U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-25-2014, 06:22 PM
 
10,691 posts, read 11,661,971 times
Reputation: 6043

Advertisements

They're baaaaaack.............


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-25-2014, 06:48 PM
 
16,682 posts, read 9,060,505 times
Reputation: 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Blah, blah, blah - and after all that I see you STILL can't read:

"...More recent evidence supports this view, too. Politifact.com has tracked more than 500 promises Barack Obama made during the 2008 presidential campaign. It found he has kept 161, passed a compromised version of another 50, and has either been rebuffed by Congress or is making progress toward another 239. In only 56 cases about 10 percent has Obama actually broken a promise..."

Presidents keep their campaign promises - The Washington Post

Ken
Blah Blah Blah...

We hate Bush for Drones... It is okay that Obama has more drones.

We hate Bush for no bid contracts to a Haliburton subsidiary. It is okay that Obama did the same thing to the same company.

We hate Bush for lobbyists in the White House. It is okay that Obama broke his promise to not allow lobbyists in those positions.

We hate Bush for the debt. It is okay Obama didn't go line by line.

We hate Bush for increased earmarks. It is okay that Obama backed off his promise to lower earmarks by veto if necessary and has increased earmarks.

Bush is so irresponsible for spending through continuing resolutions, Obama is correct that it is too hide spending. It is okay that Obama has out Bushed Bush on this - including when he had Democrats in control.

Bush is so stupid for mispronouncing a few words and saying silly things. Obama is merely human when he does it.

Obama is so great and transparent he will post all bills online for 5 days before he signs them for full disclosure and public debate. It is okay that Obama broke this on his very first bill and 90% of his bills...he is cool.

Obama is against a mandate on principle and theory. Obama is correct we need a mandate.

I am voting for Obama, because he will end the Bush wars. It is smart for Obama to escalate and extend the Afghanistan War. I also agree with him following Bush's withdrawal timeline from Iraq and actually increasing it.

I am really proud that Obama correctly believes that you legally must go through congress to use military force unless it is an immediate national threat... Obama is correct, he doesn't need congress to use military force to hit Libya or Syria.

Hope and Change is about no special access for big donors, the middle class writes a letter and the rich cut a check and get face time under Bush - this is wrong and Obama has pledged to stop it, he is wonderful. Obama is physically attractive, who cares if you get guaranteed one on one face time for cutting his OFA a $500K check.

Obama is a transparent straight shooter. Who cares if he lies about his mother's death for political gain and continues to lie when caught in it.

Obama will end torture, because it is morally wrong and UnAmerican and Bush has dragged this country down. There is nothing wrong with Obama using rendition to have others torture for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2014, 06:53 PM
 
2,687 posts, read 1,839,193 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Putin doesn't care if Russia's life is miserable long as he if fine.
lol That was ridiculous.

Putin can't possibly lead his country if he spends all the money Russia has on trying to destroy Ukrainian freedom fighters while drawing his forces away from other hot spots, letting rebels pop their heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You don't get it. Obama is weak.........that is why this is happeneing. Now after Obama's speech today blabbing the same "there will be consequences" nonsense what did Russia do...........took the last ship from their navy. Troops massing and they have taken over every military installation. So you tell me how "strong" your idiot leader is?

Again, you don't get it. He had the entire country and he lost it. Putin is weak and he knows he's weak, that's why he had to try and save face by taking the Ukraine. The West will get the rest of the country. This is a loss for Putin, not a big victory. Once again, he had the entire thing, now he only has the little bit of it he was able to steal and then only because he already had military forces there to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2014, 06:59 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,868 posts, read 22,719,590 times
Reputation: 7167
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Blah Blah Blah...

We hate Bush for Drones... It is okay that Obama has more drones.

We hate Bush for no bid contracts to a Haliburton subsidiary. It is okay that Obama did the same thing to the same company.

We hate Bush for lobbyists in the White House. It is okay that Obama broke his promise to not allow lobbyists in those positions.

We hate Bush for the debt. It is okay Obama didn't go line by line.

We hate Bush for increased earmarks. It is okay that Obama backed off his promise to lower earmarks by veto if necessary and has increased earmarks.

Bush is so irresponsible for spending through continuing resolutions, Obama is correct that it is too hide spending. It is okay that Obama has out Bushed Bush on this - including when he had Democrats in control.

Bush is so stupid for mispronouncing a few words and saying silly things. Obama is merely human when he does it.

Obama is so great and transparent he will post all bills online for 5 days before he signs them for full disclosure and public debate. It is okay that Obama broke this on his very first bill and 90% of his bills...he is cool.

Obama is against a mandate on principle and theory. Obama is correct we need a mandate.

I am voting for Obama, because he will end the Bush wars. It is smart for Obama to escalate and extend the Afghanistan War. I also agree with him following Bush's withdrawal timeline from Iraq and actually increasing it.

I am really proud that Obama correctly believes that you legally must go through congress to use military force unless it is an immediate national threat... Obama is correct, he doesn't need congress to use military force to hit Libya or Syria.

Hope and Change is about no special access for big donors, the middle class writes a letter and the rich cut a check and get face time under Bush - this is wrong and Obama has pledged to stop it, he is wonderful. Obama is physically attractive, who cares if you get guaranteed one on one face time for cutting his OFA a $500K check.

Obama is a transparent straight shooter. Who cares if he lies about his mother's death for political gain and continues to lie when caught in it.

Obama will end torture, because it is morally wrong and UnAmerican and Bush has dragged this country down. There is nothing wrong with Obama using rendition to have others torture for us.
Who said anything about Bush in this thread?
Certainly not me.
But since you brought him up (over and over and over again it seems), let me know when Obama's approval rating gets down to that of Bush when he left office will ya?

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2014, 07:00 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,290,996 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Who said anything about Bush in this thread?
Certainly not me.
But since you brought him up (over and over and over again it seems), let me know when Obama's approval rating gets down to that of Bush when he left office will ya?

Ken
It's already there for the most part. Try and keep up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2014, 07:06 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,868 posts, read 22,719,590 times
Reputation: 7167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
It's already there for the most part. Try and keep up.
Not even close.
Try and remain in the REAL world rather than the wingnut twilight zone.

Presidential Approval Rating Highs and Lows

In fact, Obama's "low point" approval rating is the highest such "low point" of any President in 50 years.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2014, 07:11 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,664,057 times
Reputation: 18036
Putin got what he wanted it seems ;at least for now thinking back at Georgia. The allies basic have conceded Crimea to Russia. Romneyy in that debate comes out looking good; and Obama not ready for primetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2014, 07:35 PM
 
16,682 posts, read 9,060,505 times
Reputation: 6741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Who said anything about Bush in this thread?
Certainly not me.
But since you brought him up (over and over and over again it seems), let me know when Obama's approval rating gets down to that of Bush when he left office will ya?

Ken
I brought him up and that is what we have been arguing.

Obama is a fraud. Hope and Change was BS.

Obama supporters are frauds. Most of them blasted Bush with a laundry list of points and then quickly excuse Obama endorsing that same laundry list through his actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2014, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,701 posts, read 1,886,283 times
Reputation: 1126
Listening to Obama lately would really be amusing if he wasn't the U.S. President. Did he really mock Russia in a speech today by saying that Russia is weak? It's also amusing to watch near bankrupt governments pretend that they will be calling the shots for the next century and continue to act as if they are colonial powers and care not if they alienate and antagonize those that are about to overtake them.

Other than diplomatically fail by verbally mocking Russia, he followed it up by saying the U.S. does not resort to military force to apply influence to foreign countries. What a joke! The U.S. has invaded hundreds of countries to try and make them behave in a way that Washington desires. The U.S. is the preeminent example of a government that meddles in other countries and initiates war. Does the U.S. not support several hundred military bases on foreign soil and spend tens of billions of dollars every year occupying foreign lands? What complete hypocrisy. Maybe many Americans are fooled, but you can believe that no one overseas is fooled or amused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2014, 12:00 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,868 posts, read 22,719,590 times
Reputation: 7167
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I brought him up and that is what we have been arguing.

Obama is a fraud. Hope and Change was BS.

Obama supporters are frauds. Most of them blasted Bush with a laundry list of points and then quickly excuse Obama endorsing that same laundry list through his actions.
You mean as opposed to those wingnuts who blast Obama for the very things they endorsed under Bush?


Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 03-26-2014 at 12:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:49 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top