U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 08:06 PM

39,257 posts, read 20,356,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I'm done discussing economics with you, petch. Educate yourself...or keep thinking only the rich man gives you a job. Makes no difference to me.
no, I didn't wait for a rich man to give me a job. Maybe the people who are bi*ching about the rich yet look to them for a job should find a poor man to give them a job or try starting a business. Maybe Obama and Liz will help them "build that".

Old 04-05-2014, 08:07 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,329,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Again, this kind of attitude annoys me. and I have been polite.
Don't get annoyed. Not worth it. This isn't an attitude; it's reality. Your reality may be different, but everyone has unique circumstances.

I hope I didn't come off as disrespectful, because that wasn't my intent. What exactly annoys you, lilyflower?

As to your edit, we can point to abuse anywhere. Should we dismantle corporations because of Enron and Tyco, and numerous other examples? I think not. Try to be more positive. Looking for the negative will age you beyond your years.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:10 PM

33,280 posts, read 20,098,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
no, I didn't wait for a rich man to give me a job. Maybe the people who are bi*ching about the rich and can't find a job should try starting a business.
America's Real Welfare Queens are the big corporations, like apples, Facebook, and such.

Doesn't mean we don't have the welfare abuse issues. Democrats will never admit it because they need their votes.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:12 PM

33,280 posts, read 20,098,412 times
Quote:
Don't get annoyed. Not worth it. This isn't an attitude; it's reality. Your reality may be different, but everyone has unique circumstances.

I hope I didn't come off as disrespectful, because that wasn't my intent. What exactly annoys you, lilyflower?
What really annoys me is this

$526/month is really a moderate budget.

Well, it might be moderate if your whole family of three eat like fat dudes, but it is still free money nobody has given to me. Be grateful that government gives you that money. Don't complain about it.

Some of these people still believe that they deserve more. That annoys me

As for age beyond my years no need to worry, I look like I am still 17 or 18 and I eat healthy and I am an exceptional swimmer. So no worries in that dept.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
America's Real Welfare Queens are the big corporations, like apples, Facebook, and such.

Doesn't mean we don't have the welfare abuse issues. Democrats will never admit it because they need their votes.
Yep, welfare queens at the top and at the bottom as the middle, people trying their hardest to make good gets squeezed. Democrats want more welfare queens at the bottom, they are cheap votes. They will continue to make more poor and open the borders.. again, more votes.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
What really annoys me is this

Well, it might be moderate if your whole family of three eat like fat dudes, but it is still free money nobody has given to me. Be grateful that government gives you that money. Don't complain about it.

As for age beyond my years no need to worry, I look like I am still 17 or 18 and I eat healthy and I am an exceptional swimmer. So no worries in that dept.
ding, ding, ding... lilyflower says it like it is and a hell of a lot of people agree.

Free money
Be grateful
Don't complain

But some people want more. Welfare is not meant to be a life of luxury

Now if we could also stop politicians from buying people at the top and at the bottom, the middle class could keep some of their money and live a better life.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:21 PM

6,657 posts, read 6,421,673 times
@lilyflower3191981

What makes you think i don't agree with you lily? I agree with welfare reform, i agree there are people who abuse it, and they need to be reported. I just disagree that the answer to our budget problems is the bum getting foodstamps and wont work. I think its more complicated then that. This is why i bring up corperate welfare and anything else is because it took more then one torpedo to sink our ship.

I agree with you, i eat on 180 mth myself. I can tell you horror stories of guys and gals selling there ebt cards for money to buy drugs. But they are not the majority. Im for welfare reform, except im for a welfare reform that makes people sit down with a worker and workout a plan of action to overcome poverty, if its get treatment for drug addiction then fine, if its going to college to learn a skill or trade then fine, or whatever obstacle then work on it. If the guy or gal isn't working to solve there issue then cut them.

But the welfare reform we have is just cut funding nothing more

Old 04-05-2014, 08:22 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,329,713 times
Quote:
What really annoys is this

Do you have children, lilyflower? Feeding a growing child is not cheap. I don't know anyone who would think $500 is a lot for a family of three. What should we do? Force people to live on potatoes and cheese? That's not a healthy environment for raising children.

Quote:
Well, it might be moderate if your whole family of three eat like fat dudes,
What do you eat? Maybe you should invest time in helping poor people shop more efficiently. That would beat getting annoyed.
Quote:
but it is still free money nobody has given to me. Be grateful that government gives you that money. Don't complain about it.
Who's complaining? Anyone who is, can and should be ignored. Again, that beats getting yourself worked up over someone else's issues.

Quote:
See above. You are a bright, educated young woman. I'd be proud to have you as a neighbor. As you mature, you will discover that these little annoyances melt away.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
@lilyflower3191981

What makes you think i don't agree with you lily? I agree with welfare reform, i agree there are people who abuse it, and they need to be reported. I just disagree that the answer to our budget problems is the bum getting foodstamps and wont work. I think its more complicated then that. This is why i bring up corperate welfare and anything else is because it took more then one torpedo to sink our ship.

I agree with you, i eat on 180 mth myself. I can tell you horror stories of guys and gals selling there ebt cards for money to buy drugs. But they are not the majority. Im for welfare reform, except im for a welfare reform that makes people sit down with a worker and workout a plan of action to overcome poverty, if its get treatment for drug addiction then fine, if its going to college to learn a skill or trade then fine, or whatever obstacle then work on it. If the guy or gal isn't working to solve there issue then cut them.

But the welfare reform we have is just cut funding nothing more
And why one start would be drug testing but I remember when it was considered lefties bounced off the wall. yet many people "who work" are required to take drug test even surprise testing to keep their jobs but it's ok for the people on welfare to spend the money we work hard for on drugs.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
do you have children, lilyflower? Feeding a growing child is not cheap. I don't know anyone who would think $500 is a lot for a family of three. What should we do? Force people to live on potatoes and cheese? That's not a healthy environment for raising children.

What do you eat? Maybe you should invest time in helping poor people shop more efficiently. That would beat getting annoyed.

Who's complaining? Anyone who is, can and should be ignored. Again, that beats getting yourself worked up over someone else's issues.

See above. You are a bright, educated young woman. I'd be proud to have you as a neighbor. As you mature, you will discover that these little annoyances melt away.
roflmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies