U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 PM

39,264 posts, read 20,365,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Here we are in agreement. I said as much in a previous post. The Republicans are no better. They try to convince us that cutting taxes for the wealthy will help the poor. Both parties are full of it.

How long do politicians have to keep on promising heaven and delivering hell before people catch on and stop getting swept away by rhetoric?
Thomas Sowell

Either way, at this time you know my feelings, Obama made it harder for hard working people to move up. Obama can't be that stupid to not know the difference between rich and upper income. He played people, Democrats are playing people by using the class warfare rhetoric to get more money from us. At least look into it. So at this time I'll go republican. At least they knew that Obama was hurting the upper middle class and small business people.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/24/maga...+(Most+Popular)

Old 04-05-2014, 11:39 PM

33,300 posts, read 20,110,179 times
Quote:
Here we are in agreement. I said as much in a previous post. The Republicans are no better. They try to convince us that cutting taxes for the wealthy will help the poor. Both parties are full of it.
Yeah but we still need to vote.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How long do politicians have to keep on promising heaven and delivering hell before people catch on and stop getting swept away by rhetoric?
Thomas Sowell

Either way, at this time you know my feelings, Obama made it harder for hard working people to move up. So at this time I'll go republican.
Same here. Unless some miracle happens, I might have change of heart. So far, Republican seems more promising.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:44 PM

9,832 posts, read 5,848,711 times
Right now in my community there are literally hundreds of jobs going unfilled, yet there are still those who religiously go down and apply for every type of assistance they can get and still do not work. We are not talking about people who are not capable of working, we are talking about people who have absolutely no inclination to even try to find employment.
Where I live, if you don't have a job, then you simply don't want to work.

9,742 posts, read 9,331,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I suggest you change strategy. Putting words in people's mouth is really getting old.

None of us here is going to apologize for leading a somewhat decent life. We work hard for it and we deserve it.

There are welfare queens out there who don't deserve our compassion or help because they abuse the hell out of the system. These are the people we are talking about and attacking, not the poor parents and their children who really need help.

Big difference. we have compassion, we just choose to give our compassion to the people who deserve it.
I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, nor do I expect you to apologize for success, nor support welfare abusers. That wasn't my point at all.

I agree wholeheartedly that people should prepare for children, but I won't go so far to say that those who don't prepare don't love their children, nor that they are selfish. That's all I was saying. Some people have plenty of money, but still are not prepared for children. I won't criticize them for starting a family, either.

Again, I'm not talking about welfare cheats, bums, nor any other dreg of society. I was only speaking of the poor.

Quote:
Same here. Unless some miracle happens, I might have change of heart. So far, Republican seems more promising.
Yes, they at least understood that by raising taxes on $200k and above was raising taxes on the upper "middle class" and not the uber rich that the lefties hate. Obama knew it too but he knew his base was financially ignorant and would buy into it easily.

I have never understood why it is greed to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
--- Thomas Sowell

Old 04-05-2014, 11:46 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,331,500 times
Quote:
Yeah but we still need to vote.
Here in NV, we have a "none of the above" option. I've used it twice. Once in 2000 presidential (I was actually correct for what, about three months? ), and once in 2010 senatorial.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:48 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, nor do I expect you to apologize for success, nor support welfare abusers. That wasn't my point at all.

I agree wholeheartedly that people should prepare for children, but I won't go so far to say that those who don't prepare don't love their children, nor that they are selfish. That's all I was saying. Some people have plenty of money, but still are not prepared for children. I won't criticize them for starting a family, either.

Again, I'm not talking about welfare cheats, bums, nor any other dreg of society. I was only speaking of the poor.
NOT One person said they don't love their children so stop putting words in our mouths. They are just not thinking what is best for them.

"A Tennessee man who has 22 children by 14 women is being sued in what might be one of Nashville's most expensive child support cases. In an interview outside court, Orlando Shaw said he loves all of his kids and considers himself a good father".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/22-children-14-women

You don't call that abuse of the taxpayer?

Old 04-05-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, they at least understood that by raising taxes on $200k and above was raising taxes on the upper "middle class" and not the uber rich that the lefties hate. Obama knew it too but he knew his base was financially ignorant and would buy into it easily.

I have never understood why it is greed to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
--- Thomas Sowell
It is going to be hard for Republican party, because young people, regardless of party, prefer a live-and-let-live approach on social issues is nothing new. We support gay marriage, for abortion, etc.

Obviously, If the party wants to move forward and appeal to our generation they have to appeal to the majority to succeed. It is not easy.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:

"A Tennessee man who has 22 children by 14 women is being sued in what might be one of Nashville's most expensive child support cases. In an interview outside court, Orlando Shaw said he loves all of his kids and considers himself a good father".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/22-children-14-women

You don't call that abuse of the taxpayer?
hahahahahha simply absurd. This man can call himself a good father. Obviously, different people have different definition of love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies