U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you lose your HC?
Yes 13 18.31%
No 54 76.06%
I never had HC 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 02:24 PM

8,915 posts, read 3,955,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Maybe thats the $2500 in savings Obama promised everyone a year..

You can thank those who are picking up the tab btw.. They arent free
We pay our huge premiums and any OOP's and share risks with the others in our particular plan, along with the insurance company. This is the nature of insurance. No one 'picks our tab', unless they pay in more and take out less than us. Again the nature of insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 02:33 PM

30,222 posts, read 16,690,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes.....of course.

My insurance company stopped charging me anything and bought my kid a pony.
Mine did too! Pre-ACA. THANKS OBAMA.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:47 PM

3,576 posts, read 6,073,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
We pay our huge premiums and any OOP's and share risks with the others in our particular plan, along with the insurance company. This is the nature of insurance. No one 'picks our tab', unless they pay in more and take out less than us. Again the nature of insurance.
Would you pissed if you were paying a $10000 a year in premiums with a $6000 hsa compatible deductible.

Now having to pay $14000 a year (family of 4) with a $6000 deductible that's no longer considered hsa compatible?

That's a double whammy with us

Or we could pay the same $10000 a year and get hit with the $12700 deductible.

So we pay more and get nothing more than our previously insurance.

I ask all other Aca supporters. Who's paying a lot more for the same services?

Old 03-28-2014, 05:49 PM

19,561 posts, read 17,809,660 times
Nope and I am still paying the same as last year.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:17 PM

5,336 posts, read 6,152,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
If you voted Dem and lost it, I have no sympathy. I actually laugh at you. You made this bed and forced it on every American out there. If you didn't lose it, but pay more, I still laugh at you. You deserve it.
What if I didn't lose it, and pay less?

My employer-sponsored plan's 2014 premiums are slightly less than my 2013 premiums, my deductible dropped by $700 and my co-insurance went from 70/30 to 80/20. Same doctors, same insurer. My employer has offered high-quality coverage all the years I've worked for them (over 10), and the plan is already a qualified health plan, so next year's employer mandate isn't going to make them have to offer more than what they already do.

I had already opted in the past few years to have a high-deductible plan to keep my premiums low, as my family doesn't utilize much in medical care and our yearly out-of-pocket is pretty low. This qualified me for an HSA that my employer contributes to.

Last edited by robbobobbo; 03-28-2014 at 08:26 PM..

Old 03-28-2014, 09:15 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,366,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
What if I didn't lose it, and pay less?

My employer-sponsored plan's 2014 premiums are slightly less than my 2013 premiums, my deductible dropped by $700 and my co-insurance went from 70/30 to 80/20. Same doctors, same insurer. My employer has offered high-quality coverage all the years I've worked for them (over 10), and the plan is already a qualified health plan, so next year's employer mandate isn't going to make them have to offer more than what they already do.

I had already opted in the past few years to have a high-deductible plan to keep my premiums low, as my family doesn't utilize much in medical care and our yearly out-of-pocket is pretty low. This qualified me for an HSA that my employer contributes to.
I pay slightly more starting Jan. 1st because I switched to a different company. My new insurance policy is much better than the old one and the deductibles are less. I have better coverage than before so I don't mind paying a little more. I was rejected by this company in the past because I had a "pre-existing medical condition." Now for the first time I am eligible.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:20 PM

379 posts, read 484,703 times
It's Christmas!!!! I'm so happy.

Screw the people paying for you!!! Capitalism at work. I love it.

Don't forget to send me a thank you card.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:21 PM

5,722 posts, read 4,544,085 times
Did I lose my healthcare? No, I didn't.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:43 AM

22,823 posts, read 16,889,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Again, what does your need for a double cheeseburger have to do with healthcare insurance? What if you only want one and a half of a double cheeseburger? Can you get that or do they only sell you the whole double cheeseburger? And now you have made me hungry for a cheeseburger.

I have yet to see a cable or satellite package that let you pick and choose each individual channel you want, please let me know if you know of any company that does that.
Actually, some cable companies give you a basic package, and then you can pay for certain cable channels that you want. You may not be able to ONLY have the channels that you want and only pay for them, but yes, there is indeed the option to pick some of the channels that you want, you pay for those, while you keep a basic package.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:25 AM

5,336 posts, read 6,152,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
It's Christmas!!!! I'm so happy.

Screw the people paying for you!!! Capitalism at work. I love it.

Don't forget to send me a thank you card.
Do you have something against people working and being compensated for it?

I'll act all conservativey and say, "Get a good job with good health benefits". It's what my super-conservative father always advised me about my future when I was growing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or