U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 04:28 AM

6,868 posts, read 3,949,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No one does. Optimally, it would go away completely if society would fulfill its obligation and provide access to all to jobs that allow them to pay their own way and secure their own future.

Thanks for your comment.
There is access, but one needs to be qualified to work at a job that provides a living wage. You cannot expect an employer to ruin his business hiring someone who is not qualified. Also, I advocate changing the welfare system to emphasize education/training, it should be required if one is to collect anything other than food from the system. The way it is now, they pay single mothers more if they have more kids, so they pump out a child every 9 months until they have enough children to provide mom with a comfortable life style, and some seem quite content with this existence.
You know the old saying, "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime"

Old 03-28-2014, 04:32 AM

1,305 posts, read 1,320,335 times
Here are the data regarding people who receive welfare.

Characteristics and Financial Circumstances of TANF Recipients, Fiscal Year 2010 | Office of Family Assistance | Administration for Children and Families

Now that you guys have something more tangible than just pulling numbers out of your asses, discuss.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Why can't we be angry about both?
You know, it's really different when it's just an idea to people like you and people like me have to see the fraud and crap every single day. Y'all's problem is you think it's just a few people ruining it for everyone. Quite the opposite. Quite the opposite.

Not one person here opposes helping people who TRULY need it and I am sure MANY if not ALL of us have given out of our own pockets (or do so regularly). You argument is just silly - we all care about those who can't help themselves. But that's really not who we're talking about and the numbers are HUGE.
Exactly, this thread happens to be about welfare, if you want to discuss cutting foreign aid or military spending, then start a thread about it.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
Republicans and libertarians are the real parasites.
All of the Republicans and libertarians I know work and contribute to the system, the only parasites I know, are all Democrats.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Really? No. REALLY. Do you? For more then 5 years?

Welfare is not a long term forever thing now you know. RIGHT? You know this right? That it has a 5 year limit for the vast majority of states.

Oh wait...no your confusing the 20th century with the 21st century.
Not if you have kids.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:38 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,855,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
If you continue wolfing down cheap WalMart smoked ham which is chock fiull of chemicals, salt and high fructose sugar and the sam for Sam's brand soup or Campbell's brand , you are on an expressway to diabettes ,cardiovascular disease and all their wonderful complications. On average you will need to pay from 15-30,000 dollars in medical expenses with those chronic health problems, 100,000-300,000 if you progress to kidney failure, need a heart replacement or get macular eye degeneration (blindness).
Quit using "You". Those folks will be on Medicaid and "We" will be paying for the 15-300,000 dollars in medical expenses.

Not to mention, if they get sick enough, they will be applying for additional welfare and "We" will be paying for that too.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:17 AM

6,111 posts, read 5,080,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Quit using "You". Those folks will be on Medicaid and "We" will be paying for the 15-300,000 dollars in medical expenses.

Not to mention, if they get sick enough, they will be applying for additional welfare and "We" will be paying for that too.

Of course we will be paying for these bills when they have crushed the economic life out of Americans whose number come up on the unhealth sweepsstakes that all Americans are playing! The fact that nearly 1/3 of our citizens are on the road to expensive chronic health problems must terrify you. The fact that it will suck a little of your precious money out of yor pocket is freightening, eh. Well go on in your inward looking, thougthtless, greed based paradym, the World will be overwhelming it soon enough.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:24 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,167,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't get what the OP's experience at Walmart (a place he generally NEVER goes to but....lol) has to do with welfare.
Was everyone flashing their welfare cards or something? Sounds like he just saw a bunch of people and cheap food and decided to rant.

I generally don't shop at Walmart either because I don't like big superstores, but they opened a Neighborhood Market near me and now I use the pharmacy there. They do have cheaper prices on a lot of things so I've bought stuff there myself.

As I posted, was running late after a 16 hour day at work. That morning was the start of my youngest daughter's birthday, her 15th.Grabbed a few things. I work out of town(Class 1 Railroad), I'd already been out of town the last 2 days, trying to catch up and spend some quality time with my children.
Foriegn concept, right?
Excuse me for imposing on your food stamp sanctuary, all of this is Delta Airlines fault.
Or mine, for having a focking job.
Walmart is disgusting, end of story

Old 03-28-2014, 05:57 PM

30,704 posts, read 33,502,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
As I posted, was running late after a 16 hour day at work. That morning was the start of my youngest daughter's birthday, her 15th.Grabbed a few things. I work out of town(Class 1 Railroad), I'd already been out of town the last 2 days, trying to catch up and spend some quality time with my children.
Foriegn concept, right?
Excuse me for imposing on your food stamp sanctuary, all of this is Delta Airlines fault.
Or mine, for having a focking job.
Walmart is disgusting, end of story
What does your personal life have to do with welfare?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:17 PM

39,322 posts, read 20,390,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What does your personal life have to do with welfare?
He is away from his kids "working" long hours to support his family but then he has to pay to support people on welfare too. That's what his personal life has to do with welfare.

No self respecting hard working American can have any respect for what anyone living in the food stamp sanctuary has to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies