Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 08:18 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
When I first looked at the OP's chart I thought it was about age distribution. The problem with the Republican Rural areas is the old "how are you gonna keep the kids down on the farm after they have seen the city" (paraphrased). The younger votes are simply moving to town and putting their economics over their parent's ideology.
The demise of the family farm is a big part of what's chasing people away from rural areas. I grew up on a family farm and it takes far more acres of farmland to support a family today than it did even 20 years ago, so the average farm is getting bigger, which means the number of farms is getting smaller. I moved to the city while my brother took over the farm because there wasn't enough land for us both to stay on the farm.

Where else are kids born in rural areas supposed to go when there is not enough available land for them to stay there and few other career options? They have no choice but to move to the city. Eventually, only massive Corporate-owned farms will exist in rural America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 08:46 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Huh? Have you read my posting history? I make that point over and over and over again, that Democrats have filled the void in the center left by the Republicans being driven off to the right-wing fringe.

What are you talking about me failing to notice?
...and in the case of the NSA and other domestic spying, the judge-jury-executioner combination embodied in drone strikes, and the suppression of the media, the Democrats have also filled the void left by Benito Mussolini out there on the fascist fringe.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:10 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The gist of the problem is this conservatives hate a huge percentage of the American population and actively are against them and are angry when these other Americans get help from the government and as a result because of demographic changes in this nation conservatives are becoming angrier everyday at America and the American people.

This is what lies at the heart of American political dysfunction.

The traditional Democratic and Republican divide doesn't exist. What you have is one part of the nation conservatives who truly hates so many other groups of Americans and this hatred animates their political ideology and policy ideas.
Your post is a crock of horse sh*t (not to mention a run-on sentence).

The gist of the problem is that conservatives hate that a huge percentage of the American population is in NEED of help from the government. As a result of corrupt government and dysfunctional policies, conservatives are becoming angrier every day at the government and the policians who are supposed to represent the American people.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:28 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Your post is a crock of horse sh*t (not to mention a run-on sentence).

The gist of the problem is that conservatives hate that a huge percentage of the American population is in NEED of help from the government. As a result of corrupt government and dysfunctional policies, conservatives are becoming angrier every day at the government and the policians who are supposed to represent the American people.
Everyone needs help from the government and every citizen gets help.

Again conservatives are not against I'd say 95% of the ways the government helps people, but they are against those aspects of government help that goes to groups of Americans they conservatives hate.

It continues to be that this is the great divide in American politics.

You have millions of citizens who are mostly conservatives who define their politics by trying to hurt other Americans and are angry at what they perceive as other Americans getting over at their expense with the help of the Democratic party.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Everyone needs help from the government and every citizen gets help.

Again conservatives are not against I'd say 95% of the ways the government helps people, but they are against those aspects of government help that goes to groups of Americans they conservatives hate.

It continues to be that this is the great divide in American politics.

You have millions of citizens who are mostly conservatives who define their politics by trying to hurt other Americans and are angry at what they perceive as other Americans getting over at their expense with the help of the Democratic party.
I honestly don't think conservatives really think that they want to hurt others. To me that is a liberal talking point with no value. It's like saying A is true and B is true so A=B. I think there are some conservatives that do hate ______ but I can tell you there are liberals who hate racists. Just look at how the race card is thrown when you disagree with Obama policy.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:06 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No they need to follow more Libertarian views rather than Republican. The meat and potato issues aren't the problem for the votes, it's the social issues and stupid comments you hear from the far right.

Compared to Republicans, Democrats on a whole aren't "too liberal" like how the Republican brand is "too conservative." It also don't help when you have the Republicans in particular Tea Partiers use the RINO phrase as an insult to talking about who is the most conservative in a group of candidates. Democrats typically don't do this. Also listening to commentators and taking what they say as gospel is NEVER a good road to go down. There are always idiots on right and left and it has always been that way. I mean there have been people that said we should have gotten into World War 1 & 2 sooner and others who said we shouldn't haven even after Pearl Harbor.
First consider that I am a dues paying Libertarian.

I don't know how anyone can say one or the other party is less liberal or conservative in comparison. That's subjective and stinks of bias. As a Libertarian I clearly see how both parties have been derailed by progressives. Progressives only pretend to be one thing or another, with the ultimate goal of totalitarian rule. This is why they can claim to be tolerant, unless you disagree with them.

Calling a RINO a RINO isn't an insult to the RINO; it's an insult to the party that the RINO pretends to be something he/she is not.

D and R are merely two sides of the same coin. Both parties hate us Libertarians, so we must be doing something right.

BTW, we Libertarians are a huge part of the TEA movement. WE all agree that WE have been TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY!

Rand Paul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
...and in the case of the NSA and other domestic spying, the judge-jury-executioner combination embodied in drone strikes, and the suppression of the media, the Democrats have also filled the void left by Benito Mussolini out there on the fascist fringe.
APPLAUSE!!

I find it literally insane for anyone to claim the left have become moderate. If you move the bar all the way to the left, then even the weakest conservatism become extreme. Progressive Liberals would like everyone to believe they are actually in the center, while constantly moving the bar left. They portray themselves as tolerant and fighting for the people, much the way Stalin and Mao portrayed themselves as they slaughtered millions who disagreed with them.

Last edited by surfman; 03-25-2014 at 01:20 PM..

Old 03-25-2014, 01:21 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
First consider that I am a dues paying Libertarian.

I don't know how anyone can say one or the other party is less liberal or conservative in comparison. That's subjective and stinks of bias. As a Libertarian I clearly see how both parties have been derailed by progressives. Progressives only pretend to be one thing or another, with the ultimate goal of totalitarian rule. This is why they can claim to be tolerant, unless you disagree with them.

Calling a RINO a RINO isn't an insult to the RINO; it's an insult to the party that the RINO pretends to be something he/she is not.

D and R are merely two sides of the same coin. Both parties hate us Libertarians, so we must be doing something right.

BTW, we Libertarians are a huge part of the TEA movement. WE all agree that WE have been TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY!

Rand Paul 2016

Amen. Well... with the exception of Rand Paul. While his dad was a wonderful man, I'm not quite sold on Rand yet. And yes, both sides of the aisle see Libertarians as a threat. It cuts into their agenda of control, and further growing the government.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:13 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What this means is we need more moderate republicans who do not have to go right for the primaries. Romney and McCain have gotten nominations because they aren't spouting the nonsense you see from conservatives.
r u crazy? Romney was even further right then newt gingrich or jon huntsmen and His comments about self deportation made sure that I was never going to vote for him. I will vote 4 republicans when they r willing to embrace a Multi-cultural and Multi-lingual USA
Official Coca-Cola "Big Game" Commercial 2014 - America Is Beautiful - YouTube yes everyone should eventually learn english but I would hate if all immigrants lost their culture and language. I want to be able to hear arbic,creol,spanish,tagolog ,mandrin, russian,etc being spoken in public without immigrants or their childern fearing prejudice. I generally agree with republicans on economics,states rights,size of government,etc but when they keep up their war on drugs,war on immigrants, wars overseas I can't keep supporting them. I am by defanition a swing voter but it's not because I am undecided or uniforrmed on issues it's because I forced to chose between a rotten apple and a rotten orange. Ideally would want a ron paul like president and party.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:11 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
A suitable modeling of the morally offensive attitude of some red-tinted rural folks, grievously afflicted with irrational self-importance. They think, "All that matters is me, the people I like, and the people who like what I like." Petulant self-centeredness is the fundamental linchpin of "red" perspectives.
And blue states and the leftist who live their don't feel the same way? "bitter clingers" "unimportant people" "fly over country"?

But then again claim the moral high ground and use morality as your foundation..The thing about morality is, well its not facts, logic, or reality all firm and unchangeable unlike morality which very wildly..

Last edited by gunlover; 03-25-2014 at 10:20 PM..

Old 03-25-2014, 10:19 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yet you love democrats getting the NY and Cali electoral votes and that is all fine. LOL.
In my opinion the presidential election should go by popular vote... Electoral issue solved...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies