Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 08:11 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That doesn't describe the vast majority of SNAP recipients with children who are double-dipping and scamming the taxpayers. They get SNAP benefits for their school-age children, who are then actually fed free breakfast, lunch, and frequently dinner, at school 5 days a week and sometimes also on Saturdays.
I was discussing a very specific case with another poster. You have since then chimed in and proclaimed that the specific child is just SOL.

If that's not what you meant to say, tell me. Otherwise, you're dragging me down a rabbit hole. I know there's such a thing as welfare fraud, but I never go into these general discussions about "how many" and "how much" because they become so vile and hateful.

So if you want to jump into the actual discussion I was having with another poster, you get to answer the question: Do you or do you not believe there are people who deserve the support of the community and American taxpayers? Or are even innocent children to be abandoned in the name of preventing "stealing" from you?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:14 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I was discussing a very specific case with another poster. You have since then chimed in and proclaimed that the specific child is just SOL.
Would you be willing to limit welfare benefits to only such very specific cases?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:15 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
So if the parents are dead, or have cut the child off from his home, you just say too bad, so sad? Society has no obligation to help?

What a frightening world you live in.
If the parents are dead the child would have others responsible.

They very likely would then bet SS benefits until they turn 18.

And yes, the parents are still responsible...they can not legally "cut a child off".

Old 04-07-2014, 08:15 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
Quote:
*Sigh.*

You know what I said and what I was talking about. I decline to type it again for you.
So, you admit by default there were none. Why is that so hard?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Wheeee, proven 100% right once again.

Told ya, nvexplorer. Dude just posted exactly what I predicted. Remember, in Conservative World, people who experience hard times ALWAYS deserve it.
No one "deserves" anything. Things just happen, and one need prepare for the worst while hoping for the best.

No different from the olden days when one would have to store food away for winter or starve.

Ant and the grasshopper, remember that?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
This makes no sense.

And kindly refrain from personal attacks on my intelligence. Thank you.
It seems to have made sense to everyone but you.. I haven't attacked your intelligence. I don't need to.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
So, you admit by default there were none. Why is that so hard?
Why are you lying about what I said?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:20 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
No one "deserves" anything. Things just happen, and one need prepare for the worst while hoping for the best.
Yes, and it's ridiculously stupid to not prepare for adverse conditions, as we all suffer them from time to time.
Quote:
No different from the olden days when one would have to store food away for winter or starve.

Ant and the grasshopper, remember that?
Exactly!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It seems to have made sense to everyone but you.. I haven't attacked your intelligence. I don't need to.
LOL. "Everyone?" Who, for example? Please cite names.

Now, see, saying stuff like this:
Quote:
I guess as long as we have people like you, we have to spell out everything very specifically and in small words
is, you know, a personal attack. As is implying in this post that I'm so stupid, everyone notices it without you pointing it out.

Want to go for the triple?

Last edited by jmqueen; 04-07-2014 at 08:30 AM..

Old 04-07-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Do you or do you not believe there are people who deserve the support of the community and American taxpayers? Or are even innocent children to be abandoned in the name of preventing "stealing" from you?
Community via voluntary efforts? Of course. Plenty of what used to be called "boys" or "girls" homes were run by charities/religious groups/ etc. back in the day and the system worked fine. There were homes+program for adults down on their luck too and they had none of the problems associated with the welfare state.

Taxpayers via forced appropriation of wealth to be redistributed in a woefully inefficient manner that only forces people to remain dependent and becoming lifelong parasites? No.

I contribute cash to my local charities with a glad heart. I pay taxes while choking back rage. The former is of my own free will, the latter under threat of force, and therein lies the difference you simply are unable to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies