Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 01:58 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhh dear. Did he say that?
He most certainly did, in 2010, early a year after he criticized companies that received federal money for taking corporate junkets to Las Vegas by saying this: "You can't go take that trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on taxpayers' dime,"

Old 03-21-2014, 02:02 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So stop buying it. Sounds simple enough.
But Nooooo! They want their Low, Low, Rock-Bottom Prices.
Where did I say I buy it? Who is "they"?

I don't buy low, low rock-bottom goods. I have higher standards and I like quality goods.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Aw--I'm disappointed. I thought surely one of the radical right-wingers would call it the Chinese lame stream media. Don't fret--I'm sure those biased Daily Whatever sites will give you some red meat to throw at the First Lady so that you can turn good will into bad.
I really don't know who you are referring to as a "radical right-winger" because it sure doesn't apply to me. Is a "radical right-winger" the same as a worshipper because I have never seen such a large number of people who actually worship another human being and hold him/her to Godly status as do those that worship the Pope?

You actually know what I read, listen to and put my belief in??

Actually I believe you suffer from an enigma.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
LOL. What a comparison!!!!

Quote:
“The last high profile politician’s wife we had was Madame Mao,” remarked one local government official ahead of Mrs Obama’s visit. “And that did not turn out so well.” Jiang Qing, Chairman Mao’s fourth wife, was executed for her crimes during the Cultural Revolution.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:20 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Apparently the staff at the $8,000+ per night suite they are staying in cant wait for them to leave. Mama Bama is barking at the staff and it is a circus.

Beijing hotel workers already 'fed up' with Obama entourage in 3400-square-foot, $8,350-per-night suite inconveniencing 'pretty much everyone' -- and the first lady's mother is 'barking at the staff' | Mail Online

Old 03-21-2014, 08:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
This link compares and contrasts the former and current First Lady's international travels, independent of their spouses:

National Taxpayers Union - Which First Lady Flies Highest? Michelle vs. Laura

The Secret Service protects all former presidents and their spouses during their lifetimes, unless they decline. I think the Carters are the only one who have declined.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:18 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This link compares and contrasts the former and current First Lady's international travels, independent of their spouses:

The Secret Service protects all former presidents and their spouses during their lifetimes, unless they decline. I think the Carters are the only one who have declined.
but this isn't about Laura Bush, those were different times....and I don't know why people keep insisting to compare, since Laura Bush, the countries deficit has what, doubled, more and more people loosing their jobs to over seas contractors, and it is bad and difficult for a lot of people so, my first thoughts as First Lady would be, be a little aware of that fact and don't spend so much of the taxpayers money,or else use my money...humble would be the word...frugal and humble.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:03 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
The so-called "taxpayer uproar"--invisible to anyone who isn't wearing the magic goggles apparently handed out to Washington Times reporters--is a figment of Sun Myung Moon's imagination.

Good job following your marching orders, Grets!
Oh please, there has been an ongoing questioning by many taxpayers regarding Michelle Obama's extravagant travel forays, and in particular a question of just how the US taxpayer benefits from these junkets:
Michelle Obama Spain Trip Cost Taxpayers $467,000: Judicial Watch

Michelle Obama's Vacation Extension May Cost Taxpayers at Least $200K

The fact that you are not informed does not translate to a handing out of "magic goggles" to Wa Times reporters.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:45 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
As of July 2013, Mrs. Obama had racked up 72 days of overseas travel. Laura Bush had 212 days of overseas travel during Gomer`s 2 terms. You were saying?
The economy was not in a zhithole back then, Obama and first lady should lead by example, and BTW, Laura Bush has more class in her little finger than the present first lady has in her whole body.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:47 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Millions more are gaining healthcare for the first time in their lives but what`s that have to do with First Ladies traveling? Deflect much?
I didn't know it was trade off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies