U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 05:00 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,570,012 times

Advertisements

she need to tell her husband; looking at NSA and IRS scandals alone. I think Carter make that point today. In time liberals will want a KGB type agency watch everyone. and suppressing opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 07:56 PM

7,496 posts, read 9,697,836 times
What was that about the hotel they stayed in? We'll see if she still feels that way if she's ever on the other side of free speech.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:33 AM

71,586 posts, read 83,109,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We did in Iraq...and you thought it was a good idea.
I thought it was a good idea: where the hell did you get that idea?

Old 03-24-2014, 04:37 AM

2,777 posts, read 3,014,227 times
While in China the American politician raises one hand for freedom and extends the other hand out for money.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:39 AM

26,520 posts, read 11,086,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Freedom of speech is 'universal' right, Michelle Obama tells China - Telegraph

It may not mean much, may not do much. But Im glad she said it. Im not fond of her or her husband clearly, but I must give her a positive comment for saying this.
Good for her. The more freedom there is and the less rights stolen by corrupt governments, the better it is.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 AM

2,265 posts, read 2,764,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Good for her. The more freedom there is and the less rights stolen by corrupt governments, the better it is.
I wonder what her thoughts on her husband's administration using the IRS as a political weapon to silence speech of the Tea Party and other conservative groups are.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:26 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,595,823 times
I think this was her funniest statement from the link..........
"My husband and I are on the receiving end of plenty of questioning and criticism from our media and our fellow citizens, and it's not always easy.

Some people are not looking at her comments as someone who practice what she preaches.............
First lady Michelle Obama will not take questions from reporters or give interviews during her tour of China that begins today, and members of the press corps who usually follows the first family everywhere can't travel with her entourage.
No interviews, please! Michelle Obama's China trip questioned as she won't take Q&A with reporters and only offers 2 true 'open press' events (out of 22 on her calendar) | Mail Online

Old 03-24-2014, 09:25 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,220,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
And, yet, her camp wants to take that away from many Americans, particularly those they disagree with.
Yes, and particularly those with an R after their name and those that criticize Dear Leader.

And as a sidebar question, does she have the publicly mandated authority to speak for the U.S.? I don't recall her being elected to anything.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:02 PM

71,586 posts, read 83,109,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
her statement isn't going to change one thing in China. Especially coming from a woman who is really nothing but a wife and mother. Not that there is anything wrong with being a wife and mother, there isn't. It a wonderful job, but that doesn't mean her ideas or statements affect how people in other countries should or will react.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:07 PM

11,712 posts, read 9,324,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
her statement isn't going to change one thing in China. Especially coming from a woman who is really nothing but a wife and mother. Not that there is anything wrong with being a wife and mother, there isn't. It a wonderful job, but that doesn't mean her ideas or statements affect how people in other countries should or will react.
...and yet, you are in here responding because her words made the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies