U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 08:25 AM

3,741 posts, read 3,088,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
I could afford to be more generous if the government didn't take 20 cents of every dollar I earn.
I don't think you get the meaning of generosity.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:50 AM

16,438 posts, read 19,088,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`m not whining about Obama all day.
Start off with an hour a day and work up to it.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:30 AM

66,196 posts, read 33,604,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I don't know, but charity is not a substitute for welfare in this country. Too much poverty and not enough generosity.

There was a day, when neighbor helped thy neighbor.
Government took over that job because it thought it could do it better.

The unintended consequences are that neighbor no longer looks after, or is neighborly, like the old days.
Why do we need one another, when government will do it?

Old 03-27-2014, 09:38 AM

4,414 posts, read 3,347,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Swung by walmart last night after putting in a 16 hour day, it was 2300 hours and I needed a few more things for my daughter's birthday today.
Now, I generally avoid walmart as a rule, but I decided to hit it for just a few things.
My observations from walmart at midnight...
*They got cheap food. $2.89 for a pound of smoked ham? Bought 2 pounds
*Name-brand soup at .39 cents can? I would have killed for that stuuf in my preteen years. WTF? Bought 6 cans, beans with bacon, tomato, and chicken noodle
*WTF do all these people let their kids run loose while they're stacked up 2 deep at the telecommunications counter?
*Looking around the store, comparing prices, and brands, I never knew before tonight walmart offered their own generic brand of items at about half the price. Growing up, I would have begged to have access for those items. And still people ***** about the amount of welfare they get
*Times change, now they beg for IPhones, section8 voutchers, free bus passes, free school lunches, obviously free emergency room health care(dont even waste time going after obamacare, which was created for them), free daycare, and the free education system their children receive, to get them up to speed on the benefits they'll someday soon qualify for.

Fricken cry if you want, but if you worked for a living and had children of your own you actually cared about, you'd be pissed too.
This bull has went on too long, tired of working like a dog and feeding animals.
That store you swung by is the biggest welfare queen in America.
Wal-Mart Depends on Food Stamps and Public Assistance

Low-low prices come at a big price to taxpayers. What do you think about a business that requires welfare for both it's workers and customers in order to turn a profit?

Last edited by Mr. Mon; 03-27-2014 at 10:50 AM..

Old 03-27-2014, 09:55 AM

32,117 posts, read 16,512,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Swung by walmart last night after putting in a 16 hour day, it was 2300 hours and I needed a few more things for my daughter's birthday today.
Now, I generally avoid walmart as a rule, but I decided to hit it for just a few things.
My observations from walmart at midnight...
*They got cheap food. $2.89 for a pound of smoked ham? Bought 2 pounds
*Name-brand soup at .39 cents can? I would have killed for that stuuf in my preteen years. WTF? Bought 6 cans, beans with bacon, tomato, and chicken noodle
*WTF do all these people let their kids run loose while they're stacked up 2 deep at the telecommunications counter?
*Looking around the store, comparing prices, and brands, I never knew before tonight walmart offered their own generic brand of items at about half the price. Growing up, I would have begged to have access for those items. And still people ***** about the amount of welfare they get
*Times change, now they beg for IPhones, section8 voutchers, free bus passes, free school lunches, obviously free emergency room health care(dont even waste time going after obamacare, which was created for them), free daycare, and the free education system their children receive, to get them up to speed on the benefits they'll someday soon qualify for.

Fricken cry if you want, but if you worked for a living and had children of your own you actually cared about, you'd be pissed too.
This bull has went on too long, tired of working like a dog and feeding animals.
What, no mention of Escalades with custom rims? Y'all are slipping.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:01 AM

47,576 posts, read 60,490,480 times
I think everyone would admit that the War on Poverty that has cost us trillions of dollars is a colossal failure. Paying indigent people to breed and allowing any number of indigents from the third world to pour over the borders to be supported by the taxpayers is immensely stupid.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:49 AM
bUU

11,909 posts, read 8,623,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
bUU-I am probably the least self centered person you would ever know and far from right wing, I just don't see welfare as a way of life
No one does. Optimally, it would go away completely if society would fulfill its obligation and provide access to all to jobs that allow them to pay their own way and secure their own future.

Thanks for your comment.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 AM

34,602 posts, read 33,591,161 times
I go to Wal-Mart and I can afford better. It's close and I don't feel like tromping through some mall if I need a few odds and ends. I don't grocery shop there because there are 2 closer supermarkets. I buy my clothes online.

For a trip, I need a cheap across the body purse that I will probably never use again after the trip, some Off mosquito repellent and some washcloths. Wal-Mart is fine. Point is, you don't have to be poor to shop in Wal-Mart but it's a lifesaver for some people.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:34 AM

39,136 posts, read 20,262,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
You are exactly right! And F5ck that! I am middle class and have been forced into the poor class with no choice! I would prefer to pay for my health care, but it has been deemed illegal. I am not in the recipient class by choice, yet here I am begging for what I need.

The US has become the most fk'd up place to be middle class in less than a decade.

exploiting the system is one thing... being forced into a subservient/dependent position is quite another!
You were forced into the poor class to help the poor. Every time government gets involved "to help the poor", they end up making more poor. Examples, lower mortgage loan standards, we see what happened there. Subsidize college for the poor, college cost skyrocket, those who once could afford college no longer can or have to borrow out the ass end and will be poor due to debt. Higher cost for those who were paying to help 5% (the poor) of the population "the poor".

Worse yet, the poor will not do anything or listen to anyone who is trying to help them. They'll call you names, telling you they can't, every excuse in the book. Then they demand more handouts. Do you really think with everything being handed to them they will do anything to move out of poverty?

Last edited by petch751; 03-27-2014 at 11:51 AM..

Old 03-27-2014, 11:46 AM

21,736 posts, read 21,618,824 times
Quote:

*Name-brand soup at .39 cents can?
What WM are you shopping at? I haven't seen a can of soup for .39 cents in years, anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies