feel safer, but actually increases risk" i.e. same as the guy who bets on red after 3 black runs, or the person who drives cross country instead of planes. . because planes are scary.

but I'll tell you what, regardless of how bad a parent you are and how crappy you set rules with your daughters doesn't give you ANY right to shoot anyone.

I will shoot him if he doesn't treat her right.

What an empty threat. . .but thats what gun owners love

making empty threats that they will never be either forced to or expected to back up

Old 03-19-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
Based on what you 'know' you should get down there and charge that dad, it appears Texas and the actual investigators are thumbing their nose at you.

Tb
I am not saying the dad will be charged with anything. Given many of this nation's laws, and new understanding of self defense or maybe the idea of teens in a room together at 2 am blah, blah, it might all be perfectly legal to shoot an unarmed teen who doesn't attack anyone, that is a horrible world to live in, but maybe that is the world we have, but whatever is decided, it doesn't change anything about the teen being unarmed, and not attacking the dad.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Apparently you don't understand the law.............it appears the local officials do...........so pappy is watching the tourney tomorrow. You think somebody in YOUR home has to act violent for you to take action? LOL..........hey just call 911...........they will come scrape you up by the time they get there.

Nothing weird about my thinking unless your a liberal.
Again, I am not discussing if the dad will be charged. I have no idea and have not wrote once that he would be, but none of that changes reality.

So you are of the opinion that if someone is in your home an invited guest by a member of that household that you have carte blanche to kill them or "take action" even if they aren't being violent and don't have a weapon?

Wow, that is extremely weird thinking.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:04 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
No the world you want to live in is ruled by fear and violence. Look, if you aren't threatening or being violent to someone, the idea you should be hurt because your physical body is in a place at a certain time that you don't think is right is silly thinking. No matter how many times you repeat it doesn't make any sense.

The teen was not armed, didn't attack anyone, and wasn't a threat. This is objective reality. To say well the teen should have known that his friend's dad was an insane person and would react violently to a completely non violent situation is very weird thinking.

No.... the world I live in is reality. The world is a dangerous place, and bad s*** can and does happen! I have no desire to harm anyone! However; I will make damn sure to defend myself, or my family if there is potential threat! Whether you like it or not, the kid should NOT have been there at 2AM without the permission of the girl's parents! You obviously live in a world free of consequences where it's everyone elses fault, and not yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies