Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 02:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Most abortion advocates are careful to act as if they’re not really fans of abortion. No one likes abortion but not abortion advocate Amanda Marcotte. Read what she says.

"Well, let me just put a stop to this **** right now. You can give me gold-plated day care and an awesome public school right on the street corner and start paying me 15% more at work, and I still do not want a baby.
[MOD CUT/copyright violation]

Amanda Marcotte: Babies are time-sucking monsters, abortion like removing a cavity

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-26-2014 at 02:54 PM..

Old 03-26-2014, 02:37 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Frankly, she sounds extremely selfish and immature. That being said, I do think criminalizing abortion would do more harm than good.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Frankly, she sounds extremely selfish and immature. That being said, I do think criminalizing abortion would do more harm than good.
Republicans don't want to criminalize it. Democrats always lie and stretch the truth. If it was criminalized women would do it anyway. It's the term length. Why do woman wait until term to abort?

Democrats are giving you false information to demonize people who believe there is a limit. No way should abortion be performed so late in pregnancy. Maybe early on but not so late.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
fine, then miss mascotte, get your tubes tied today, and that way you never have to worry about being knocked up.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:42 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's not criminalizing. It's the term length. Why do woman wait until term to abort?

Democrats are giving you false information to demonize people who believe there is a limit. No way should abortion be performed so late in pregnancy. Maybe early on but not so late.
I agree completely. With that being said, I think this Amanda Marcotte would probably get an abortion the second she learned she was pregnant if she ever was pregnant. It wouldn't surprise me if she went out partying afterwards which is just sick.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:42 PM

679 posts, read 614,783 times
Quote:
It's not criminalizing. It's the term length. Why do woman wait until term to abort?

From reading her rant it doesn't sound like she's interested in waiting for any length of time before getting an abortion least of all waiting until term. Where are you getting that her points are about term length?

Old 03-26-2014, 02:43 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,386 times
Well, she is an a-hole that's entitled to her opinion. If she died tomorrow, the earth will have "removed a cavity".

Old 03-26-2014, 02:43 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
that's probably a good thing. the last thing this world needs is a mandy marcotte junior.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:45 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Most abortion advocates are careful to act as if they’re not really fans of abortion. No one likes abortion but not abortion advocate Amanda Marcotte. Read what she says.

"Well, let me just put a stop to this **** right now. You can give me gold-plated day care and an awesome public school right on the street corner and start paying me 15% more at work, and I still do not want a baby.

I don’t particularly like babies. They are loud and smelly and, above all other things, demanding. No matter how much free day care you throw at women, babies are still time-sucking monsters with their constant neediness.

No matter how flexible you make my work schedule, my entire life would be overturned by a baby. I like my life how it is, with my ability to do what I want when I want without having to arrange for a babysitter. I like being able to watch True Detective right now and not wait until baby is in bed. I like sex in any room of the house I please. I don’t want a baby. I’ve heard your pro-baby arguments. Glad those work for you, but they are unconvincing to me. Nothing will make me want a baby.

And don’t float “adoption” as an answer. Adoption? F*** you, seriously. I am not turning my body over for nine months of gaining weight and puking and being tired and suffering and not being able to sleep on my side and going to the hospital for a bout of misery and pain so that some couple

I don’t know and probably don’t even like can have a baby. I don’t owe that couple a free couch to sleep on while they come to my city to check out the local orphans, so I sure as F*** don’t own them my body. I like drinking alcohol and eating soft cheese. I like not having a giant growth protruding out of my stomach. I hate hospitals and like not having stretch marks. We don’t even force men to donate sperm—a largely pleasurable activity with no physical cost—so forcing women to donate babies is reprehensible."

Amanda Marcotte: Babies are time-sucking monsters, abortion like removing a cavity
Sounds like her parents should have felt the same way and aborted her. What a selfish pig.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:46 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:

Well, lets be clear:

Despite all the rampant propaganda showing aborted late-term fetuses, approximately 98.7% of abortions are performed within the first 21 weeks. Most late-term abortions are due to health risks or fetal abnormalities.

In a statistical sense, the abortion debate is pretty much null-in void (and politically spun). Statistics don't ever seem matter in political discourse, however.

Can we stop having this silly debate and get back to the economy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies