U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 10:53 AM

2,665 posts, read 1,967,896 times

Advertisements

Petch751, I don't care if any politician has an R or D next to their name. I always check their record & vote accordingly, so I agree with you.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:56 AM

424 posts, read 498,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You know better than that. If you are telling the truth and been on welfare for one month and actively looking for a job then it's not an issue as long as you continue to "really look" and do land a job within a short time. If you are lying you stop trying to defend parasitism. You know damn well that people who make it a way of life are parasites. Now stop with the BS which ever it would be.
You need better comprehension skills. I didn't defend "parasitism," I was defending myself. You and others who make blanket statements against people who are on welfare nee are disgusting.

I did, however, land a high paying job that I'll surely be paying a big fat amount of taxes with after doing army tours over seas and coming home to endure the stupidity of government handling my paperwork, and I for one am not going to sit online all day discussing "parasites" and scolding people.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:58 AM

39,329 posts, read 20,396,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Reading the different posts on how people have been lead to believe of those who for varies reasons have become poor in our economy amazes & sickens me.

Many have become poor due to a variety of reasons, mostly because they are now working 2 or even 3 min wage jobs that don't pay them enough so they are still eligible for food stamps.

You who name call should walk in their shoes for a month & hang your head in shame.
Those who are poor mostly lived for today and did not do anything to better their skills to increase their marketability and pay rates. Nor did they educate themselves on personal finance. They are living with the results of their efforts or in their case, lack of efforts. For those who did plan and take action for a better future, it is not their fault those who are poor did not.

There are so many reasons people are poor but most of the reasons are their own fault. Does that mean that it isn't sad, no, but what it means is no one can legislate your prosperity.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
You need better comprehension skills. I didn't defend "parasitism," I was defending myself. You and others who make blanket statements against people who are on welfare nee are disgusting.

I did, however, land a high paying job that I'll surely be paying a big fat amount of taxes with after doing army tours over seas and coming home to endure the stupidity of government handling my paperwork, and I for one am not going to sit online all day discussing "parasites" and scolding people.
and stay safe.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
There are parasites among all economic classes. That's not BS. Human nature. I'm sure you know that, so who's the one BSing here?
I don't recall defending any class of parasite so yes you are correct, there are parasites among all classes. The key is to be smart enough not to let either class of parasite take you for a ride.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:07 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,337,402 times
Quote:
Yes you are correct, there are parasites among all classes. The key is to be smart enough not to let either class of parasite take you for a ride.
Understanding that each of us gets taken for a ride from time to time is key to becoming a well-adjusted adult.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Understanding that each of us gets taken for a ride from time to time is key to becoming a well-adjusted adult.
I agree. But, why throw in the towel and let them continue taking you for a ride? Are you against stoping one of the classes taking the American people for a ride?

Old 04-05-2014, 11:10 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,337,402 times
Quote:
lol, you must not agreed with what I said so your first reaction is to attack me personally. Personal attack noted and reported.
I'm not attacking you, petch. Quite the opposite. Not wanting to sound arrogant, I'll leave you to figure it out.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
I'm not attacking you, petch. Quite the opposite. Not wanting to sound arrogant, I'll leave you to figure it out.
And your opinion of me personally matters why?

We were discussing how there are parasites of all classes and if a party knows you are owned by them they won't work for you and you changed the subject with a personal attack. Was there a problem with the statements I made or am I to acknowledge only one class of parasite?

Old 04-05-2014, 11:14 AM

6,657 posts, read 6,429,090 times
This discussion of classism really makes me sad, might as well be racism. Because classism has replaced racism these days.

Whats sad is i believe in welfare reform and people learning to fish per sa. But it really depresses me when welfare reform is only focused on poor people. Those lyches, those bums etc etc. Because tomorrow if you got rid of all the poor people on welfare. We would still have a problem. Because the poor isn't the only ones at the feeding bin.

In the last few years our economy has done awsome for the top 10% of our country. Profits the last few years has soared, making up for the losses and then some of the last economic depression. Never have we seen higher profits for shareholders. But some companies want to make this profit by paying below living wages and even encourage there employees to get government assistance to balance the lack of pay. In essence another form of welfare. These same people only want to pay 4% in tax rates and also want local governments.

Next post please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies