Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 09:19 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I asked that no one make any snyd remarks, lets discuss this maturly and like adults....but I guess that was futile....? Please if you can't discuss a thread, then move on, I'm not claiming to be right or to know everything, and I'm open to constructive comments....
Constructive comment: 1) read beyond the headline before you post a link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Tell us how you know what Obama`s beliefs are.
well, he has certainly been proving it, even before he became President he blew off the CEO of some gas company making the statement, "We're doing it our way". When the man wanted to discuss a way we could be free of foriegn oil. Now to me, that is a huge red flag.

He makes comments that lean towards taking freedom away from Americans.

No Obama didn't come out and state what this article says he said, but he did....

He is taking more and more freedoms away...the government wants us dependent upon them....

that is the same thing Hitler did....

Old 03-19-2014, 09:22 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
op, your embarrassing yourself on this one. just chalk it up as a loss and move on
Too late.

Quote:
He is taking more and more freedoms away...the government wants us dependent upon them....

that is the same thing Hitler did....

Old 03-19-2014, 09:23 AM

395 posts, read 546,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Not only is this old, but the Forbes post is a lie. President Obama didn't say anything approaching "You don't deserve to be free".

Your post is a lie.
It is not a "lie", it is a posting of an opinion piece from Forbes, in which the author drew that conclusion...that in his opinion, through action, Obama made the unspoken statement that Americans had not been able to make freer capitalism and less statism work. It would be a lie if in fact someone stated that Obama had said that, when of course he had not.

We can disagree with the author, but to call it a "lie" seems a bit of a kneejerk reaction.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Obama To Americans: You Don't Deserve To Be Free - Forbes

this to me and for me, goes against all that America was built on?

How do you feel, and please, don't bash and make synd remarks, lets discuss this objectively....and maturely
You thought Bush was bas because he WAS.

And that quote is an outright lie.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:27 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
sigh, I never said it was a bush vs obama thing...I said, I thought Bush was bad!
I was not directing the "it isn't Obama" thing at you, but the people coming behind you to try and take an Objectivist rant about the last 100 years and reduce it to Obama vs Bush, as if (paraphrasing the article) Cornwallis surrendered his sword to Clinton, Dubyah was the 1st President since the Constitution's ratification, and Obama is the 2nd President ever.
Quote:
and yes, your right, but lets remain objective here in our discussion, no one is saying it's one person. I'm going to be 66 years old and I've been seeing this all my life....
they have been chipping away at our freedoms for many many years, we used to call it, opening a can of worms, until you have completely aborded the laws, to the point of changing them to benefit your own purpose...
Objective is part of my screen name. Again, not directed at you, but at the people who want to boil this down to a Bush vs Obama thing. Neither of the two, nor any of their predecessors was a fan of laissez faire capitalism, and no matter what they say, that form of economics has not been in charge of our economy since the 19th Century (and even then capitalism's power was brief). Obama is just more brazen and openly antagonistic about his anti-capitalism. All politicians are anti-capitalism because free market capitalism is power to the people that politicians cannot control. Yeah, no politician likes the people having power of any kind. Obama is just more proud and outspoken about it.
Quote:
WHAT, you mean to tell me, you've got something against Unicorns? OMG?
Nope, I just know that we've spent 100 years trying to use unicorns to be energy independent, but that only works on bumper stickers and it's time to try something new!

Old 03-19-2014, 09:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
I asked that no one make any snyd remarks, lets discuss this maturly and like adults....but I guess that was futile....? Please if you can't discuss a thread, then move on, I'm not claiming to be right or to know everything, and I'm open to constructive comments....
The problem is that you built the thread on a lie.

You can't turn around now and ask for constructive comments. You should've started the thread with a constructive criticism instead.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:31 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You thought Bush was bas because he WAS.

And that quote is an outright lie.
He achieved a high level of Badness.
The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder: Vincent Bugliosi: Amazon.com: Books

Old 03-19-2014, 09:32 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
well, yeah, your right to a degree, he did twist words, however, doesn't everyone when they have an agenda....

What Obama has done, is a move towards loosing our freedoms, no?

I mean, think about it?
No.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:33 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
and again, the only "lie" Obama has told is that we've tried the capitalism approach at different periods, like the 1920s, 1980s, etc. We haven't done any such thing, but he's not the only one who both believes it and says it all the freaking time.

Governments, anywhere, everywhere, any time, all the time...hate free market capitalism because it gives their greatest enemy more power. It isn't really hard to figure out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies