Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 08:25 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, and it's ridiculously stupid to not prepare for adverse conditions, as we all suffer them from time to time.
Exactly!
Look, no one believes this schtick you guys have of claiming that every single misfortune can always be 100% accounted for by good planning. Not even you can believe it since it's a universal impossibility.

So the only reason you keep typing it must be that you hope people won't notice that what you're really promoting is sociopathy as a public policy.

It's a good thing I accept that P&OC is inhabited largely by children playing in Mom's basement. If I thought that America is actually populated by this many sociopaths, I'd be seriously alarmed.

Last edited by jmqueen; 04-07-2014 at 09:01 AM..

Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Community via voluntary efforts? Of course. Plenty of what used to be called "boys" or "girls" homes were run by charities/religious groups/ etc. back in the day and the system worked fine. There were homes+program for adults down on their luck too and they had none of the problems associated with the welfare state.

Taxpayers via forced appropriation of wealth to be redistributed in a woefully inefficient manner that only forces people to remain dependent and becoming lifelong parasites? No.

I contribute cash to my local charities with a glad heart. I pay taxes while choking back rage. The former is of my own free will, the latter under threat of force, and therein lies the difference you simply are unable to see.
Because you live in a civilized country, you get to partake of the benefits.

There are no benefits without taxes.

So you admit that you'd rather live in complete isolation without neighbors, community and society as a whole?

I suspect you already do, actually. With your open display of green and your clear disdain for every other person in this county but yourself, you must be a bit of a downer at parties.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:29 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Why are you lying about what I said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen
YOU think children should literally starve in the streets, and you think there's something wrong with me?
I asked when this has ever happened in the US.

You are saying without the welfare state we'd have dead kids everywhere. There are no instances of this in all of US history, even during the Great Depression.

It has never happened.

Why are you lying by saying I'm lying?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I asked when this has ever happened in the US.

You are saying without the welfare state we'd have dead kids everywhere. There are no instances of this in all of US history, even during the Great Depression.
Nope. I did not. Nor do I have the time to go over all 70 pages of this thread to find my exact post.

Please stop lying. It makes you look worse than you already do.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Because you live in a civilized country, you get to partake of the benefits.

There are no benefits without taxes.
Yet the more I pay in taxes the fewer benefits and less civility I see.

Quote:
So you admit that you'd rather live in complete isolation without neighbors, community and society as a whole?
Roads are a public duty. Read the Constitution. Taxes for roads, infrastructure, defense (ideally a limited defensive military, but I digress) etc. are all gravy.

Taxes for welfare, foreign aid, corporate subsidies, etc. is wasteful, crony capitalism, and immoral.

Quote:
I suspect you already do, actually. With your open display of green and your clear disdain for every other person in this county but yourself, you must be a bit of a downer at parties.
I bear disdain only for parasites. I wish nothing but wellness and success to the producers. A rising tide lifts all ships after all.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:36 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
As is implying that I'm so stupid
What if people are implying that a significant percentage of Democrat voters are stupid?

There actually IS data supporting such an assertion...

10 Amazing Demographic Percentages of the 2012 Election

Voters by education level, no high school diploma:

64% Democrat
35% Republican

Note to moderators: all images appearing in this post have been linked via HTML text command in a legally permissible manner per the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Perfect 10 v. Amazon ruling, and as such do not constitute copyright violation.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Yet the more I pay in taxes the fewer benefits and less civility I see.

I can't imagine why.

Quote:
Nope. I did not. Nor do I have the time to go over all 70 pages of this thread to find my exact post.

Please stop lying. It makes you look worse than you already do.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/34246516-post577.html

Quote:
YOU think children should literally starve in the streets, and you think there's something wrong with me?

And although you evaded the question, I take the above to mean that no, you wouldn't dare say such things in front of your family and friends. Just another keyboard warrior.
You said it. Stop lying.

When have children literally starved in the streets in the US?

Cite one example. Just one.

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
LOL. "Everyone?" Who, for example? Please cite names.

Now, see, saying stuff like this:

is, you know, a personal attack. As is implying in this post that I'm so stupid, everyone notices it without you pointing it out.

Want to go for the triple?
If you are going to copy and paste from my post then copy and paste the entire sentence.

I guess as long as we have people like you, we have to spell out everything very specifically and in small words, otherwise you will take our intent and misconstrue the intent to serve your ideological purpose.

This isn't attacking your intelligence. It is saying that you will turn our meaning into something other than its original intent. Much the same as you are attempting to do now. Language has to be used that is very specific and that includes the use of smaller words that cannot be used in another context.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What if people are implying that a significant percentage of Democrat voters are stupid?

There actually IS data supporting such an assertion...

10 Amazing Demographic Percentages of the 2012 Election - NationalJournal.com

Voters by education level, no high school diploma:

64% Democrat
35% Republican

Note to moderators: all images appearing in this post have been linked via HTML text command in a legally permissible manner per the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Perfect 10 v. Amazon ruling, and as such do not constitute copyright violation.
Impressive deflection from freightshaker's personal attack on me.

Do you ever actually address someone's post, or do you always wander off to type whatever irrelevancy you feel like posting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies