U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you lose your HC?
Yes 13 18.31%
No 54 76.06%
I never had HC 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 02:58 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,497,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
So sorry, see no doom and gloom here. Uninsured Q1 2014 is lowest since 2009

U.S. Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
Medicaid for all would drop it to 0% uninsured, but your own chart shows that the uninsured levels are still higher than when ACA was passed, which is pretty bad considering all of the new medicaid patients who signed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You laugh at people who lose their health care coverage??

That's pretty messed up of you. I don't laugh when anyone loses their coverage, even when righties lose it I don't think it's funny, but to each his own.
Isnt that what Democrats did when they called everyones policies who got cancelled "junk", and then laughed at them for having them, while then suggesting they were lying for having them cancelled?

Old 03-27-2014, 03:04 PM

10,328 posts, read 10,352,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Too expensive.

Nice dodge, though. Almost worked.

So is filling out a 65 page form - twice - and still not even knowing if you're covered three months later "easy" or not, for an average 18 year old who's never filled out anything more complex than a selective service registration? And this time don't dodge the question.
i FILLED OUT THE FORM AS WELL AND WAS NO BIG DEAL. You have to follow through and track that it gets done.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:34 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,463,216 times
No, but the premiums, co-pays and deductibles went way up thanks to the ACA. Thank you Democrats, I needed to spend more money anyway.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:37 PM

10,328 posts, read 10,352,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No, but the premiums, co-pays and deductibles went way up thanks to the ACA. Thank you Democrats, I needed to spend more money anyway.
Send me a PM with your contact info. I would like to get setup to withdraw from your checking account on a monthly basis.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Send me a PM with your contact info. I would like to get setup to withdraw from your checking account on a monthly basis.
You should run for Congress..

Old 03-27-2014, 03:55 PM

379 posts, read 483,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We have budgeted for it, so I don't imagine having any problems with it.
Good luck at the public clinics. Remember those signs in doctor offices that say they don't accept Medicare. Yep, that's you now. Way to go, champ.

Take it from someone in the hospitals and clinics each and every day. You are screwed. Hope you voted conservative and not progressive so I can have some sympathy. Otherwise.....have fun.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:11 PM

9,595 posts, read 5,802,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
In name only. Your copays will probably bankrupt you before you are ever cured of whatever disease you have. Either that or you'll just end up one of their death panels and end up being dropped from their company. Try getting insurance after that from another company.

The bronze plan would bankrupt most people too before getting full treatment and it would cost more. Let's be real.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:12 PM

8,886 posts, read 3,934,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
Good luck at the public clinics. Remember those signs in doctor offices that say they don't accept Medicare. Yep, that's you now. Way to go, champ.

Take it from someone in the hospitals and clinics each and every day. You are screwed. Hope you voted conservative and not progressive so I can have some sympathy. Otherwise.....have fun.
Public clinics - Medicare? I think you mean Medicaid. And most docs take Medicare. Only one of our local docs that could, does not.

Less than 1% of physicians have formally opted out of Medicare | The Incidental Economist

Old 03-27-2014, 04:15 PM

8,886 posts, read 3,934,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The bronze plan would bankrupt most people too before getting full treatment and it would cost more. Let's be real.
With high deductible plans in relatively poor people, they will not go BK. What will happen with a very major hospital bill, is that the hospital will end up eating the patient's deductible. If the bill is $100K and the patient has a $10K deductible that they cannot meet, the hospital will be quite glad to accept the $90K. Vs next to nothing if the patient was uninsured. Sure they might pursue the patient's $10K, but it will be a relatively soft pursuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or