Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 12:48 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Law & Order SVU has obviously shown us that the Strip Joint owners were into illegal businesses and wouldn't give any good info to the cops so the cops push em around a bit until they help out.
What do you mean by push them around and what does it have to do with this particular situation?

Also, who's "pushing" the cops around about all of their illegal dealings

This is the only situation I know of where the employees are above the employers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 12:54 PM

679 posts, read 614,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
What do you mean by push them around and what does it have to do with this particular situation?

Also, who's "pushing" the cops around about all of their illegal dealings

This is the only situation I know of where the employees are above the employers.
So I figured the and the fact that I was talking about Law & Order episodes would have precluded the need for something more obvious to point out I was kidding

But really though any time there's an SVU episode with a strip club in it they always do stuff like this so the owners tell them what the mob/terrorist/bad guy is up to so they can get their business back to normal.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:22 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
So I figured the and the fact that I was talking about Law & Order episodes would have precluded the need for something more obvious to point out I was kidding

But really though any time there's an SVU episode with a strip club in it they always do stuff like this so the owners tell them what the mob/terrorist/bad guy is up to so they can get their business back to normal.
Sorry bout that missed the sarcasm. And I'm a History/Politics nerd, don't watch much tv or tune in to pop culture.

Honest mistake

Seems like there's millions of them on the road raising revenue, but when it comes to actually doing Police work their either no where to be found or incompetent.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:11 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
I love the anti-LE attitude. F the police, until you need one and fought to have half of them fired and you have a 30-minute response time. Seems like so many people hate the cops until they need one, or want them to raid a certain business they don't care for.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:23 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I love the anti-LE attitude. F the police, until you need one and fought to have half of them fired and you have a 30-minute response time. Seems like so many people hate the cops until they need one, or want them to raid a certain business they don't care for.
You are not even close to understanding this thread.

Yes, we don't need cops to raid a strip club with guns drawn and spend hours photographing the employees. We don't need government to license strippers. If that's "anti LE" then so be it.

Maybe you need to learn how to distinguish between good LE and bad LE, and between wasted LE resources and useful LE resources.

Wasted LE resources: raiding strip clubs, arresting people for prostitution and smoking pot. Shutting down lemon aid stands. Busting down doors in hopes of finding somebody with pot. etc, etc.

Useful LE resources: Arresting people for theft, murder, assault, robbery, etc, etc.

Get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies