Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 01:27 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,201,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
You marry conservative girls
You date liberal chicks
I've dated both and married a liberal one. Most conservative chicks are too uptight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 02:54 AM

130 posts, read 133,406 times
A question from an Australian people, how much difference would it make if people HAD to vote like us Aussies ? And who would it help ?

Old 03-20-2014, 03:31 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,550,805 times
This is simple
The Democratic Party Platform declares war on God and religious people.
People who hate God are more likely to be single

For those who still don't get it
Religious people are more likley to vote Republican
Religious people are more likley to be married

Old 03-20-2014, 04:14 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,201,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
This is simple
The Democratic Party Platform declares war on God and religious people.
People who hate God are more likely to be single

For those who still don't get it
Religious people are more likley to vote Republican
Religious people are more likley to be married
Married people are single at one point in their lives, heck I'm married but was single for many many years.

Who the hell hates God, I want names, otherwise your claim is BS.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:52 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,747,841 times
For the record, conservative women are neither pathetic nor kitchen slaves. Most of us work and earn our money just like men do.

We do love our families and care for them. We wish everyone else would too.

Wow!! Pathetic and kitchen slaves. Based on nothing. So much for peace and tolerance.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:42 AM

8,275 posts, read 12,835,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post

I do not, and have never, voted straight down party lines. I tend to vote for liberal social issues and smaller federal government, having essentially libertarian views. Therefore, I may vote for some Democrats or Libertarians locally, while I would vote Libertarian or Republican nationally.
This makes no sense... R's are notorious for expanding government reagan did it as well as Bush so if that is the value , why vote R?

As to the OP.... you supplied no facts to back up this assertion. if, of married women, 51 % vote R that is hardly something of significance.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:11 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why do people always think Medicare and Social Security is "on the government dole"? No, that's Medicaid and welfare. The difference is that you pay into Medicare and Social Security all your working life (or your husband did if you didn't work).
When I was a kid, older conservatives were still complaining about FDR and social security. You were supposed to save your own money, d***it, not have the govt. do it for you. Pure laziness! Heck, we even hear that now, on occasion. And Medicare! Wow! I was in late high school when that started, early college (nursing) as it started going into effect. The root of all evil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Beyond a poll of a few hundred or thousand, how would they know if a woman voter was married or not, let alone how she voted.

BTW, I have never voted a straight ticket.
I wondered about that too. All these polls are based on a few responses, and on people being honest when they answer. Your vote is supposed to be secret.

I do not vote straight tickets either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Married women are usually worried about protecting earned assets and raising family, while younger single women are more worried about gaining a mate rather than planning on being self sufficient, so they need free stuff from Obamie and his ilk.
Good Grief! Nuff said!

Old 03-20-2014, 07:23 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,390,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Well if the shoe fits???

Anyone that votes in national elections simply on "war on women" and other social issues, yup, pretty much brainless. Male or female.

I choose to look a little deeper than that.

I am very liberal socially. Pro choice, pro legalization of marijuana, pro equality, and I don't care who anyone marries. No one told me who I could marry so it's certainly not my place to tell anyone else.

I just won't vote for a president based on these issues. These issues are won by the states as we can clearly see. It's happening all the time. Why would anyone vote nationally on these issues? Because they don't have enough sense to do a little research.

My money that I earn for my family is important to me. I have no issues with Medicare and Social Security either. People worked hard and paid into those for the people preceding them in those programs.

I feel we've gotten too far away from encouraging hard work and too near making it perfectly ok to take instead of earn.

I do not and will not raise my kids on the ideas of the latter.
That's exactly why the credibility in this country is in the toilet. Republicans aren't fiscally conservative at all. They never have been. Cutting taxes on the wealthy and shifting the burden to everyone else via income and payroll taxes while protecting the 1% just doesn't work. Republicans are responsible for literally every financial problem this country has faced in the last 30 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Thank you for bringing that up.

It is a common misconception that fiscal conservatives despise these programs and look down upon them.

Honestly, I have no problem with hand ups. I have a problem with hand outs. I'm glad we have help for those that are TEMPORARILY down and out. The key word was capitalized.
I do have a problem with able bodies people making careers of living off of these programs.
Most people in this country have a problem with hand outs.. but the argument is extremely overplayed. Only 4% of the population is on welfare, but the government spends nearly 4 times the amount on SNAP benefits because jobs aren't paying people enough. If we actually paid people more instead of showering the wealthy with more tax breaks, we wouldn't have to spend over $350 billion per year in food stamps (which goes to corporations in the form of tax breaks). Who is really on welfare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
With all your posts you do realize that you sound like a left wing "extremist" right?
Ha!!! I only sound like an extremist to people who blindly follow the right-wing. Sir, it is the neoconservatives that are out of touch with reality, not me.

I'm far from a "bleeding heart" liberal. I just know how to spot bull**** and call it out. Currently, 100% of the bull**** is coming from the right-wing on every issue.

.....and that is why Democrats continue to win the vote with women.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:27 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,230,874 times
Single women tend to be poor and disproportionately use the welfare programs that Democrats love: "U.S. women were more likely to live in poverty than men in 2012, particularly if they’re raising families alone." Census poverty data: Not good for women, particularly single women.

Married women tend to be more financially stable and while they have may have lived on a shoestring during their early adult lives, they probably DIDN'T apply for (or qualify for) welfare. Not only that, but if they do know people on welfare, it was typically thanks to the voluntary choice to have children--in other words, pure irresponsibility. These experiences tend to make you vote Republican (although in fact of course ALL politicians will endlessly waste the most taxpayer money possible).

Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Single women tend to be poor and disproportionately use the welfare programs that Democrats love: "U.S. women were more likely to live in poverty than men in 2012, particularly if they’re raising families alone." Census poverty data: Not good for women, particularly single women.

Married women tend to be more financially stable and while they have may have lived on a shoestring during their early adult lives, they probably DIDN'T apply for (or qualify for) welfare. Not only that, but if they do know people on welfare, it was typically thanks to the voluntary choice to have children--in other words, pure irresponsibility. These experiences tend to make you vote Republican (although in fact of course ALL politicians will endlessly waste the most taxpayer money possible).
That article has a lot of statistical twists. It's about single moms, which, despite what many RWs think, or pretend to think anyway for talking points, is not a huge subset of the population. Many single women simply haven't gotten married yet. The average age for a woman to marry is now 27, and marriage rates are going down. The marriage rate is 1/3 of what it was in 1920. Read with caution.

Marriage Rate Declines To Historic Low, Study Finds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies