U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 10:04 PM

39,129 posts, read 20,252,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Government is a vogue term when it comes to social welfare program.

I prefer to dig into my own pocket and help someone, but when IRS (government) reaches into my pocket and decide how to be charitable on my behalf, me no like it.

Agree lily, I can't rep you again.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I asked you what you propose we do, not what we don't do. Are you a "let 'em die" type?
uhm, they are not starving now but they want more. That girl who was on welfare that I mentioned before, when Clinton revamped welfare guess what she did? She got a job!

Old 04-05-2014, 10:06 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,302,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh so you just want to ignore what Obama did. As his base screams I hate bankers, I hate CEO's, I hate the rich. And Obama runs around saying tax the rich, the millionaires and billionaires making $200k a year and his ignorant base cheers as Obama is attacking those nasty super duper rich.
We were discussing business, not Obama. Your hatred is noted, but I'm not interested. If and when you want to discuss the economy, let me know.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
We were discussing business, not Obama. Your hatred is noted, but I'm not interested. If and when you want to discuss the economy, let me know.
Then as you said, don't talk to me. In fact put me on your ignore list.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:10 PM

66,240 posts, read 30,153,135 times
Quote:
I asked you what you propose we do, not what we don't do. Are you a "let 'em die" type?
I'm a "let them suffer the consequences of their actions" type.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:12 PM

9,833 posts, read 5,829,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
The welfare system enslaves them. No longer can you see the shackles. But they are slaves to their masters nonetheless. And most do not desire to run away. I know this, my mom is a welfare queeeeen. She games the system. I use to have to use real food stamps to buy stuff. I also had to get powdered milk and blocks of cheese. I wish they still did it that way.
Don't forget that gross peanut butter.... Commodities were enough to make most people want to get a job so they didn't have to eat them. Bags of Rice, beans and flour. Most of the food was actually pretty healthy, but not much of it tasted that great.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
uhm, they are not starving now but they want more. That girl who was on welfare that I mentioned before, when Clinton revamped welfare guess what she did? She got a job!
These welfare restrictions are still in place, correct? If so, you're upset over nothing.

What about those who lost their jobs in the recession, or through offshoring, or downsizing? Where are the jobs? What about those people? What about those who are disabled, or elderly? What about those who are just too damn lazy? What should we do with them? Lock them up? Force them to work, a la communism? Leave them to beg and live in the street? What's the answer?

Visit Mexico City and see what society looks like there. Is that what you want for this country? Beggars, thieves and shantytowns? It's not pretty, petch. I'd rather tolerate the cost of supporting these people and live in a civil society than live like they do in Mexico City.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Then as you said, don't talk to me. In fact put me on your ignore list.
I don't use the ignore list. Is it that difficult to take your mind off Obama for a few minutes?

Old 04-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
These welfare restrictions are still in place, correct? If so, you're upset over nothing.

What about those who lost their jobs in the recession, or through offshoring, or downsizing? Where are the jobs? What about those people? What about those who are disabled, or elderly? What about those who are just too damn lazy? What should we do with them? Lock them up? Force them to work, a la communism? Leave them to beg and live in the street? What's the answer?

Visit Mexico City and see what society looks like there. Is that what you want for this country? Beggars, thieves and shantytowns? It's not pretty, petch. I'd rather tolerate the cost of supporting these people and live in a civil society than live like they do in Mexico City.
Jobs, well you have a choice, a job from big business, a job from small business, or "build that" business.

Oh here we go again, the same old argument people on welfare hiding behind the children, the disabled, the elderly, none of which anyone has an issue with helping. Although I do think it is very selfish of the parents who have kids when they know they can't support them. That is extremely selfish and it certainly isn't compassionate.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:17 PM

66,240 posts, read 30,153,135 times
Quote:
What about those who lost their jobs in the recession, or through offshoring, or downsizing?
False flag. THIS is what's causing the absolute explosion of the welfare-dependent class:

Medicaid Pays For Nearly Half of All Births in the United States | publichealth.gwu.edu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies