U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 04:24 PM

66,447 posts, read 30,302,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post
Nope, you're wrong. Corporations DO NOT pay taxes. Corporations DO NOT pay for any cost of operation. ALL business expenses are added to the end service or product and the end consumer pays all those costs. So if Corporations receive all your list above then that helps offset the cost of their service or product which lowers the cost of same to the end consumer.
I've tried explaining that to them. They're either genuinely incapable of understanding that, or they're deliberately playing dumb.

Quote:
The above post to which I am responding spews out the totally incorrect accusations the Dems always throw out. Hmmmmm...another White House plant here or just an unknowlegeable person who buys the lies.
It's a toss up.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:24 PM

39,225 posts, read 20,343,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post
Nope, you're wrong. Corporations DO NOT pay taxes. Corporations DO NOT pay for any cost of operation. ALL business expenses are added to the end service or product and the end consumer pays all those costs.
Ssshhh Obama doesn't want his base to know this lol

They just can't get the concept that when government demands more money (Obamacare, taxes etc) businesses see that as an added expense. They must either cut elsewhere, (jobs) or raise prices to pay for the increase expense. It's a simple concept to understand but it's above their heads.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I've tried explaining that to them. They're either genuinely incapable of understanding that, or they're deliberately playing dumb.

It's a toss up.
They must think businesses pick money off trees to pay all those expenses.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:28 PM

6,657 posts, read 6,419,855 times
Quote:
That's what it said in the article you posted. I'm not angry about anything. I'm just posting to educate people. You seemed to be completely unaware of a lot of the facts I posted.

I am concerned that nearly half of all U.S. births are paid for by Medicaid. Those kids are welfare-dependent from day one. That's simply not financially sustainable, in any way, shape, or form.
Im concerned about nearly half of the births are paid for by the government but im also concerned how just In the third quarter, corporate earnings were $1.75 trillion, up 18.6% from a year ago, according to last week's gross domestic product report. That took after-tax profits to their greatest percentage of GDP in history. But somehow they want us to spend aprox $92 billion and more on corporate subsidies a year. Figuring that majority of the owners of the corporations are the top 10% of the rich who own about half of the wealth in the country that scary.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Im concerned about nearly half of the births are paid for by the government but im also concerned how just In the third quarter, corporate earnings were $1.75 trillion, up 18.6% from a year ago, according to last week's gross domestic product report. That took after-tax profits to their greatest percentage of GDP in history.
That's actually good news for all the severely underfunded pension systems, all of which own corporate stocks. Or do you not want union retirees to get their pensions?

Old 04-08-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Whats even worse is trying to talk to party hardliner sheep who are only concerned about there personal agendas.
Do you mean the greed of wanting government to take make money I earned to give to you and people on welfare who refuse to work?

Or are you talking about the government taking away my money to help pay for Michele Obama and her "mothers" trip to China includes her stay at a hotel that charges $8,400 a night. Then telling me I have to cut back to pay more taxes. No, that doesn't site well with me either.

Last edited by petch751; 04-08-2014 at 04:40 PM..

Old 04-08-2014, 04:38 PM

hawaiian by heart, answer the question:
Quote:
What, in your opinion, is their share?

Old 04-08-2014, 04:52 PM

Answer the question regarding taxes, hawaiian by heart:
Quote:
What, in your opinion, is their share?

Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 PM

26,719 posts, read 11,208,910 times
Quote:
No because morality was introduced in the reasons for cutting or getting rid of welfare for the poor(we don't/ or why should we, support those who are able body? Or taking things without earning them is stealing) And fine ok, the same equal morality should apply to other handouts to rich cat corporations and big business? As far as im concern they are the most able bodied of us all. But as ive said before the right (im not the left) often has what i call selected morality. Even to the point of ignoring, being in denial or justify handouts to the rich. Im sorry but to me welfare is any money given out by the government that doesn't get services or goods back in return. Both money given to the rich or poor is welfare. Intill the right gets more balanced in there "Welfare Reform" Its bs.
All subsidies should be banned. You subsidize something you get more of it.
It is not moral to use force and take from one person to give it too another. When you rob from Peter to give to Paul you'll always have Pauls support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies