U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2014, 10:02 PM

29,419 posts, read 18,652,041 times

Advertisements

Crematin and tossing a baby into the incenerator without the parents knowledge are two different things. Maybe you don't think so.....I do.

Now your talking about burying your child in the back yard........what is wrong with you folks? Do you hate children? I don't care what your definition of miscarriage is.......it's stupid from the beginning unless you hate children and adore abortion. It appears you are the latter. Go kill your kids and toss em into a fire..........I would never ever do that. You are pathetic.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:46 PM

7,496 posts, read 9,697,836 times

Old 03-25-2014, 01:26 AM

21,483 posts, read 13,608,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have no idea what they did to our lost one at Cleveland Clinic. The nurse just said my wife had "aborted" the baby. They did not even use the word "miscarried".
When my husband worked for some OB/GYNs they would mark a miscarriage as the child being aborted. He talked to them about using that on the form to describe a miscarriage and they agreed. I hope they changed the wording. If the baby was not aborted why mark it like that, no thought for the mothers who miscarry and don't want anyone to think they intentionally aborted the baby when they didn't.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:33 AM

21,483 posts, read 13,608,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Cremation is often used as an alternative to burial.

Remember, a miscarriage is before 20 weeks. Most fetuses are grossly deformed, smaller than normal for gestational period, and have expired days to weeks before expulsion. These fetuses are often unrecognizable. I guess a family could bury it in their back yard if they wanted to and received permission from the coroner.
Remember the scene in, "The Help" when the one woman kept losing her pregnancies? That is what she did since she lost them at home. She didn't want her husband to think she could never have children so she put the miscarriages into a shoe box and buried them in the yard. So sad. That is what our ancestors did when they miscarried, what else could they have done.

Usually the woman miscarries at the hospital and they take care of it but for parents to learn this must be heartbreaking. I would rather take my baby home and bury it in my yard and have a stone on the grave not have it used for kindling.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:38 AM

19,604 posts, read 19,719,222 times
You do have to wonder how many of those women would have taken the fetal material home with them had it been offered to them.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:51 AM

6,268 posts, read 3,531,236 times
I had a ruptured ectopic (fallopian) at 6 weeks. This means there was severe internal bleeding, or as one doctor put it, "it took 20 minutes for find her bladder". They said my internal bleeding was so bad they were surprised I hadn't gone into a coma. The doctors were far more concerned about saving MY LIFE, than saving the remains of a LESS THAN ONCE INCH EMBRYO. I am pretty sure they had to suction out all my bleeding, and the embryo, and fallopian tube, probably went with the blood.

So they were supposed to go searching through all the blood to save that embryo so it could be BURIED? In what? A one inch coffin? That is absurd. I am sure everything was burned as medical waste.

Call me a very bad mother, but I was just happy at the time to be ALIVE and go home to see my 3 year old daughter, who meant far more to me than a less than one inch dead embryo.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:31 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,275,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I had a ruptured ectopic (fallopian) at 6 weeks. This means there was severe internal bleeding, or as one doctor put it, "it took 20 minutes for find her bladder". They said my internal bleeding was so bad they were surprised I hadn't gone into a coma. The doctors were far more concerned about saving MY LIFE, than saving the remains of a LESS THAN ONCE INCH EMBRYO. I am pretty sure they had to suction out all my bleeding, and the embryo, and fallopian tube, probably went with the blood.

So they were supposed to go searching through all the blood to save that embryo so it could be BURIED? In what? A one inch coffin? That is absurd. I am sure everything was burned as medical waste.

Call me a very bad mother, but I was just happy at the time to be ALIVE and go home to see my 3 year old daughter, who meant far more to me than a less than one inch dead embryo.
Sad story, but an outlier. 90% plus of abortions are selected as a means of birth control.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:14 AM

45,452 posts, read 33,761,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Crematin and tossing a baby into the incenerator without the parents knowledge are two different things. Maybe you don't think so.....I do.

Now your talking about burying your child in the back yard........what is wrong with you folks? Do you hate children? I don't care what your definition of miscarriage is.......it's stupid from the beginning unless you hate children and adore abortion. It appears you are the latter. Go kill your kids and toss em into a fire..........I would never ever do that. You are pathetic.
This thread is not about induced abortion and you know it.

It appears you are accusing those who have experienced the tragedy of a miscarriage or still birth of killing their kids. This is a new low for this forum.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:41 AM

30,885 posts, read 19,436,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
When my husband worked for some OB/GYNs they would mark a miscarriage as the child being aborted. He talked to them about using that on the form to describe a miscarriage and they agreed. I hope they changed the wording. If the baby was not aborted why mark it like that, no thought for the mothers who miscarry and don't want anyone to think they intentionally aborted the baby when they didn't.
Miscarriage and spontaneous abortion mean the same thing.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:49 PM

29,419 posts, read 18,652,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This thread is not about induced abortion and you know it.

It appears you are accusing those who have experienced the tragedy of a miscarriage or still birth of killing their kids. This is a new low for this forum.
No I haven't. I guess it is too much to ask for folks to actually read OP that is linked in the thread..........or even read the parts I quoted out to YOU. I doubt you have even read the OP yet from your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or