U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:56 AM
bUU

11,907 posts, read 8,620,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
So you are advocating that it is okay for police to do what they do in killing citizens ?
There are clear and reasonable parameters for police actions of this sort. When police follow the rules, it is the fair and just administration of civil protection. Even if you don't like it. Your petulant antipathy for being expected to abide by the duly established legal authority of society is "garbage".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 03:18 AM

1,404 posts, read 864,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Worse than a weapon would be a middle finger, right?
That's been done... on a bus!

Check these military police state murders:

They fkn shot a man in his bed... justified as a threat?
Cops Shoot Man in Bed, Shooting Ruled Justified:

Bystanders shot because man wielded his finger:
Two bystanders struck by NYPD cops opening fire on suspect near Times Square - NY Daily News

These cops shot a guy in the back:
New Mexico Police Under Fire After Video Shows Officers Shooting Homeless Man In The Back | JONATHAN TURLEY

asswads

Cops shoot teen because he's wielding a lethal Wii controller:
Cop Shoots Teen Holding Wii Controller In His Own Home | Techdirt

asswipes

The militarization of the LEOs is to blame for all this shoot first sort later attitudes. The old time cop are afraid of what they call the "video game generation" cops who tend to have no remorse or conscience with regards to their violent reaction.

welcome to the new world

"Protect and Serve" not so much these days

Old 04-03-2014, 03:19 AM

26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMMZiyR-wxc

More lovely police at work. Amazing, do we still live in America? Really?
He got screwed but he's not very smart for allowing the search. Never answer yes when asked to be searched. Don't answer questions after being pulled over.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:11 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,388,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
There are clear and reasonable parameters for police actions of this sort. When police follow the rules, it is the fair and just administration of civil protection. Even if you don't like it. Your petulant antipathy for being expected to abide by the duly established legal authority of society is "garbage".

So are you saying that what these cops did was correct and right on the cops end?

Old 04-03-2014, 06:15 AM
bUU

Quote:
So are you saying that what these cops did was correct and right on the cops end?
If you find yourself unable to post a reply to what I actually said, then don't reply at all.

What I am saying is what's in the messages I posted, not some inanely dumbing-down or corruption of it, that you would care to execute, just to give you something you're capable of arguing against.

Now... Try to post a legitimate reply:

Old 04-03-2014, 06:21 AM

Police never follow rules, they arent here to protect anyone but themselves. They are scumbags , is that clear for ya ?

Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 AM
bUU

Quote:
Police never follow rules
So after I called you out on making up stuff to reply to, instead of replying to the comment you quoted, you decide to try to save face by posting inanely ridiculous generalizations that reflect a commitment to ignoring truth in the interest of trying to defend your indefensible contention.

Quote:
they arent here to protect anyone but themselves. They are scumbags , is that clear for ya ?
The inconsequential nature of the comments you've made is indeed very clear.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:27 AM

bUU- Whatever makes you sleep better at night right ? Im not saving face , im giving my opinion just like you did. Im allowed free speech. Thanks !

Old 04-03-2014, 06:30 AM
bUU

Quote:
bUU- Whatever makes you sleep better at night right ?
Actually, what it is about is keeping the scurrilous nature of what you're trying to express in its proper context, i.e., highlighting how illegitimate it is.

Quote:
Im not saving face , im giving my opinion just like you did. Im allowed free speech. Thanks !
And I have no problem with that. And you should have no problem with me giving my opinion, even when it effectively repudiates yours.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Actually, what it is about is keeping the scurrilous nature of what you're trying to express in its proper context, i.e., highlighting how illegitimate it is.

And I have no problem with that. And you should have no problem with me giving my opinion, even when it effectively repudiates yours.

And that is why we have opinions but dont demand i post something legitimate because YOU feel it is not legitimate and try to make yourself look like something you are not. Move on with life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies