Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 05:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

The OP did not provide any documentation. Of these 7 links, 3 were from prior to the election, rendering them pointless.
#1, Claims that FOX referred to single women as sl*ts, and other synonyms for same.
#2 9/14/12, says that married women preferring republicans is a long term pattern, and gives stats from 1996 on.
#3. Says the "gender gap" is complicated
#4. Says Obama and Romney both have a "woman problem", is from 4/3/12.
#5. Says that Romney has a problem with unmarried women, not that Obama has a problem with married women, and goes on to say: "Although the numbers are clear, it’s less clear why so many single women prefer Obama over Romney, while their married counterparts vote in the opposite direction." Of course, the sages of CD know why.
#6. Pretty straightforward
#7. From 4/20/12. MJ Day! Maybe the writer was stoned.

In any event, to repeat, the OP gave no documentation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 05:31 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,105,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Just more racists rants from democrats.
You mean like this........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm pretty sure the majority of married black women vote Democrat.
Or this..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiBelle View Post
Lock, stock, and barrel. However, that's a pretty small number anyways considering black women don't tend to marry at the same rates as whites and hispanics. They don't tend to believe in traditional family values as evidenced by their low rates of marriage.

Marriage Statistics | Statistic Brain
Gee, I can't understand why Republicans have such trouble attracting minorities and women.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:35 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
You mean like this........

Or this..........

Gee, I can't understand why Republicans have such trouble attracting minorities and women.
Your post doesn't even make sense.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Like why is this and what's the reason for the difference? For this thread id like to hear mainly women's opinions on this. If you're a married woman who votes for the GOP did you vote for them when you were single? Is it simply an age thing and not a marriage one?

I asked this question because the GOP chair said they don't have a women problem they have a single women under 30 problem(and its true).
I have a colleague who once stated that when it comes to voting, he tells his wife and his daughters how to vote. When I asked why, his response was if they listen to the issues and the stances, it may confuse them and they may vote the wrong way.

Because of him, his wife and daughters always vote a straight Republican ticket.

Go figure.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Growing up finding my way, Carter sounded great.
Off into the 20's Reagan was my man, with Iran stopping us and the economy tanking with my last pick.
Bush Sr was not my guy, I really liked what squeaky Ross Perot was saying.
Then Ron Paul had my attention.
I did vote for Clinton the second time.
Hell no to freak'n Al Gore and Hell no to John Kerry Both elitists.
I voted for Bush both times
Then It has been Ron Paul once again, both 2008 and 2012.

My wife was a Dem lib, until she decided that being a pee-on employee was not getting her anywhere in life. She opened her own business in competition with her old employer, and quickly became a Conservative.
I am sorry to here about your wife, you have my sympathies.

Perhaps, with time, she will come to her senses and once again become a "Dem lib".

Old 03-19-2014, 06:26 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Like why is this and what's the reason for the difference? For this thread id like to hear mainly women's opinions on this. If you're a married woman who votes for the GOP did you vote for them when you were single? Is it simply an age thing and not a marriage one?

I asked this question because the GOP chair said they don't have a women problem they have a single women under 30 problem(and its true).
As far as I'm concerned, the GOP has a problem with forty-something, married women, too. Come to think of it, so does the DNC. I'm pretty disgusted with all of them right now.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:50 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Why as a married woman the REPUBLICAN has no chance of ever winning me, despite my husband. My parents were Democrats. My Dad was UNION. I saw as a little child how that UNION helped my Dad. I cut my teeth on strikes, picket lines, scrabs, AND a FREE medical clinic that we went to for all our health care. UNION DUES paid for it.

Yes, as a young woman, before marriage I worked in the Corporate world of Manhattan. I QUIT and never looked back. When I went back to work after my kids were in school, I went to work as a special needs assistant for both children, and adults, in non-profits and public schools. Not a lot of money, but far more meaningful than making money for the RICH CORPORATIONS. No good. All work must be PROFIT OREINTED for Republicans.

I had two DAUGHTERS. I fought for women's right's as a young woman. I don't have amnesia, and don't want my daughters, or their PEERS, to have to fight for their reproductive rights as my generation, and my mother, and grandmother had to do, and which the REPUBLICANS want to take away from them. BTW, that does not exclude MARRIED women either. My husband's married Aunt had an illegal abortion back in the 1950s. Oh, married women will always be VERY HAPPY to have as many babies as GOD to gives them? I don't think so. Get it, Republicans, a wedding ring is not a solution for any problems a woman may have in her life.

My older daughter is a lesbian. She was married last year in NY. WHY the hell would SHE ever vote for a Republican when they want to keep her from marrying who she loves, AND be discriminated against if she wants to go to a hotel or restaurant with her wife. Republicans want her to be a 2nd class citizen.

Speaking of 2nd class citizens, my younger daughter and her husband are TEACHERS. Leeches of society. What will Republican do for them? NOTHING. PRIVITAZE schools. Go get a REAL JOB, aka, making PROFITS.

As I said before, with my "Sugar Daddy", we too are also leeches of society as Seniors looking for government handouts of Medicare and Social Security.

This is why Republicans and their agenda hold nothing for this married woman, or any of the married women in my family. I am very sure we are not alone in society.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
OMG, it is always this simpleton rhetoric that gets caught up on party lines. Stop it. Just stop.

Every thread "Republicans did this... Republicans did that... Republicans freed the slaves. Republicans brought voter rights.. Republicans are the party of good..."

Parties swap periodically... the ideology is what stays consistent. Conservatives have always been regressive and will always be regressive. The Civil Rights movement was opposed by Southern Democrats and Southern Republicans, while it was supported by a majority of both parties in the North; Republicans and Democrats. Republicans used to be the more liberal party.

Conservatives are currently in (and at the forefront of) the Republican party, waging war on women, waging war against equal pay for women, waging war against voter rights, waging war against teachers unions (most teachers are women).

Don't try to con anyone on here as to thinking the sick GOP politicians are fighting for women's rights.
Quote:
You are too much

So it wasn't republicans that did all those great things, they were really democrats.
He didn't say that.

He said, "... Republicans freed the slaves. Republicans brought voter rights.. Republicans are the party of good..", which is true.

Quote:
I'm sure every great acomplishment by anyone in US history was actually a democrat no mater party affiliation and any evil person is obviously a republican even if they were a democrat.
He never said anything of the sort. He stated:

"The Civil Rights movement was opposed by Southern Democrats and Southern Republicans, while it was supported by a majority of both parties in the North; Republicans and Democrats. Republicans used to be the more liberal party.", which is true and historical fact.

Quote:
I really enjoyed your revisionist history lesson, Orwell would be proud.
There is no "revisionist history lesson" just you playing opposite day with ErikBEggs' post or is it perhaps a lack of comprehension on your part?

Maybe a little of both?

Old 03-19-2014, 07:16 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
I have a colleague who once stated that when it comes to voting, he tells his wife and his daughters how to vote. When I asked why, his response was if they listen to the issues and the stances, it may confuse them and they may vote the wrong way.

Because of him, his wife and daughters always vote a straight Republican ticket.

Go figure.
Really? Is their husband and father right there watching them to KNOW how they vote????? I would say as a young married that I was voting for he was, but DIDN'T. When I got older, and truer to who I am, I flat out told him. Don't like that? TOUGH.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:35 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
That's the problem with our political system. So called fiscal conservatives are conservative on social issues as well. Hell, they are even too conservative for our conservative health care law, which is where there is a huge lack of credibility (I'll grill that in a different thread). Republicans are not fiscally conservative.

So now you just accuse most women of being brainless? Fact: Most women vote Democrat. The more the right-wing scorns people for not appeasing their regressive policies, the more they push people away.

I'm so excited to see the GOP establishment burn to the ground. It gets more entertaining every day.
Well if the shoe fits???

Anyone that votes in national elections simply on "war on women" and other social issues, yup, pretty much brainless. Male or female.

I choose to look a little deeper than that.

I am very liberal socially. Pro choice, pro legalization of marijuana, pro equality, and I don't care who anyone marries. No one told me who I could marry so it's certainly not my place to tell anyone else.

I just won't vote for a president based on these issues. These issues are won by the states as we can clearly see. It's happening all the time. Why would anyone vote nationally on these issues? Because they don't have enough sense to do a little research.

My money that I earn for my family is important to me. I have no issues with Medicare and Social Security either. People worked hard and paid into those for the people preceding them in those programs.

I feel we've gotten too far away from encouraging hard work and too near making it perfectly ok to take instead of earn.

I do not and will not raise my kids on the ideas of the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies