U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 06:30 PM

569 posts, read 539,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I think our current President has over taken him.. If not yet, he is quite close.. such ends the experiment of electing a President based on skin color and not intellectual ability or experience.
Ditto Brother, Ditto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 06:36 PM

6,585 posts, read 6,796,844 times
I don't think Carter is so much of an idiot as he is a bitter old man...who squandered his presidency by being perceived by the world as weak...I think he is also a dangerous and disloyal to our country...but thankfully has been out of the loop and marginalized for years...

Old 03-25-2014, 06:39 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,206,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The guy is a complete embarrassment.
Yes. Yes you are.
Sorry you failed to comprehend what he was talking about.
Doesn't surprise me.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:49 PM

26,623 posts, read 11,152,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
What he stands for is infinitely superior to the entire Conservative ideology and he is far and away superior to any Conservative.

People hailing from a party which shoved Bush down our throats, are in no position to say who is an "idiot", having demonstrated such lousy judgment and instincts. Bush universally recognized as the worst President in history, a man "frighteningly ignorant." He doesn't belong in the same conversation as Jimmy Carter.

I'm honored that the great Jimmy Carter is still among us.
Your post makes no sense. (I know business as usual) He stood for deregulation which is what conservatives want.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:41 PM

9,237 posts, read 10,866,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Carter was always anti-abortion. He didn't necessarily make it a campaign issue though.
Personally, yes. Politically, no.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:46 PM

11,617 posts, read 5,906,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Personally, yes. Politically, no.
This is Libertarian.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:04 AM

13,904 posts, read 11,448,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Thank you for posting. Probably would have missed the interview otherwise. Sounds like his new book is a worthwhile read.

I thought he did a very good job describing the issues he is currently working on. It appears to have a good understanding the situations.

As for the "missing children", did you really not understand that he was talking about female fetuses that were aborted simply for the desire to have male children? How this gender selection process is creating societies with way more men than women?
Of course I understood. It's exactly what he said. And even after he said it in response to the equally dumb look on Letterman's face, it was still a really stupid thing to say.

No matter how you dice it and try to rationalize it as being smart, it was stupid. I don't know anything about his IQ. If it's indeed the highest of any president, it's merely proof that high IQ doesn't make for a good leader.

And I voted for him! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your post makes no sense. (I know business as usual) He stood for deregulation which is what conservatives want.
OMG, does the person you're addressing think this thread is about Bush? Why am I not surprised. Thank God for the ig button!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I don't think Carter is so much of an idiot as he is a bitter old man...who squandered his presidency by being perceived by the world as weak...I think he is also a dangerous and disloyal to our country...but thankfully has been out of the loop and marginalized for years...
Yes, your description is more accurate than mine.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:57 AM

7,465 posts, read 3,947,918 times
Quote:
Of course I understood. It's exactly what he said. And even after he said it in response to the equally dumb look on Letterman's face, it was still a really stupid thing to say.

No matter how you dice it and try to rationalize it as being smart, it was stupid. I don't know anything about his IQ. If it's indeed the highest of any president, it's merely proof that high IQ doesn't make for a good leader.

And I voted for him! lol

OMG, does the person you're addressing think this thread is about Bush? Why am I not surprised. Thank God for the ig button!

Yes, your description is more accurate than mine.
Its not stupid. Carter was addressing a real issue.

China's population: The most surprising demographic crisis | The Economist

In addition to skewing the country's age distribution, the one-child policy has probably exacerbated its dire gender imbalance. Many more baby boys are born in China than baby girls. China is not unique in this; other countries, notably India, have encountered similar problems without coercive population controls. But Chinese officials do not dispute that the one-child policy has played a role. China's strong cultural imperative for male offspring has led many families to do whatever they must to ensure that their one permissible child is a son. In the earliest days of the one-child policy, this sometimes meant female infanticide. As ultrasound technology spread, sex-selective abortions became widespread.
The new census data show that little progress is being made to counter this troubling trend. Among newborns, there were more than 118 boys for every 100 girls in 2010. This marks a slight increase over the 2000 level, and implies that, in about 20 or 25 years' time, there will not be enough brides for almost a fifth of today's baby boys—with the potentially vast destabilising consequences that could have.

Carter was pointing out, with examples, that the destabilizing consequences of this trend are already occurring.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:32 AM

11,617 posts, read 5,906,938 times
Why didn't the stupid Chinese go all the way on reason, and run genderless population control?

Damned communists couldn't break themselves from gender authority.

What kind of communism is that!

Fat Mao was afraid of women.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:35 AM

23,860 posts, read 11,857,107 times
Quote:
He's on Letterman tonight. He thinks aborted fetuses are "missing children".

Then he goes on a tangent about female genitals and some kind of worms.

Oh, and global warming.

The guy is a complete embarrassment.

I'll find the YouTube tomorrow. I'm sure it will be up by then.
Obama is younger and despite how well-spoken and clean you may be, Carter comes in 2nd to Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or