Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 04:07 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Obama Calls for Highest Sustained Taxation in U.S. History | CNS News

Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 04:28 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Okay, a right wing hack site says that the budget not yet passed will have the highest sustained taxation...with no references to the reports it supposedly quotes, or any of the numbers, or anything else. It is just because they say so. If you don't believe their claims without proof you must be brainwashed, an Obamabot, or a paid shill.

My lord some people will believe anything as long as it's haten' on Obama. Talk about Obama derangement syndrome.

I guess some people didn't learn from the boy who cried wolf about lying.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:09 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

You have a way with words, like my 2 year old.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:14 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What do you want? More debt or more taxes? I'll take more taxes any day. Uncontrolled spending will ruin the country.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:14 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
What do you want? More debt or more taxes? I'll take more taxes any day. Uncontrolled spending will ruin the country.
As long as they tax "somebody" else.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Okay, a right wing hack site says that the budget not yet passed will have the highest sustained taxation...with no references to the reports it supposedly quotes, or any of the numbers, or anything else. It is just because they say so. If you don't believe their claims without proof you must be brainwashed, an Obamabot, or a paid shill.

My lord some people will believe anything as long as it's haten' on Obama. Talk about Obama derangement syndrome.

I guess some people didn't learn from the boy who cried wolf about lying.
"Under Obama’s budget proposal, according to the CBO, the budget will never balance. But over the next ten years, the federal government would add $7.183 trillion to its debt held by the public." From the link

This seams to be what is coming our way. Short of a radical reversal of the way things are the budget will never balance. It was Ronald Reagan that started this mess with his supply side economics or I should say accelerated it, Obama just inherited it.

What about common sense? Where will our budget deficit end? I remember when the amount we owed was $1trillion. Now our deficit is larger than that. I am not hating on Obama. But Who is going to change things? Who is it that is supposed to change things?

What changes need to be made?

Old 04-24-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
As long as they tax "somebody" else.
Top marginal tax rate at 90%. that is the way it was in the 1950's when times were good for the US.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:33 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
Top marginal tax rate at 90%. that is the way it was in the 1950's when times were good for the US.
Sheesh, not this tired old trope again. The glorious 50's, what a load. Check out life expectancy in the 1950's versus today, the lot of minorities in the 1950's compared to today, any indicator of comfort like air conditioning-central heat-some type of phone, not to mention the vast improvements in standard of living made possible by unimaginable amounts of technology invented and commercialized after the 50's. Also, median income in the 50's compared to today. The crappiest new car available today would make the best vehicle sold in the 1950's look like trash. When it got down to zero, not a car on the block would start. Now we have fuel injection and electronic ignition instead of carberators and points.

But it is a free country. You can pretend like the 50's were a Norman Rockwell painting that was truly wonderful if you want. But you are kidding yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies