U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you lose your HC?
Yes 13 18.31%
No 54 76.06%
I never had HC 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM

46,053 posts, read 29,514,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
No, it's not. Saying it is, is just code for you being a Democrat.

True, but irrelevant to my point. Did you even GET my point?

I have no idea, and again, it has nothing to do with anything I've written, or anything that anyone else has written.

Try sticking at least tangentially to the topic.
A woman should not have to pay more in healthcare insurance just for being a woman.

Your point is irrelevant because gas and burgers are not the same as healthcare insurance.

Yet your burgers and gas analogies had nothing to do with what I written. Healthcare insurance is like cable packages, you can't pick and choose every channel you want and don't want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Too expensive.

Nice dodge, though. Almost worked.

So is filling out a 65 page form - twice - and still not even knowing if you're covered three months later "easy" or not, for an average 18 year old who's never filled out anything more complex than a selective service registration? And this time don't dodge the question.
That makes sense, go with the less expensive plan, I hope you are paying your child's insurance rather than sticking them with the bill just because you didn't want your own insurance to go up.

Sorry that this process has been so hard for you and your child, there isn't anything I can do to help over the internet, but I hope you all get it worked out.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:00 PM

18,677 posts, read 17,063,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
My health care hasn't changed one bit.

Ditto. Still have a stellar plan for a pittance.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:01 PM

12,289 posts, read 7,959,930 times
I didn't lose my coverage, but it did to up over 25%

Old 03-27-2014, 12:04 PM

3,576 posts, read 6,063,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
A woman should not have to pay more in healthcare insurance just for being a woman.

Your point is irrelevant because gas and burgers are not the same as healthcare insurance.

Yet your burgers and gas analogies had nothing to do with what I written. Healthcare insurance is like cable packages, you can't pick and choose every channel you want and don't want.
So an old woman shouldn't pay more than a younger woman? Because we shouldn't discriminate? Right?

You see the point is if everyone should be treated equally, than old/young/man/woman/pre existing/no pre existing condition should all be rolled up and treated the same.

All premiums should be the same. Yes or no? So do you support the ACA's continued discrimination based on age?

Seems like you support the ACA's stance on getting rid of gender discrimination.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:10 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,435,742 times
Lost mine, had to opt for a plan with a higher deductible then the one I had to stay within the same rates. Also, signed up for the plan 6 weeks ago and the agency (who has horrid reviews, but only one offered in my state) has yet to implement my plan. So for the past 4 weeks now, I have no insurance and don't know when it will start.

Obamacare, is a joke, will not work and needs to be stopped. The problem now is, once it is shut down (repealed) and it will be eventually, (again because it won't work) millions more Americans that previously had health insurance will not have it. This, primarily because employers are opting out of group plans.

Obama went all in with this one and he's holding a pair of 2's and the powers that be called our healthcare system is holding high Aces. Obama will never be able to shake the coming mess from this stupid (we told you so) plan of his. It will be his "legacy" and remembered and one of the biggest debacles in American history.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:17 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,328,900 times
Nope.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
So an old woman shouldn't pay more than a younger woman? Because we shouldn't discriminate? Right?

You see the point is if everyone should be treated equally, than old/young/man/woman/pre existing/no pre existing condition should all be rolled up and treated the same.

All premiums should be the same. Yes or no? So do you support the ACA's continued discrimination based on age?

Seems like you support the ACA's stance on getting rid of gender discrimination.
Well ACA isn't perfect, there are still a number of things that could be improced, including this. I am betting this was more of a political issue than anything else.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:32 PM

15,202 posts, read 18,253,833 times
Quote:
She doesn't, and never has.

Quote:
No, my point (which you completely missed) was that if you use or receive a product or service, you're expected to pay for it.

You want maternity coverage for women, but you don't think they should be charged more for it. Well, I want a double cheeseburger, but I don't think it's fair that I'm charged more than someone who only wants a single.

Get it now?

Quote:
Healthcare insurance is like cable packages, you can't pick and choose every channel you want and don't want.
Thanks for making that analogy. You're boosting MY position, not yours.

It's odd - you're lamenting that you can't choose the channels you receive, but you're arguing for exactly the opposite when it comes to health insurance. Up until three months ago, you COULD "pick and choose" what you did and didn't want coverage for. Now we've got a "one size fits all" approach, and you think it's awesome.

I hope you like having 1,000 channels you don't want or need. Your fondness for "one size fits all" solutions will suit you well when it comes time to shop for a new cable or satellite package.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
She doesn't, and never has.

No, my point (which you completely missed) was that if you use or receive a product or service, you're expected to pay for it.

You want maternity coverage for women, but you don't think they should be charged more for it. Well, I want a double cheeseburger, but I don't think it's fair that I'm charged more than someone who only wants a single.

Get it now?

Thanks for making that analogy. You're boosting MY position, not yours.

It's odd - you're lamenting that you can't choose the channels you receive, but you're arguing for exactly the opposite when it comes to health insurance. Up until three months ago, you COULD "pick and choose" what you did and didn't want coverage for. Now we've got a "one size fits all" approach, and you think it's awesome.

I hope you like having 1,000 channels you don't want or need. Your fondness for "one size fits all" solutions will suit you well when it comes time to shop for a new cable or satellite package.
Again, what does your need for a double cheeseburger have to do with healthcare insurance? What if you only want one and a half of a double cheeseburger? Can you get that or do they only sell you the whole double cheeseburger? And now you have made me hungry for a cheeseburger.

I have yet to see a cable or satellite package that let you pick and choose each individual channel you want, please let me know if you know of any company that does that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or