Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 02:00 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
If the babies are punished there is adoption.
If you insist on being vague then you better be prepared to accept the most prejudicial interpretation of your evasion. So provide an alternative to this, unless this is precisely what you mean: You will rip babies away from their mothers and put them into orphanages (so effectively, incurring that additional cost on society which you haven't even bothered to factor into your penny-wise pound-foolish suggestion) on the odd chance that they'll be adopted, even after you've caused a massive glut of babies in the system (and I'm not sure but I would suspect that there are more children living in poverty than parents looking to adopt children), which the system to place babies in homes of parents who want to adopt them isn't able to handle without being expanded substantially (incurring yet more cost that you didn't account for in your vague comment), and despite the fact that some of the babies you're talking about may have conditions that would make them unadoptable unless you change the adoption system to force parent to take a baby assigned to them rather than picking one.

The claim that there is an easy answer is foolishness.

Quote:
No, society doesn't consider it offensive to make welfare a temporary thing like unemployment.
Stop trying to hide behind being obtuse. Defend your ideas with clear, concise plans that don't have loopholes and flaws that I can drive a truck through, and prove that your ideas are better than what's going on now. Or accept (as many very intelligent people have) that I don't have a better answer.

Quote:
For example do what they do to people on unemployment, like make them show they are looking for work.
Screw that - make them work. Find work that needs to be done that they're able to do and provide the means for them to get to that work, do it, and then get paid for it. Why aim so low?

Old 03-27-2014, 02:01 PM

854 posts, read 1,482,152 times
Quote:
I'm a Libertarian but despise the Republicans. Explain though how they are parasites.
Well for starts the red states receive tons of money from the heathen blue states.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:06 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,335 times
Quote:
...The kids can be fed at school but baby mama and baby daddy needs to work.
They do work. A lot of them at Wal-Mart.

And Wal-Mart depends on that sweet money from Uncle Sugar in order to stay profitable.

Less than 9% of entitlement recipients are in non-working, non-disabled, non-elderly households

Old 03-27-2014, 02:26 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post

And Wal-Mart depends on that sweet money from Uncle Sugar in order to stay profitable.

Less than 9% of entitlement recipients are in non-working, non-disabled, non-elderly households
And many more don't work at all. I knew a lot of welfare families who were not working.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:27 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:

That gravy train needs to be cut off too.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:38 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,524 times
Quote:

Exactly.

And how ironic - OP's Wal-Mart visit prompted cries to end welfare when there's quite a number of WM employees on welfare that's encouraged by Wal-Mart.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:54 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,989,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Swung by walmart last night after putting in a 16 hour day, it was 2300 hours and I needed a few more things for my daughter's birthday today.
Now, I generally avoid walmart as a rule, but I decided to hit it for just a few things.
My observations from walmart at midnight...
*They got cheap food. $2.89 for a pound of smoked ham? Bought 2 pounds
*Name-brand soup at .39 cents can? I would have killed for that stuuf in my preteen years. WTF? Bought 6 cans, beans with bacon, tomato, and chicken noodle
*WTF do all these people let their kids run loose while they're stacked up 2 deep at the telecommunications counter?
*Looking around the store, comparing prices, and brands, I never knew before tonight walmart offered their own generic brand of items at about half the price. Growing up, I would have begged to have access for those items. And still people ***** about the amount of welfare they get
*Times change, now they beg for IPhones, section8 voutchers, free bus passes, free school lunches, obviously free emergency room health care(dont even waste time going after obamacare, which was created for them), free daycare, and the free education system their children receive, to get them up to speed on the benefits they'll someday soon qualify for.

Fricken cry if you want, but if you worked for a living and had children of your own you actually cared about, you'd be pissed too.
This bull has went on too long, tired of working like a dog and feeding animals.

If you continue wolfing down cheap WalMart smoked ham which is chock fiull of chemicals, salt and high fructose sugar and the sam for Sam's brand soup or Campbell's brand , you are on an expressway to diabettes ,cardiovascular disease and all their wonderful complications. On average you will need to pay from 15-30,000 dollars in medical expenses with those chronic health problems, 100,000-300,000 if you progress to kidney failure, need a heart replacement or get macular eye degeneration (blindness). Since you will join the ranks of the unemployable because most American employers see no need to have such employees you will be on your hands and knees begging for what little help Americans in need can get in these days of greed and austerity!!!.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:06 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
What soup is 39 cents a can? The one with 80 KG of salt?

The above post is correct. Look at the people of walmart website. Those are the people who eat from Walmart. They do not eat healthy.

Skip the cheap foods find a farmers market and eat fresh

Oh and yes, many of the moms and dads work at Walmart. They eat at churches and shop at food banks too

Meanwhile Walmart profits go on into the pockets of shareholders ( ) and the welfare recipients fail to learn how to get off the merry-go-round of poor pay and handouts

Old 03-27-2014, 05:13 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
And many more don't work at all. I knew a lot of welfare families who were not working.
Really? No. REALLY. Do you? For more then 5 years?

Welfare is not a long term forever thing now you know. RIGHT? You know this right? That it has a 5 year limit for the vast majority of states.

Oh wait...no your confusing the 20th century with the 21st century.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:13 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Really? No. REALLY. Do you? For more then 5 years?

Welfare is not a long term forever thing now you know. RIGHT? You know this right? That it has a 5 year limit for the vast majority of states.

Oh wait...no your confusing the 20th century with the 21st century.
Yes the ones I knew were not working for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies