Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:49 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

As usual with today's half-assed reporters, not enough information in the story to have readers form an opinion. Here are two the reporter should have checked out:

Was he on government property that requires a security clearance? Where I live, they can shoot to kill a person who comes on land where there is a particular government facility.

Why were so many police in an isolated area to begin with? What brought them to the location? Certainly not a homeless man camping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 06:51 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times
Clearly, cops make up their own rules as they go. They know that there is rarely prosecution when they execute someone, even if that person is unarmed, or crippled, or even asleep! They clearly state on cop forums, etc that their goal is to go home after their shift! Cops look down on American citizens. They take up for each other and have no problem excusing and rationalizing the most heinous crimes committed by other cops. But let a citizen say something about it and their standard reply is "you weren't there. You don't know".

It's past time for the thin blue line of cowards to be taken to task for their crimes against Americans. If their goal is to make it home, I say just keep your cowardly ass home! If that doesn't happen, then let them be carried home on stretchers.

And for the morons that think that police brutality is ok and that anybody that speaks out is a cop hater (how original) I say the cops are as bad or worse than any other gang in America. Real men can take care of themselves. In 70 years I've never called a cop and won't. I can see no reason to have a cop show up after the fact to take a report and act tough unless there is a police report needed.

Cops are tactical cowards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Police never follow rules, they arent here to protect anyone but themselves. They are scumbags , is that clear for ya ?

Old 04-03-2014, 07:04 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Do you have any examples?

And why would you NOT want to hear about a story like this???!!!!
There are example plenty on this forum. All YOU have to do is look them up.

I have NO problem with prosecuting Police officers who do wrong.

I DO have a problem with the many posts by the OP who decides ALL cops are guilty WITHOUT knowing or willfully ignoring, the facts.

He is Judge , jury and executioner, usually BEFORE ANY investigation has concluded.

He has a REAL problem with the police.

Look at what he said in his opening. he even posted a link. Do you think he even read his own link?

From the link, "“Actually if you watch the video tape, all the less than lethal devices were in fact deployed. It was when the canine officer was down directing the canine dog that the suspect pulled out the two knives and directed a threat to the canine officer who had no weapons drawn. He was handling the dog,” Chief Eden said.

Remember this incident has ALREADY been investigated and the police officers were found to have acted properly.

Did the OP ignore his OWN link and judges them guilty even though he was NOT there, was NOT part of the investigation and has NO information the authorities have.

Again, if AFTER an investigation is conducted and the officers are found guilty of wrongdoing, I am all for just punishment.

I am NOT going to claim ALL officers are guilty BEFORE any investigation is done.

And I certainly am NOT going to make asinine accusations AFTER an investigation finds them NOT GUILTY.

I hope you see the difference.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:33 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He got screwed but he's not very smart for allowing the search. Never answer yes when asked to be searched. Don't answer questions after being pulled over.
This is very sound advise and certainly within your rights, BUT, did you know that during traffic stops, when LE asks to search your vehicle and the motorist refuses, that the search is completed nearly 93% of the time anyhow?

Another stat that shows an example of LE abuse in this country. I should be able to go about my day after a citation for a "seat belt" violation without having my person and vehicle strip searched.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:01 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
From the link, "“Actually if you watch the video tape, all the less than lethal devices were in fact deployed. It was when the canine officer was down directing the canine dog that the suspect pulled out the two knives and directed a threat to the canine officer who had no weapons drawn. He was handling the dog,” Chief Eden said.

Remember this incident has ALREADY been investigated and the police officers were found to have acted properly.

The problem is, who did the investigating? And by what standard are these people held?

My question is, do you think the police acted properly? Do you really believe all non-lethal devices were employed prior to him being shot to death? Do you really believe that if you had been in their shoes, you would have done the same thing?

I mean seriously, if you watch the video. This is what happens. The guy says "You said we were walking out of here" as he is packing up his stuff. Then he says "You don't have to worry about safety, I'm no murderer." Then a few seconds later with his hands full of his bags, they shoot a flashbang at him, and send in the dog which bit his hand. So he pulls out two knives and supposedly threatens the dog handler(which you cannot hear in the video). And as he begins to turn his back to the police(which I assume wouldn't be threatening to anyone), they shoot him.

In all honesty, I could possibly side with the police if two conditions had been met. Either A) If they hadn't shot him in the back. Or B) If they had actually deployed non-lethal devices beforehand.

No beanbags or tasers were fired prior to the rifles going off. And I don't even know what in the hell the dog was supposed to do, other than frighten the guy.

As someone mentioned before, the police don't have an obligation to protect anyone but themselves. The only thing a policeman thinks about when he goes to work, is going home at the end of his shift. He simply doesn't care about you or me or anyone else if they don't benefit him. He isn't special, he isn't a hero, he is just doing a job. He is security for hire. He is a mercenary. To believe anything else is completely delusional. You must hold the police to exactly the same standard you would anyone else.

The question is, would the average rational person have shot this man in the back under the circumstances in the video? If not, then it is wrong, period. I don't care what branch of the government supposedly did an investigation and cleared the police. I don't care what supposed rules the corrupt police and politicians make for themselves. Our legal system is based on common-law. Common-law is based on what a rational human-being would find acceptable. If a rational person would not find this acceptable, then it is not acceptable.

Why don't you create a poll asking whether or not the average person would have shot this man if they had been holding a rifle. I highly highly highly doubt a majority of sane people would have shot this man in the back like the police did. And if I am wrong, I will stop posting in these forums.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
like so many of these videos, we only know what we see on them, without really being there or hearing the entire story. We see a video, we hear what a couple or reporters had to say, we don't even know if they checked out their facts.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:10 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
like so many of these videos, we only know what we see on them, without really being there or hearing the entire story. We see a video, we hear what a couple or reporters had to say, we don't even know if they checked out their facts.
There are a few other videos floating around that you can hear what they are saying to each other way more clear. This video footage is from the police , how much facts do you want? They carry audio/video

Old 04-04-2014, 04:07 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
This is very sound advise and certainly within your rights, BUT, did you know that during traffic stops, when LE asks to search your vehicle and the motorist refuses, that the search is completed nearly 93% of the time anyhow?

Another stat that shows an example of LE abuse in this country. I should be able to go about my day after a citation for a "seat belt" violation without having my person and vehicle strip searched.
93 percent? This doesn't sound right. Where did you get this figure?

Old 04-05-2014, 06:10 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
93 percent? This doesn't sound right. Where did you get this figure?
Police try to do whatever they want.

When I knew my rights, and resisted a search, the puled me out of the vehicle and attempted to beat me.

Pigs will be pics.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:49 AM

10,748 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Police try to do whatever they want.

When I knew my rights, and resisted a search, the puled me out of the vehicle and attempted to beat me.

Pigs will be pics.
What did you do to resist the search?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies