U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2014, 03:55 PM
 
66,180 posts, read 30,030,765 times
Reputation: 8577

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Yes its always factored, the point i made was the reason the CEOs and Owners make millions and billions is because we are helping keep business costs down with corporate welfare. Of course if we cut it , it will raise prices. But the price raising won't be because we cut corporate welfare but because CEOs and Owners are used to make millions and billions in profits or pay so they will raise prices to get what they want.
Well, as has been explained to you, CEOs don't determine their own salaries. Each corporation's board of directors sets the CEO's salary, and the shareholders have to approve it. The corporation's owners are the shareholders, such as the union pension funds, etc. And why wouldn't union pension funds want the corporations they own to be profitable? That profit is what's paying for their pensions.

 
Old 04-08-2014, 03:59 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 6,390,093 times
Reputation: 3122
Because except for the last few years taxe % have remained about the same for the middle class and poor thru history. What has changed alot is the rich tax rates have fallen alot and now there are a ton of tax loopholes that with the right accountant that alot can get away with no taxes.
 
Old 04-08-2014, 03:59 PM
 
66,180 posts, read 30,030,765 times
Reputation: 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Whatever man your anger is messing up your logic.
That's what it said in the article you posted. I'm not angry about anything. I'm just posting to educate people. You seemed to be completely unaware of a lot of the facts I posted.

I am concerned that nearly half of all U.S. births are paid for by Medicaid. Those kids are welfare-dependent from day one. That's simply not financially sustainable, in any way, shape, or form.
 
Old 04-08-2014, 04:01 PM
 
66,180 posts, read 30,030,765 times
Reputation: 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Which dead people, the people brought back to life during the election or the people who died.
Both. Sadly, all classes of dead people will no longer be eligible for food stamps.
 
Old 04-08-2014, 04:03 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 6,390,093 times
Reputation: 3122
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, as has been explained to you, CEOs don't determine their own salaries. Each corporation's board of directors sets the CEO's salary, and the shareholders have to approve it. The corporation's owners are the shareholders, such as the union pension funds, etc. And why wouldn't union pension funds want the corporations they own to be profitable? That profit is what's paying for their pensions.
You missed the point, the point isnt that being rich is bad or that profits are bad. The point is why does the government, taxpayer and workers and small business have to compassionate the corporations, shareholders, owners profits?
 
Old 04-08-2014, 04:09 PM
 
66,180 posts, read 30,030,765 times
Reputation: 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
You missed the point, the point isnt that being rich is bad or that profits are bad. The point is why does the government, taxpayer and workers and small business have to compassionate the corporations, shareholders, owners profits?
Just a few reasons off the top of my head...

To keep prices artificially low so that poor people aren't disadvantaged
Union members expect to collect their pensions
The government must keep the income gap as wide as possible to maximize tax revenue
 
Old 04-08-2014, 04:10 PM
 
66,180 posts, read 30,030,765 times
Reputation: 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I agree there is to much government spending for the low taxes we are collecting. My theory its because the rich are really not paying there share. I come to this conclusion
What, in your opinion, is their share?
 
Old 04-08-2014, 04:12 PM
 
66,180 posts, read 30,030,765 times
Reputation: 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Because except for the last few years taxe % have remained about the same for the middle class and poor thru history. What has changed alot is the rich tax rates have fallen alot and now there are a ton of tax loopholes that with the right accountant that alot can get away with no taxes.
So... What effective federal income tax rate do you think the top 1% is paying? What effective federal income tax rate do you think the middle class is paying?
 
Old 04-08-2014, 04:21 PM
 
Location: California
262 posts, read 131,288 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Yup the every year collection of tax breaks, subsidies and giveaways to rich corporations is wrong! End of discussion.
Nope, you're wrong. Corporations DO NOT pay taxes. Corporations DO NOT pay for any cost of operation. ALL business expenses are added to the end service or product and the end consumer pays all those costs. So if Corporations receive all your list above then that helps offset the cost of their service or product which lowers the cost of same to the end consumer.

The above post to which I am responding spews out the totally incorrect accusations the Dems always throw out. Hmmmmm...another White House plant here or just an unknowlegeable person who buys the lies.
 
Old 04-08-2014, 04:22 PM
 
39,086 posts, read 20,179,833 times
Reputation: 12639
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
You missed the point, the point isnt that being rich is bad or that profits are bad. The point is why does the government, taxpayer and workers and small business have to compassionate the corporations, shareholders, owners profits?
Profit is bad? Really? When you go to work you get paid for your labor. That is profit dear.

If I am not going to make a profit you better believe I am not going to run a business or invest. Wow, are liberals really that stupid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top