Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 02:37 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times

Advertisements

Swung by walmart last night after putting in a 16 hour day, it was 2300 hours and I needed a few more things for my daughter's birthday today.
Now, I generally avoid walmart as a rule, but I decided to hit it for just a few things.
My observations from walmart at midnight...
*They got cheap food. $2.89 for a pound of smoked ham? Bought 2 pounds
*Name-brand soup at .39 cents can? I would have killed for that stuuf in my preteen years. WTF? Bought 6 cans, beans with bacon, tomato, and chicken noodle
*WTF do all these people let their kids run loose while they're stacked up 2 deep at the telecommunications counter?
*Looking around the store, comparing prices, and brands, I never knew before tonight walmart offered their own generic brand of items at about half the price. Growing up, I would have begged to have access for those items. And still people ***** about the amount of welfare they get
*Times change, now they beg for IPhones, section8 voutchers, free bus passes, free school lunches, obviously free emergency room health care(dont even waste time going after obamacare, which was created for them), free daycare, and the free education system their children receive, to get them up to speed on the benefits they'll someday soon qualify for.

Fricken cry if you want, but if you worked for a living and had children of your own you actually cared about, you'd be pissed too.
This bull has went on too long, tired of working like a dog and feeding animals.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-26-2014 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-26-2014, 03:09 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,132 times
I do not have a problem with welfare for those who need it, and I rather my tax dollar be spent on people who need help rather than on wars, raises for congress and other government officials, and/or being given to foreign countries. I do have a problem with the implementation Obamacare, Social Security, and I do have a problem with those who abuse the system, but I can't understand why most are soooooOOooooOOOoo much more upset over this than they are with our government handing our money over to foreign nations... Also to be exact, your tax dollars aren't really being spent on these programs or foreign aid and/or wars because we're borrowing money that we will never be able to pay back to be able to fund it all.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-26-2014 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-26-2014, 04:30 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
* And still people ***** about the amount of welfare they get
*Times change, now they beg for IPhones, section8 voutchers, free bus passes, free school lunches, obviously free emergency room health care(dont even waste time going after obamacare, which was created for them), free daycare, and the free education system their children receive, to get them up to speed on the benefits they'll someday soon qualify for.

Fricken cry if you want, but if you worked for a living and had children of your own you actually cared about, you'd be pissed too.
This bull has went on too long, tired of working like a dog and feeding animals.
Cry away, *******s. Assuming the mods dont intercede first lol
Where do you get all this negative bias on the poor,? Sounds to me all this free stuff you are referring to are just poor people taking advantage of social programs that are in place to help people who have fallen on hard times or for whatever reason didnt get dealt the cards in life you did.All those programs are available to all Americans if the need arises just be thankful your life is such that you dont have to rely on those programs.
Equating the nations poor people as animals and thinking all this is just a liberal affair kinda gives me the impression you have no compassion and are listening to way too much psychobabble from rightwing media.
As for the crying? seems to be you doing most of it..

Last edited by jambo101; 03-26-2014 at 04:43 AM..

Old 03-26-2014, 04:30 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
tired of working like a dog and feeding animals.
Thanks for modeling typical right-wing perspective, i.e., the consideration of those most vulnerable in society (most of whom are good people who would love to work hard at a job that paid enough so that they could pay their own way and secure their own future) as "animals" rather than as human beings like yourself. It really helps underscore the thoroughly immoral nature of that which Republicans and libertarians support.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:33 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Swung by walmart last night after putting in a 16 hour day, it was 2300 hours and I needed a few more things for my daughter's birthday today.
Now, I generally avoid walmart as a rule, but I decided to hit it for just a few things.
*Name-brand soup at .39 cents can? I would have killed for that stuuf in my preteen years. WTF? Bought 6 cans, beans with bacon, tomato, and chicken noodle
*WTF do all these people let their kids run loose while they're stacked up 2 deep at the telecommunications counter?
*Looking around the store, comparing prices, and brands, I never knew before tonight walmart offered their own generic brand of items at about half the price. Growing up, I would have begged to have access for those items. And still people ***** about the amount of welfare they get

The recipient class buy what they want and beg for what they need.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
The welfare parasites are entitled to have everything given to them, by virtue of having been shat out in assembly line fashion to increase the brood sow mothers welfare payments didn't you know?

Old 03-26-2014, 06:13 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Thanks for modeling typical right-wing perspective, i.e., the consideration of those most vulnerable in society (most of whom are good people who would love to work hard at a job that paid enough so that they could pay their own way and secure their own future) as "animals" rather than as human beings like yourself. It really helps underscore the thoroughly immoral nature of that which Republicans and libertarians support.
Oh please!!! Good people my azz! Many are out for a free ride and are either too stupid or lazy to even try to get a job. Don't you get tired of getting in line behind the fat lady with 5 kids and a cart full of junk food and pulls out her access card to pay for it all. I think most people who work for a living are sick of going to the store and seeing this crap.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:48 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:

Learned an important lesson a while back. Never, ever, go to WM on the first of the month, when all the welfare checks come out. You'll see things that will be burned into your brain forever. Check out the "people of walmart" site.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:52 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,026 times
You know, when someone witnesses something with their own eyes, someone else repeating "it didn't happen" over and over doesn't actually change anything.

It just further alienates those who actually have seen abuse.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:05 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I do not have a problem with welfare for those who need it, and I rather my tax dollar be spent on people who need help rather than on wars, raises for congress and other government officials, and/or being given to foreign countries. I do have a problem with the implementation Obamacare, Social Security, and I do have a problem with those who abuse the system, but I can't understand why most are soooooOOooooOOOoo much more upset over this than they are with our government handing our money over to foreign nations... Also to be exact, your tax dollars aren't really being spent on these programs or foreign aid and/or wars because we're borrowing money that we will never be able to pay back to be able to fund it all.

Contrary to what some may think here I actually agree with you in regards to welfare. There are those who truly need our help. Such as the sick, the elderly, and those who have fallen on hard times, because quite frankly s*** happens. I do not support handouts and continuing the enabling of folks on the system that have no desire to better themselves.

I also agree with you on Obamacare, as well as our foreign policy, and sending money to other nations when we have our own issues here at home. One thing you forgot, is corporate welfare. We should not have bailed out businesses on the taxpayer's dime that made bad business decisions.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-26-2014 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies