U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 11:34 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,291,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You see sidney, ^^^ is the type of people others "want" to help, yes, both democrat AND republican. Yet because people are fed up with the people who make welfare a way of life then demand more we are demonized for daring to be fed up.
How many people do you know who make welfare a way of life?

Old 04-05-2014, 11:35 AM

6,657 posts, read 6,390,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
Classism has replaced racism in terms of social burden and those on the lower end of the pay scale tend to take the brunt of pressure as opposed to the way of the old with race and ethnicity.

It's quite complex, but simple all the same, depending on how you decide to look at. I'm not talking the poor who take advantage of welfare and government allotments, btw, and I'm assuming the same for the person you quoted.
Exactly Mahalo. Racism is still here in our American society but its more based on class the anything. For example, your more likely to get pulled over being a minority driving a beatup honda, then a minority driving a brand new mercedes.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 AM

39,086 posts, read 20,179,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
@petch751

Im not talking politics or a politician. We are nieve to believe that one person (obama, bush etc etc) can fix our issues. Our government is a reflection of our society. Our government and politicians can't get away with what isn't acceptable in our society on an individual level. Nixon was an example of that. Point being we need to stop blaming any president. Because he just isn't all uber powerful.
yes, I agree, a president is a reflection of our society but as you see, presidents can set the tone of the country and Obama set a tone of warfare within our own boundaries? He used the desperation of the poor to attack a group of people who are not uber rich, a place where you and I can reach. You do know the difference between high income and wealth right? The difference between the 1% and the 0.01% right?

Do you really think that people who are really rich would support a president who threatens to take more of their money? Think about it.

A president is supposed to be a president for "all" the people regardless of party.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
And your opinion of me personally matters why?
It matters as much as your opinion of so-called welfare queens does. In another words, not at all.

Quote:
We were discussing how there are parasites of all classes and if a party knows you are owned by them they won't work for you and you changed the subject with a personal attack. Was there a problem with the statements I made or am I to acknowledge only one class of parasite?
I was giving you advice, petch. It wasn't an attack. I may be wrong about you. Don't know. What I'm sick of is people who spend all day on the internet whining about other people they don't know, and have never met. That's what I'm talking about. Get out there...see the world type of thing.

Just because someone has a credit card and a cellphone does not mean she is a welfare cheat or lazy. She may have a $500 limit on the credit card. The cell phone may cost $20 a month. Regardless, it's her life. Leave her alone.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
It matters as much as your opinion of so-called welfare queens does. In another words, not at all.

I was giving you advice, petch. It wasn't an attack. I may be wrong about you. Don't know. What I'm sick of is people who spend all day on the internet whining about other people they don't know, and have never met. That's what I'm talking about. Get out there...see the world type of thing.

Just because someone has a credit card and a cellphone does not mean she is a welfare cheat or lazy. She may have a $500 limit on the credit card. The cell phone may cost $20 a month. Regardless, it's her life. Leave her alone.
That's funny. It seems that liberals do a lot of complaining about other people "they don't know". If you are going to make statements look in the mirror first.

And when the government leave me alone is when I will leave others alone. What? did you expect to attack people but they wouldn't have anything to say about it?

Old 04-05-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
That's funny. It seems that liberals do a lot of complaining about other people "they don't know". If you are going to make statements look in the mirror first.
Why the term liberal, petch? I'm not a liberal, but it doesn't matter. You obviously operate from within a box of your own creation. Again, get out of the house. See the world. It's not that scary, really.

My complaints are based on evidence. Right here. Your words. Your complaints are based on what, exactly?

Old 04-05-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
And when the government leave me alone is when I will leave others alone.
What's the government doing to you, petch? Cry me a river. Regardless, why would you take it out on innocent people who are doing the same thing as the rest of us: trying to get by.
Quote:
What? did you expect to attack people but they wouldn't have anything to say about it?
Get over your bad self, petch. I'm not attacking you, and neither is the government.

You haven't answered my question. How many people do you know who make welfare a way of life?

Old 04-05-2014, 11:56 AM

6,657 posts, read 6,390,093 times
@nvxplorer

I can't tell you who to be angry with etc, thats not my place. But the middle class has been talking in the beep because of the trickle down economic model not welfare. At first the ideal of the trickle down economic model made sense, the more money the rich or corporations have the more they would give or spread around. May have been true when it startted but not today. Not since before the last great depression have we seen such a inequality in pay. Since about 79 to know the pay for middle class and poor has fallen but the pay for the top 15% has risen 30x. The point being before the trickle down economic model a healthy economy was you paid your middle class and poor workers a good wage because they are the majority, in return they buy more goods, in return brings more profits in sales for corporations, thus they hire more employees who then turn around and pay even more tax income to government, who in return fund programs that educate or produce a strong workforce.

Continued on next post

Old 04-05-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What's the government doing to you, petch? Cry me a river. Regardless, why would you take it out on innocent people who are doing the same thing as the rest of us: trying to get by.

Get over your bad self, petch. I'm not attacking you, and neither is the government.

You haven't answered my question. How many people do you know who make welfare a way of life?
ya, everyone thinks its all about making more money when really it's about build wealth that creates cash flow. When you put money away for retirement you are doing that, hoping to create cash flow in your later years. When you make more money government takes more from you making it harder for you to build your wealth / cash flow.

I knew a girl who was on welfare for years (about 10) until Clinton came along and made her get a job. She had a real reality check. I remember when she was collecting welfare and we were hit with a snow storm, my mil worried about us kids getting home safely, welfare girls said... "now what fool would be out there in that snow" to which mil replied, "those fools out there working to support your fat ass, now get out".

The daughter unmarried with child, living on welfare and with mom, boyfriend also on welfare cohabiting.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:07 PM

2,777 posts, read 3,013,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
What about those who got very moral christian parents? My boyfriend was kicked out of the house when he was 15 because he was gay. Without the social programs, he wouldn't have lasted a day.
This is is anyone elses problem...how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies