Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 02:47 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Yep.

All the most regressive countries are socially conservative. It doesn't matter which religion dominates. Conservatism is the problem, not which brand of malarkey the population subscribes to.

If you want your country to be less productive, just adopt socially conservative policies. Restrict your women. Keep the masses poor, uneducated, and obedient as long as they believe in what you preach
Indeed.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:12 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
It seems like there are many similarities, whether it's attitude towards gays, premarital sex, women's rights, honor killings, punishment for crimes, use of alcohol/drugs, holy wars, solution to middle east crisis.
If that's true, then please explain to me why liberals embrace, excuse, and are apologists for Muslims and their hate-filled violent, mysogynist, homophobic, genocidal, culture, and yet condemn and go bezerk over Christians for even the slightest of political incorrectness.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
It seems like there are many similarities, whether it's attitude towards gays, premarital sex, women's rights, honor killings, punishment for crimes, use of alcohol/drugs, holy wars, solution to middle east crisis.

Do you see similarities?
My opinion and I am certainly not what one would consider radical religious right, but overall, I do go to a fairly conservative church so some I know are: none are similar to what you are talking about. The attitude toward gays is real, you are right, though they are coming around. The rest, no. I am not talking about some weird, far out, non denominational religions, yes, the can be pretty nutty, but they are also not the main stream. Most realize pre marital sex is here to stay, very few think women belong pregnant and wearing house dresses, and they do not drink, but accept many people do and they are not as judgmental as you night think. Maybe you need to get to know more of them. They are not a bunch of suicide bombers, they do not feel anyone with a different religion should be killed, etc. BTW, many people think using drugs is wrong, not just religious people on the right. I think it is sad when people on the left show their overall hatred for those who may think differently from them. Anyone who would compare religious right believers with Muslims either doesn't understand or really wants our country to think left on all issues and think those who don't are the ones filled with hate.

Last edited by nmnita; 03-20-2014 at 05:33 AM..

Old 03-20-2014, 05:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
I am born and raised Roman Catholic, have you heard what the pope Francis had to say about poverty and those less fortunate than us..... Compassion, charity.... Very Un-Republican values.
Would you like to compare which of the parties donate the most to charity and how about those who do volunteer work, do you think more on the right or left do? There is a huge difference between charity and compassion versus just give it away, no questioned asked. Isn't it better to help someone than to hold them back because of too much charity? Didn't the Bible say, God helps those who help themselves?

Old 03-20-2014, 05:53 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
If they are similar it begs the question why the progressives are so full of hate towards Christians (forget "Coexist" or freedom of religion, Progressives show their true colors when discussing religion) & yet so embracing of Muslims? In my city the Muslims led the fight against Gay Marriage. They want girls segregated from boys in public schools. They believe girls shouldn't be allowed to swim with boys. You'd think gays, feminists, et al would be sending people into their bakeries to demand wedding cakes, but that doesn't happen. Makes you wonder if the color of a person's skin is what makes them a target for Progressives?
Quote:
Sounds like Christian fundamentalism if you ask me.
He just told you straight up it wasn't; it was Muslims. Yet you divert to "Christian fundamentalists" again.

It seems you're just trying to fish for something here to justify your own prejudice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies